• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP preorders start officially tonight

Bebpo

Banned
Well it's 11:30pm in Japan now so I assume you mean tomorrow 11/11/2004?

Hmm, I hope the local store will be taking pre-orders so I don't have to worry about camping out in the snow in Dec ^^;;

Jonnyram

Only source of this I've seen is an unsubstantiated rumour on 2ch. There's no evidence of it elsewhere and it would surely be announced beforehand.

Pimpwerx

When's the US launch expected? Spring? Man, I'm trying to resist the urge to preorder one, but I don't know. I keep telling myself to wait for the first hardware revision, but that's gonna be a year away. Chances are anything bought in the first year will have the same production problems, so why not get one at launch? :? I have to say, those RR vids did it for me, and I don't really like Ridge Racer. PEACE.

Pimpwerx said:
When's the US launch expected? Spring? Man, I'm trying to resist the urge to preorder one, but I don't know. I keep telling myself to wait for the first hardware revision, but that's gonna be a year away. Chances are anything bought in the first year will have the same production problems, so why not get one at launch? :? I have to say, those RR vids did it for me, and I don't really like Ridge Racer. PEACE.

Sony said they're going to announce the US launch details after the PSP launches in Japan.

Bebpo

Banned
My local Wondergoo which is part of Denkido was taking pre-orders today for:

--PSP hardware
--Tower of Purgatory
--Metal Gear Acid

So I pre-ordered the hardware and MGA. But then they had a little sign that said "For DS and PSP hardware, even if you pre-order we might not be able to give you one. So depending on our stock it will be first come first serve for pre-orders on release day".

Luckily it's a sunday and I live in what is officially the 'poorest prefacture' in Japan, so I don't expect more than about 5-10 people in line that day.

Top Bottom