• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Aight here we go here's everything I've written for OT2 plus the source BBCode for OT1:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-Zn6evS9pq0R0BwNtQk0ZNWOGdDXcylnYYni9USoJUI/edit?usp=sharing

Christ this game is complicated

Wow...A+ work!

If anyone is interested in helping me get the next OT going, PM me. I don't want to sound rude, but don't PM me if you aren't serious/don't frequent this thread. As can be seen from Cosmo's post, there is a LOT of shit. I want to make sure the few folks that help are willing to help and will be able to contribute accordingly.

E: I saved the document to my computer. Thanks again for your work up to now!!!

ok so i restarted. what im supposed to do diffrently than just running through the dungeons.

Honestly, you should be doing the tutorial over and over until your first (free) REM pull is either AA Lucifer, Kirin, Horus, or (if you're feeling REALLY lucky), Ra. Ra is a last ditch since he requires you to match all 5 colors to trigger his multiplier. AA Luci would be your "must have", with Kirin and Horus being incredibly strong alternatives.

Wow...A+ work!

If anyone is interested in helping me get the next OT going, PM me. I don't want to sound rude, but don't PM me if you aren't serious/don't frequent this thread. As can be seen from Cosmo's post, there is a LOT of shit. I want to make sure the few folks that help are willing to help and will be able to contribute accordingly.

E: I saved the document to my computer. Thanks again for your work up to now!!
I'd be willing to help out in any way possible. If you want to assign me a section I'll definitely work on it and try to finish it this weekend.

By the way, I didn't realize how much work this involved. A big thank you to Cosmo for both creating this thread to begin with and for all the work you put towards OT2

razterik

I've got the droid all the way up to ulti evo, what's a good way of tackling legend on the ancient water dragon?

With those levels, you aren't going to make it through most Legend dungeons. I don't even think you will make it through most Master dungeons unless you are running 2/2/2 dark with a friend Lucifer. You really need to grind out some exp/rank and expand your team sub options. It's too early for your teams to worry about high level content.

With those levels, you aren't going to make it through most Legend dungeons. I don't even think you will make it through most Master dungeons unless you are running 2/2/2 dark with a friend Lucifer. You really need to grind out some exp/rank and expand your team sub options. It's too early for your teams to worry about high level content.
I got through expert OK. Could I at least do master?

Updates from JP Land:
Burn Phoenix Knight Homura -> 2x ATK and RCV to Balance types
Flood Fenrir Knight Kamui -> 3x ATK to Balance types
Ancient Dragon Knight Zero (Cero? idk) -> 3x ATK to Dragon types
Sky God Knight Verche -> 2x ATK and RCV to God types
Chaos Dragon Knight Voice (Void?) ->2x HP and ATK to Dragon types
Symphony Love Feline Deity Bastet -> Scaling ATK multiplier starting from 4+ combo, up to 4x ATK. Gains Light subelement and Healer subtype

Bustied Toy Dragons get subtypes and stat buffs:
Flare Drall: Attacker, more ATK
Megalodran: Physical, more HP
Forttoytops: Balance, more ATK/RCV
Faillio: Healer, more RCV
Drawn Joker: more HP, already has Devil subtype

All Norse God active skills now last for 3 turns instead of 2. Ame no Uzume (upcoming Japanese god)'s active now lasts for 4 turns instead of 3.

Ookuninushi's leader skill is now 4xATK for a 6+ combo as mentioned earlier in the week.

razterik

I got through expert OK. Could I at least do master?

Well, the biggest problem with master is the double binding and double striking chimeras, which have a total of over a million HP and can hit you for 28k if they sync timers. You could try to red team it, hit Echidna, and try to down the red one first, but I'm not sure how successful you will be. There really is a large jump in damage and difficulty between expert and master in most cases.

Ashodin

Updates from JP Land:
Symphony Love Feline Deity Bastet -> Scaling ATK multiplier starting from 4+ combo, up to 4x ATK. Gains Light subelement and Healer subtype

All Norse God active skills now last for 3 turns instead of 2. Ame no Uzume (upcoming Japanese god)'s active now lasts for 4 turns instead of 3.

Ookuninushi's leader skill is now 4xATK for a 6+ combo as mentioned earlier in the week.

DEM BUFFS

I love my knights.

razterik

Toy dragons now useful? I am in shock. Angelion just offed Siren on most healer teams. Bastet is sweet since she has been mostly useless so far, but 7 combos for 4x is rough. The healer subtype is great though with her high HP.

razterik

Well, assuming the starting point is the same, 2.5x at 4 combos. 3x at 5 combos, 3.5x at 6 combos, and topping out with 4x at 7 combos. Maybe different since this actually makes her .5x stronger than the new green JP god until 9 combos. This isn't better than Horus, but has more flexibility in damage and subs at the expense of not hitting max damage as consistently.

Amon37

I'm jealous of your DROID. I ran the damn Thursday dungeon so many times today and only ended up with 2 dragon fruits.

Now I have to wait at least another week to evolve my lucifer and siren. cry

razterik

Four more pulls on the carnival before the end. Toytops, Naga, Drall, Shaitan. So, 17 pulls total, 2 carnival, two gold, Dino Rider and Horus. Weak. No Lucifer or Neptune for me. Might roll for Astaroth if we get demons in this Godfest, but I really shouldn't.

So all these updates from static conditional multipliers to variable conditional multipliers makes me wonder if Isis and Horus are going this way too. .5x for each extra color match beyond the baseline might make Isis more desirable and would make Horus owners feel a little better even if the boost is minimal.

Limit

Four more pulls on the carnival before the end. Toytops, Naga, Drall, Shaitan. So, 17 pulls total, 2 carnival, two gold, Dino Rider and Horus. Weak. No Lucifer or Neptune for me. Might roll for Astaroth if we get demons in this Godfest, but I really shouldn't.

So all these updates from static conditional multipliers to variable conditional multipliers makes me wonder if Isis and Horus are going this way too. .5x for each extra color match beyond the baseline might make Isis more desirable and would make Horus owners feel a little better even if the boost is minimal.

Hey, Ra needs some love too.

Kreed

Updates from JP Land:

Now that Verche has that leader skill, I wonder if Gungho will rebuff Vritra and give his ultimate 2x Attack and x2 Recovery to God Types as well as Dragons? Probably not. Not that it matters since there's a lack of x2 HP x2 RCV monsters for God types.

The Knight's buffs are all nice, but they really need to add more HP multipliers to compete with mono colored teams in terms of overall balance.

The Toy dragons getting a boost in stats may be a sign that the Elementals might not get completely screwed over with their ultimates (comeon Gungho, go 3x HP 3x Rcv)

Zero_IYAD

After your run of good luck and everyone else's I decided to pull a few times in hopes for Neptune or Hades.

1) Fortoytops
2) Naga
3) Archangel Lucifer

...And with that, I'm retiring from the Rare Egg Machine.
Congrats!
A good number of us ended up with Lucifer after this event :D !
Surprisingly no Neptunes!

raiot

Now that Verche has that leader skill, I wonder if Gungho will rebuff Vritra and give his ultimate 2x Attack and x2 Recovery to God Types as well as Dragons? Probably not. Not that it matters since there's a lack of x2 HP x2 RCV monsters for God types.

The Knight's buffs are all nice, but they really need to add more HP multipliers to compete with mono colored teams in terms of overall balance.

The Toy dragons getting a boost in stats may be a sign that the Elementals might not get completely screwed over with their ultimates (comeon Gungho, go 3x HP 3x Rcv)

Dream on! :D

Ducarmel

Is King Metal/Jewel Dragons as good as it gets for PEM, should I just use my points or have their been better events for the pal egg machine.

razterik

Pretty much as good as it gets right now. 6.0 introduction will probably feature bonus awakening monster rates, but who knows how long away that is.

