• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Hack Update: FAQs in OP, Read before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salaadin

jcm said:
So where's this supposed list of 4000 usernames?
The guys who found it wont tell for obvious reasons. I think one of them notified the FBI and neogaf mods.
I want to see the list but at the same time, I dont want the list posted on a forum as large as gaf just in case my name is on there.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
BTW, person who guesses when PSN goes up will win $20 PSN card courtesy of Mr_Elysia. Winner will be randomly chosen if there are multiple winners. Lol, now it's real. I will update the list later today with the new entries

jcm said:
So where's this supposed list of 4000 usernames?
It's off of some spanish forum apparently. But whoever got a hold of it are acting all mysterious about it. I'd like to take a look as well, see if my email's listed.

Salaadin said:
I want to see the list but at the same time, I dont want the list posted on a forum as large as gaf just in case my name is on there.
They could just give the email portion of the list, so people are able to know whether they're concerned or what.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Effect said:
It could be weeks or months before anything happens though. So just because they say something now doesn't mean one shouldn't be worried if they had a CC or DC attached to their account.

The more the time goes by, the more unlikely it gets actually. If one steals CC info, you can bet he's gonna try to profit as soon as possible, before the CC gets blocked.

Effect said:
It could be weeks or months before anything happens though. So just because they say something now doesn't mean one shouldn't be worried if they had a CC or DC attached to their account.

Actually in a situation like this, that is so public and out there, the thief would sell them ASAP because the longer he waits the less valuable it is. With it being such a known hack, lots of banks are aware and are less likely to approve strange transactions with accounts that have been used on PSN. That is just truth.

Trust me, if you bought something on PSN with you card, the financial institutions are on those accounts like hawks right now. Couple that with the amount of people that have changed there card and you are talking about a less valuable list as time goes by.

Edit: Partialy beaten by TTP. It's good to know that some people in this thread actually have knowledge of stuff like this. Trust me, Albert Gonzalez didn't wait around. He auctioned the info ASAP

Salaadin

TTP said:
The more the time goes by, the more unlikely it gets actually. If one steals CC info, you can bet he's gonna try to profit as soon as possible, before the CC gets blocked.

Right. I had my card jacked from a phishing scam (I was dumb) and it was used the very next day....not even 12 hours after they got the card.
I guess it could take weeks or months but in a case as large as this where now almost everyone with a PSN account knows their info mightve been compromised, the thief is going to want to use it ASAP.

Hanmik

ohh a bet.. monday 2nd. of may.. around 12 o´clock GMT.. then we will be able to sign into PSN and change our password...

TTP said:
right, and before it expires or changes naturally. also, before the story gets too big.

worringly though i can't actually log into my online bank right now because they are down, so that makes it harder to monitor things. not too concerned, but yeah, that makes me marginally more concerned, just cause i can't currently see what's going on with my funds.

Effect

TTP said:

cjtiger300 said:
Actually in a situation like this, that is so public and out there, the thief would sell them ASAP because the longer he waits the less valuable it is. With it being such a known hack, lots of banks are aware and are less likely to approve strange transactions with accounts that have been used on PSN. That is just truth.

Trust me, if you bought something on PSN with you card, the financial institutions are on those accounts like hawks right now. Couple that with the amount of people that have changed there card and you are talking about a less valuable list as time goes by.

This does make more sense.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Wario64 said:
BTW, person who guesses when PSN goes up will win $20 PSN card courtesy of Mr_Elysia. Winner will be randomly chosen if there are multiple winners. Lol, now it's real. I will update the list later today with the new entries

Money on the line? I choose...

May 3, 2011

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
hirokazu said:
Put me down for May 3!

What's this list all about, hey? Who has seen it, are we able to confirm if we're on the list?

Nothing. It's today's FUD.

Come back tomorrow for more!

RPGCrazied

Wario64 said:

Whoa, really!? Thats awesome of him / her.

Put me down for May 3rd or 2nd depending on Timezone. The Firmware updates were usually pushed through after midnight EST, but before midnight PST if that makes any sense.

Just put me down for the 3rd, lol! But this timezone thing needs to be addressed.

jcm

Salaadin said:
The guys who found it wont tell for obvious reasons. I think one of them notified the FBI and neogaf mods.

This doesn't make sense to me. If my name is on it I definitely want to know about it. Posting it here would let me check. It's not like we're any safer having the list only circulating through the criminal community. That's not even security through obscurity. It's security through sticking your head in the sand.

BackwardsSuggestions said:
Guys, the list can't be from PSN since it has nicks with spaces in them which PSN doesn't allow. Simple.
Since people don't seem to read further than the first fear mongering post they see, this can't be quoted enough.

Zoe

KingOfKong said:
this thread is very strange to monitor. in the evening and later in the night people are rational and not much talk about stolen CC #s takes place. In the morning all the paranoid users begin their doom and gloom posts. Very entertaining to say the least.

I've noticed that a lot of the reported suspicious activity seems to be taking place in EU... that might have something to do with it.

test_account

XP-39C²
Grampasso said:
Fuck you.
Just fuck you and your insane bullshits, I don't know how you're still being able to post here.
I had to come back home from the city where I work and probably will lose several work days (at least 300-400€) for this reason, so FUCK YOU.
Although i do belive that money were taken from your account, are you sure that it was PSN related? Do you use that card anywhere else, like i ATM machines? If you do, maybe you used it in an ATM machine that had skimming equipment installed?

I do agree that it would quite a coincidence if this happened just now that PSN has been hacked, but i'm just wondering if it could be something else instead, and just be a coincidence.

Baconbitz

Banned
Wario64 said:
WHEN DOES PSN GO UP NEOGAF BETTING LIST

Betting list closes at 12:01 AM PDT April 30th :)

This is for partial functionality, as in being able to login to PSN at minimum (but I'll list you if you only guess full funct.)

April 30 - hikarutilmitt, Rewrite
May 1 - Marius_, ULTROS!
May 2 - Wario64, Hex, AwesomeSauce, Dead Man, plainr_, pharmboy044, chubigans, KingOfKong
May 3 - xaosslug, arnoldocastillo2003, Professor Beef, gutter_trash, Dreamgazer, QuantumBro, RustyNails
May 4 - Ickman3400, RPGCrazied
May 5 - upJTboogie, CcrooK
May 6 - Snack, UberTag
May 7 - Dipindots
May 9 - shintoki, Mooreberg

May 15 - Megadragon15
May 16 - xKilltheMx

May 30 - DryEyeRelief

June 6 - DrForester

June 16 - Brannon

Nov 1 - Net_Wrecker
May 10th

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wario: Put me down for 2-3rd. That's one week from the announcement that it'd be "half-up by" the announcement. I'm hedging my "bet" on it being one of those two days. But I wouldn't be surprised if Sony goes "LOL PSYCHE" and delays.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
cjtiger300 said:
Put me down for May 3rd or 2nd depending on Timezone. The Firmware updates were usually pushed through after midnight EST, but before midnight PST if that makes any sense.

Just put me down for the 3rd, lol! But this timezone thing needs to be addressed.
I'm guessing the PSN card is for the US, so the region we're guessing is for US. And time zone will be Pacific time. You only need to guess the day though.

Also, Krakatoa is offering a limited edition 360 faceplate from Zero Hour as a prize. Not sure how I will pick a winner for it but I'm thinking as a runner up prize. More free stuff!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Wario I'm betting May 1st.

Yea it's a Sunday, but it's also the beginning of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom