• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puyo Pop Fever - Gamespot review

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/puzzle/puyopuyofever/review.html

"For a puzzle game to have real longevity, it needs to be able to successfully marry the two rather disparate concepts of a basic, easy-to-learn gameplay concept and significant strategic depth. Puyo Pop has had this from the beginning, and Puyo Pop Fever maintains this tradition. The new Fever gameplay helps pick up the pace, though its impact on the overall feel of the game isn't particularly radical. If you can tolerate the game's forcibly cute presentation, you'll find Puyo Pop Fever to be a solid, addictive puzzle game. "

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
The Fever Meter actually has quite a radical effect on the game to anyone who plays it in versus mode. You know, like it's meant to be played ;)

etiolate

Banned
That does too, look not futher than BMX XXX.

BMXXX was to another degree. What I am talking about is games that have needlessly dark enviroments, cliche action stories or excuses for gore. Something like Bloodrayne.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
This game was a blast to play in the arcade. Although the Fever meter is QUITE significant in multiplayer.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
RevenantKioku said:
This game was a blast to play in the arcade. Although the Fever meter is QUITE significant in multiplayer.

fever adds alot of timing strategy to the game which i think is really great. puyo fever rules!

cja

cheery * 3
cute * 3
color * 9

Note to Yuji Naka from Sega PR: Need more shades of grey and trenchcoats to achieve higher score from image obsessed, gaijin reviewers.

Gantz

Banned
Puyo Pop Fever is fucking addicting. I was a little turned off by the cutesy anime but damn I can't stop playing.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
I guess the lack of replies in this thread is a result of the lack of interest which is a result of the lack of an online mode for either PS2 or Xband. Way to go Sega :mad:

WarPig

AniHawk said:
And his sister being in love with him.

Damn, that was an awkward part of the game to watch.

His sister wasn't into it, I thought? They were just friends. Or some shit. I've probably blocked it out in any event.

Talking to Kojima the first time after MGS2 was strange. I mean, going through the motions and asking all the usual questions about Snake Eater. In the back of my mind I just wanted to grab him and shake him and yell "WHAT THE FUCK, MAN? WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK?"

DFS.

ferricide

WarPig said:
In the back of my mind I just wanted to grab him and shake him and yell "WHAT THE FUCK, MAN? WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK?"
yeah, cos nobody else is just doing the straightforward military shit, and we'd rather seem him just waste his time on that shit. =)

meanwhile puyo pop fever's art is boring shit. i'm so tired of the ultrageneric cutesy anime-meets-powerpuff girls shit that's been coming out of japan all this generation.

Top Bottom