Ducarmel

thanks for the info, I still have no luck getting a mermaid from dungeons and I would have hoped to get it from a specific pem event or something if one existed..

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I need some Luci friends to try today's descended with my ult spinas dark team please!

My friend ID is 360,564,233

Jagernaut

thanks for the info, I still have no luck getting a mermaid from dungeons and I would have hoped to get it from a specific pem event or something if one existed..

There is a chance of getting a mermaid from the pal egg machine, or from the Ancient Water Dragon on expert or master.

Facebook said:
*Carnival of Likes Issue*

We have found an issue with the Rare Egg Machine drops that some of the monsters of "Carnival of Likes" have not been delivered as level 30 during 9/26 (Thur) 7:37 PM - 10:46 PM (PDT).
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

For those who have pulled the Rare Egg Machine and have not received level 30 monster during this time, you will be receiving back the Magic Stones that were used. As added compensation, we have also rescheduled the Rare Egg Machine event to run 10/4 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM (PDT).

Probably won't overlap with the Godfest...but still.

Radav

So I guess with the addition of new leaders skills, sub element and sub type we probably can't expect any kind of stat boost to the mystic knights at all right?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I guess with the addition of new leaders skills, sub element and sub type we probably can't expect any kind of stat boost to the mystic knights at all right?

That's a good question.

Also, a lot of people are going crazy for this new Bastet busty. I'm missing the strength of it, though...For those who don't know, it's 2.5x damage for 4x combo, up to 4x multiplier (for 7x combo). I guess it's nice if you aren't able to match Horus all the time, but I figured most people who USE Horus are good at him by now. The Facebook group is full of people talking about how folks are feeding their +297 Horus to Bastet. Nuts.

That's a good question.

Also, a lot of people are going crazy for this new Bastet busty. I'm missing the strength of it, though...For those who don't know, it's 2.5x damage for 4x combo, up to 4x multiplier (for 7x combo). I guess it's nice if you aren't able to match Horus all the time, but I figured most people who USE Horus are good at him by now. The Facebook group is full of people talking about how folks are feeding their +297 Horus to Bastet. Nuts.

I guess the confusion revolves around if the skills scales at 4x for 4 combos or 2.5x for 4 combos. Obviously 4 for 4 would break Horus like a champ.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I guess the confusion revolves around if the skills scales at 4x for 4 combos or 2.5x for 4 combos. Obviously 4 for 4 would break Horus like a champ.

There's no way they'll make Bastet 4x for 4 - that would be insane.

Right? :|

I guess it's good I've got 2~Bastets in my box just in case!

J0dy77

Anyone have a link to the busty Bastet? Seems like a very interesting upgrade. I don't have a problem matching 6 combos on any given board and being able to use hearts as part of your combo and controlling your damage will be really nice. Biggest problem I have with Horus teams is that the damage is all or nothing (16x or a tickle). This would let you match hearts for 3x damage like an Isis/Horus team but still burst when you need to. Being able to leave one monster on the board and tank while charging skills is a HUGE deal.

Edit: I have to see how the Busty looks but if she's dual color this might put her above Horus on the food chain. She has a better active and with a dual color would have better stats. Plus the ability to run Mono teams against certain dungeons would be crazy. Imagine Hera-IS with dual bastest and mono green? This would definitely bump Horus down a notch.

Kreed

Dream on! :D

And we thought Lucifer was broken. Can you imagine 9/1/9? People would be running 150k HP teams. That would be insane!

Yeah I know, I will be surprised if they even get x3 HP and a stat boost. But if they want them to be useful to people/not continue to be junk, they need a boost in RCV. Plus with all the attack spikes going on, there should be more HP/RCV spike teams. The elementals would be a good candidate for this.

That's a good question.

It's a combination of things. Besides a nice "cushion" for when you aren't able to get a +7 combo, these combo monsters vs match monsters are a lot more flexible when it comes to team mate colors (particularly running mono color). However, it is silly to get rid of Horus' like that, ESPECIALLY when Horus has not gotten an Ultimate yet. Really hope Anubis gets the Bastet/Green Japanese 2.0 God treatment when he gets an Ultimate.

