• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN High Stages on the Vegas Strip Poker Night - The Thread

garrickk

Crazymoogle said:
I'm in. Even have a headset this time, though it's charging...
Well, make sure you are connected in the XMB before you launch the game. It appears to be a bit picky for some people. I haven't had a problem yet with the Jabra BT125, but some people are with other devices.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
ahh I keep gettin delayed... how many people do you get on average at night? I definitely wanna join in.

garrickk said:
Well, make sure you are connected in the XMB before you launch the game. It appears to be a bit picky for some people. I haven't had a problem yet with the Jabra BT125, but some people are with other devices.

Can it be connected while charging? I need my headset to get some more juice. Literally have the same one, bought it 20 minutes ago. :lol

garrickk

Game started:
- My PSN and the Room Name: Garrick
- Game: Texas Hold-em w/ No betting Limit
- Game Type: Open Table (or Sit & Go - which one do you prefer?)
- Password: believe
- The starting limit is $1000
- Small/Big Blinds are $5/$10
- Voice chat on. It works well and is quite clear. There are no icons to tell you who is speaking, but it's a small room.

msdstc said:
ahh I keep gettin delayed... how many people do you get on average at night? I definitely wanna join in.
4-6

Crazymoogle said:
Can it be connected while charging? I need my headset to get some more juice. Literally have the same one, bought it 20 minutes ago. :lol
I doubt it. It would probably require a complex power circuit than the small device could handle. Plus, USB offers a relatively noisy +5V rail from a usually cheap switching regulator - I would assume you would have to filter this before using the rail to power an active wireless device. Just a guess.

I would just join the game without a mic for a while and let the headset charge for 30 minutes or so. Then, exit, setup your headset, and come back.

garrickk

GAF High Stakes on the Vegas Strip POKER NIGHT TONIGHT - Thursday 9/27 @ 10:30pm Eastern

*** PM or post here if you are going to play.

10:30pm Eastern
9:30pm Central
8:30pm Mountain
7:30pm Pacific
TONIGHT, Thursday, Sept. 27th

- Game Type: Open Table - to start out the night. We might try a Sit & Go game later.
- The starting limit will be $1000 I think. If your new character has $5000, you'll only be risking at most $1000 a game.
- Small/Big Blinds will be $5/$10. Smaller bets for less money. We don't want people to go broke too quickly.
- Voice chat on. It works well and is quite clear. There are no icons to tell you who is speaking, but it's a small room. We played for 5 hours last Thursday night and my Jabra BT125 never beeped at me.

If you do not see room Garrick, you might have to look through the other rooms for GAF people. If/when I bust out, someone else will become host automatically and the room name changes to their PSN ID.

garrickk

chubigans said:
I'll definitely try to make it...really, I will...but the Office is on tonight so...phooey. :(
AstroLad said:
Office is at 9/8C (hour-long).
11_theoffice_lgl.jpg

dwight-at-christmas.jpg

garrickk

Game started:
- Game Type: Open Table
- Voice chat on. It works well and is quite clear. There are no icons to tell you who is speaking, but it's a small room.

garrickk

GAF High Stakes on the Vegas Strip POKER NIGHT TONIGHT - Monday 10/1 @ 10:30pm Eastern.
*record the 4th quarter of MNF...the game should be over by then anyway

TONIGHT, Monday, October 1st

- Game Type: Sit & Go - to start out the night. We will migrate then to Open Table.
- Voice chat on

If you do not see room Garrick, you might have to look through the other rooms for GAF people. If/when I bust out, someone else will become host automatically and the room name changes to their PSN ID.

Hey I picked up Poker a few days ago so I'm going to try to make it. However I somehow got tickets to the Rockies/Padres tiebreaker tonight and im not sure when Ill be home. If im not in by the 1030 ill try again next week. Oh, GO ROCKIES!!!

garrickk

BobTheFork said:
Hey I picked up Poker a few days ago so I'm going to try to make it. However I somehow got tickets to the Rockies/Padres tiebreaker tonight and im not sure when Ill be home. If im not in by the 1030 ill try again next week. Oh, GO ROCKIES!!!
Nice, enjoy the game. I shall enjoy severe heartbreak later in the week from the Cubs - but on TV.

BTW, we'll probably play 2-5 hours, so a room may be around for a while. There is usually an open chair from time-to-time.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
hows it goin, alright still haven't got to hop on, but me and my cousin are gunna join in we're gamesharing this, so when we both have it count us in, should be by at latest next monday. How's the poker nights been holding up anyway?

garrickk

Game started:

msdstc said:
hows it goin, alright still haven't got to hop on, but me and my cousin are gunna join in we're gamesharing this, so when we both have it count us in, should be by at latest next monday. How's the poker nights been holding up anyway?
It's been going well. We've had 4-6 people every game, 2-3 times a week. I think we're just going to stick with Monday from now on. Hopefully, we get a full table every Monday.

went back a few pages to find something else and noticed this.

monday is coming up.

is anyone interested in setting up a real money gaf thing? im assuming smallish amounts since most are inexperienced.

garrickk

GAF High Stakes on the Vegas Strip POKER NIGHT TONIGHT - Monday 10/15 @ 10:30pm Eastern.

TONIGHT, Monday, October 1st

- Voice chat on

McLesterolBeast said:
went back a few pages to find something else and noticed this.

monday is coming up.

is anyone interested in setting up a real money gaf thing? im assuming smallish amounts since most are inexperienced.
I think real money would be hard to coordinate, but we are playing tonight. Usually, I get 6-10 people saying that will play, but only half show up. Ookie started a different thread last week, that's why this wasn't bumped.

tanod

when is my burrito
Hey Garrick,

Maybe you could PM a mod to get the thread moved to the Online forum. It might get more visibility that way?

garrickk

tanod said:
Hey Garrick,

Maybe you could PM a mod to get the thread moved to the Online forum. It might get more visibility that way?
I requested the move and also a title change from Vennt, thanks. I'm not sure the visibility will actually be better, but it's more appropriate.

garrickk

Ugh, it seems that interest in a weekly poker game took a nose dive last week and today. Oh well. We'll try for a game in 30 minutes.

garrickk

Turnout the last two Mondays has not been good. The game sort of died.

Anyway, if anyone else wants to organize a weekly or random game, have at it.

I'm officially done with this game. I saved a month ago with 492K in chips but now it doesn't seem to care what I do. I've won 1.3M, 1.2M, 2.3M, 6.4M etc. etc. It never updates my chip count. Sure, I've played against people who quit on the river and the game freezes, but this is different. Last night I played for 4 hours and amassed 10.1M from a starting point of 492K. I went to bed, but before I did I backed out and saved.

Looked it up today - 492K. This has happened everytime I win. WTF!!!!

I hate this game now with a passion. All the hard work is worth squat. FU sony/coresoft etc.! :(

Top Bottom