Congrats!
A good number of us ended up with Lucifer after this event :D !
Surprisingly no Neptunes!

I still want a Neptune for the poison active, but knowing Gungho, it won't be long before another monster gets his active anyway (Android Dragon).

StMeph

Mono-light Valk Healers is now possible with Angelion adding Healer subtype.

I would expect the ultimates for knights to come with some small stat increase. Has there been any other busty without some stat gains?

The Bastet improvements are nice, but isn't she still strictly inferior to the upcoming dark Japanese god?

J0dy77

The Bastet improvements are nice, but isn't she still strictly inferior to the upcoming dark Japanese god?

I'm putting her right there with Horus based on the initial information. This upgrade is going to make her amazing.

Edit: Symphony Love Feline Deity Bastet -> Scaling ATK multiplier starting from 4+ combo, up to 4x ATK. Gains Light subelement and Healer subtype

And she's a HEALER? Holy shit I'm pulling for her tomorrow.

Wanchan

Symphony Love Feline Deity Bastet -> Scaling ATK multiplier starting from 4+ combo, up to 4x ATK. Gains Light subelement and Healer subtype.

Damn, that's a huge buff, my lvl 50 love deity feline bastet is happy right now, i'll probably pick her for tricolors (bye Isis :( ) and blue dungeon, mono green with Dual Bastet <3

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Bastet news makes me happy, she was the pull I got right before Horus during the recent egypt godfest, but other than tricolor dungeons I don't have much use for her due to horus just being totally superior at the moment.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I got 7 dub-mythlits by the time I got 2 dub-topalits. A+

E: And my Luci went from 1 -> 87 thanks to kings yesterday. Woo! Today I want to near max Echidna, Goemon, Hera-Ur, and Horus. Busy day. :|

Kreed

Mono-light Valk Healers is now possible with Angelion adding Healer subtype.

I would expect the ultimates for knights to come with some small stat increase. Has there been any other busty without some stat gains?

In terms of how easy it is to get x4, yes. The 4+ combo cushion however may be more appealing to players who can't match 6+ combos every round. Otherwise there are differences like the dark Japanese god having 4 rcv at max, and a 1 turn delay vs Mass attacks actives.

raiot

How I see this is, Ookuninushi = Bastet > Kirin > Horus = Lucifier

Ahem... NO? :)

I'ts more like: Lucifer = Kirin >= Horus >Ookuninushi > Bastet

I can't speak for Ookuninushi because he is a) not buffed and b) not even in the US version yet, but I have Lucifer at 99, Horus at 98 and Kirin and 88 all the subs for their best teams.
Descended Dungeons is Kirin or Lucifer Time!

Anoregon

I literally can't do anything right now due to my friend list being totally useless, lol. I'd need a dark HP booster or odin to try for dub mtyhs, and a luci for highlander/berserk, and got nada.

Ahem... NO? :)

I'ts more like: Lucifer = Kirin >= Horus >Ookuninushi > Bastet

I can't speak for Ookuninushi because he is a) not buffed and b) not even in the US version yet, but I have Lucifer at 99, Horus at 98 and Kirin and 88 all the subs for their best teams.
Descended Dungeons is Kirin or Lucifer Time!

(not sure if this work or not)
But.... what if you were to use Double Bastet leader (16x atk), and you activate King Shynee, does that mean you get 48x burst damage on Healer team??

Bastet (light as sub-element), also appears to be easier to activate LS than with Horus?

I just sort of ranked them based on how well I see them do in Descended dungeon,
I was having a lot of trouble with Zeus-Dios (Horus x Kirin), and had to eat stones when I couldn't activate Kirin,
Also, don't see Lucifer having enough firepower to take down Athena fast enough either (they hit pretty hard, like 90k after certain turns if I remember correctly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom