• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

Ahem... NO? :)

I'ts more like: Lucifer = Kirin >= Horus >Ookuninushi > Bastet

I can't speak for Ookuninushi because he is a) not buffed and b) not even in the US version yet, but I have Lucifer at 99, Horus at 98 and Kirin and 88 all the subs for their best teams.
Descended Dungeons is Kirin or Lucifer Time!

Including the japanese 2.0 Gods (the blue one that has Kirin's skill, and the green one that goes from 1.5 with a 3 combo to x10 with a 20 combo), I'd say the top tier list will become this:

Lucifer = Kirin >= Blue Japanese 2.0 God >= Horus = Ookuninushi > Bastet > Green Japanese 2.0 God* (Savant Tier Candidate)

So I did a few more pulls hoping to join the Luci ranks...to no luck. I did, however, get a second Horus. Go for skill up or hold for an awaken skill?

mercviper

So I did a few more pulls hoping to join the Luci ranks...to no luck. I did, however, get a second Horus. Go for skill up or hold for an awaken skill?

I'd hold for awaken. Getting a skillup for horus doesn't really help you too much. Without the skillup it'll still be ready for a max skill goemon and the skill doesn't help you much on a regular horus team.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Well fuck, Looks like I'm not getting a highlander or zerker.. the vampire floor would literally take me hundreds of moves to clear and if I get caught with a bad run of orbs before 2 of them attack I die. I wasted 2 stones before realizing it wasn't going to happen.

ZeroAKA

I'm tempted to pull for a Bastet during the next Godfest now. Does anyone think Horus and Lucifer will ever get ultimate forms?

Hold for awaken skill, because they will still go for skill up when they get rolled out as well.

HERA-UR TOMORROW!

Ok so last time my 0-stone team was
Leader: dark war dirty Minerva lvl 50 ish
D/D hades lvl 50
RK,
Drawn Joker (not busty) lvl 50
Awoken Hera-IS lvl 50
Friend leader : max Luci (decent + eggs)

My "How to" steps:
Ogres are easy (does only the reg/green one drop, 3/3 on that one today)
Lolcannon fortune (instant kill 600,000 makes a very frustrating fight easy)
Ifrit (match dark every turn, adding in R/B/L for dual monsters) easy fight only locks Hera-Is
Dark war diety Minerva ( 1 gravity, wait for it to recharge, using quick bomb and three blue orb matches to help bring her to 50%, then use another gravity and lolcannon. Anything left over you should be able to quickbomb). The goal is to go into Hera-ur with 1 gravity and charging the other one and Luci.
Hera-ur, gravity and charge all three burst damages on the red portion. Attack her down to 50% pop the two gravities and then Luci cannon. Dead Hera-ur.
Takes forever but it's safe

Now with my own Luci, I think I might ditch the Drawn Joker and switch in the Luci. I never really used his skill (it's not skilled up either). However you have to heal up really quickly when you have those 1 hp turns. Drawn joker could add heal orbs, but the extra Luci cannon would considerably speed up the run.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm tempted to pull for a Bastet during the next Godfest now. Does anyone think Horus and Lucifer will ever get ultimate forms?

Lucifer? I'd bet money that he won't. He's already (arguably) the best monster in the game.

Horus? The only thing they'd do is give him a sub-element (which I would guess to be red). But even then, Horus is up there as one of the best monsters in the game and doesn't need one.

As much as GungHo trolls us and creates these super monsters, I do think that part of their agenda includes creating more options for players. The Awakening system can already been seen to bring less than stellar monsters out into the playing field (with skill reductions, +orbs, etc). Bastet is a great example of a monster that REALLY needed some help...The change to her active has made her go from "I will never use her" to "I need to +297 super max her!".

I also thing GungHo realizes the game is TOO focused on Luci, Horus, Ra, and Kirin. That's like, 4 of 600+ monsters? While they aren't aiming to make EVERY monster viable leads and subs, I think they're trying to allow more people to build teams capable of harder content. The introduction of Knight busty evos is another great example of this.

ccbfan

Including the japanese 2.0 Gods (the blue one that has Kirin's skill, and the green one that goes from 1.5 with a 3 combo to x10 with a 20 combo), I'd say the top tier list will become this:

Lucifer = Kirin >= Blue Japanese 2.0 God >= Horus = Ookuninushi > Bastet > Green Japanese 2.0 God* (Savant Tier Candidate)

Really depends on if you're talking starter vs end game.

Starter, nothing beats Lucifer. Its literally Lucifer>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything else.

End game though I would put Lucifer at the end of the top tier list. If I had to choose one God to have from that list, Lucifer would be the one I would want least(Well except Bastet). Lucifer makes 95 percent of the game easy. The problem is that I already can beat 94% of that.

Also those swordsman and to dragon buffs are insane, especially Farlio. Its is now a must have character in Healer team.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Is there going to be a God fest this weekend? Looks like they just implemented a new event the floral carnival.

Jagernaut

I feel like maxing my Echidna may be a waste...I want to, but...Her stat growth. :(

I get a lot of use out of my almost max skilled level 66 Echidna but her stat growth is terrible. I would need about 1.5 million more xp to max her and would only gain 204 hp, 124 atk, and 61 rcv. I would rather use the xp on something else.

Wanchan

I feel like maxing my Echidna may be a waste...I want to, but...Her stat growth. :(

Hera Ur, Red Giant Gigas, Fire Samurai Dragon, Goemon, all those are also good for a Kirin team seeing their stats growth but personally most of the time, i'm using red as a sub color on Sieg... I basically go with Valk/Sieg so i have all 4 colors in 2 subs, and randomly pick the 2 last subs depending on needs (echidna/viper if delay, strong elements vs a boss, gravities, etc...).

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I get a lot of use out of my almost max skilled level 66 Echidna but her stat growth is terrible. I would need about 1.5 million more xp to max her and would only gain 204 hp, 124 atk, and 61 rcv. I would rather use the xp on something else.

Yeah, mine is 74 with like, 50 +eggs. She's fantastic for what she is, but that extra XP isn't worth it.

Hera Ur, Red Giant Gigas, Fire Samurai Dragon, Goemon, all those are also good for a Kirin team seeing their stats growth but personally most of the time, i'm using red as a sub color on Sieg... I basically go with Valk/Sieg so i have all 4 colors in 2 subs, and randomly pick the 2 last subs depending on needs (echidna/viper if delay, strong elements vs a boss, gravities, etc...).

I don't have the masks to evo Hera-Ur yet. I ended up pumping my Kirin to 50 or so. I figured that's a start.

Kreed

Lucifer? I'd bet money that he won't. He's already (arguably) the best monster in the game.

Horus? The only thing they'd do is give him a sub-element (which I would guess to be red). But even then, Horus is up there as one of the best monsters in the game and doesn't need one.

As much as GungHo trolls us and creates these super monsters, I do think that part of their agenda includes creating more options for players. The Awakening system can already been seen to bring less than stellar monsters out into the playing field (with skill reductions, +orbs, etc). Bastet is a great example of a monster that REALLY needed some help...The change to her active has made her go from "I will never use her" to "I need to +297 super max her!".

I also thing GungHo realizes the game is TOO focused on Luci, Horus, Ra, and Kirin. That's like, 4 of 600+ monsters? While they aren't aiming to make EVERY monster viable leads and subs, I think they're trying to allow more people to build teams capable of harder content. The introduction of Knight busty evos is another great example of this.

I could see Lucifer and Horus getting sub monster typing (Lucifer God/Devil, Horus God/Balanced) or something along those lines. I doubt Lucifer is getting any stat boosts or abilities though. Like you said, his move is already strong.

As for Gungho's balancing act, I think they've done a good job making more monsters useful with the Ultimate forms. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with the Healer girls next. The monsters that need the most help though are the non starter/gift dragons. Overall they either need stronger mass attacks to be worth the long cool downs or faster cool downs.

Not sure how I feel about Bastet's upgrade. On the one hand her skill is possible on almost any board, certainly more than Horus, and there's the option to use lower multipliers. On the other hand Horus's skill is much easier to activate 4x with. I can just image needing as much damage as possible and "only" pulling off a 6 combo. A part of me wants to get and try her out, but I wouldn't even think about feeding her my +297 Horus.

OMG, so cuteee!
Time to use those stones that I've been saving up

872.png

877.png

881.png

Is that a Monster Hunter collab? Those look like the cats, haha.

Yeah it's a collab with Airu Bazaar, the other half of the Capcpom collab along with Dragon's Dogma Quest.

Their leaderskills are mostly 50%/55% damage reducers, but have some interesting actives:
2x attacker type atk for 1 turn
1.2x balanced type atk for 5 turns
25% damage reduction for 6 turns
2x healer type atk for 1 turn
2x balanced type atk for 1 turn
2x physical type atk for 1 turn
1.5x fire and dark atk for 1 turn
1.5x wood and light atk for 1 turn
1.2x dragon type atk for 5 turns
1.2x rcv for 6 turns

J0dy77

What's the typical Kirin team? I've got a pile of Super King Rubies that need feeding.

Kirin/Valk/Verche/Echidna/Sieg is the prototypical one.

Or if you're running descended. Hera-Is, Echidna, Valk, Verche.

Going from 74 to 99 is not that difficult and is nowhere near the 5mil god curve. You gain almost 100 atk. Compounded by 25x bonus of Kirin after 8 match combo... that's a lot of damage you're leaving off the table. Every stat counts.

J0dy77

Yeah it's a collab with Airu Bazaar, the other half of the Capcpom collab along with Dragon's Dogma Quest.

Their leaderskills are mostly 50%/55% damage reducers, but have some interesting actives:
2x attacker type atk for 1 turn
1.2x balanced type atk for 5 turns
25% damage reduction for 6 turns
2x healer type atk for 1 turn
2x balanced type atk for 1 turn
2x physical type atk for 1 turn
1.5x fire and dark atk for 1 turn
1.5x wood and light atk for 1 turn
1.2x dragon type atk for 5 turns
1.2x rcv for 6 turns

Can you have the Japanese version of PAD running side by side with the English version? I'm sick of waiting for content and double the iphone fun would be nice.

Can you have the Japanese version of PAD running side by side with the English version? I'm sick of waiting for content and double the iphone fun would be nice.

Yes it is what I do in fact. It also helpfully has a different name (PAD vs P&D) so you know which is which.

If you are on Android and are rooted you need to disable root, and maybe set your time zone to Japan time before booting JP PAD. You can set up a script to do that.

J0dy77

6x Lucifer = 82k HP with 20k heal. Hahaha

I'm interested to see what stacking 4 Satan a vamp and cdk could do with full awoken skills. Satan when fully awoken gets 30% damage boost to dark when clearing a full row. What happens if you have 4 on your team and do it 10 times? Even if it caps at 30% for each Satan that would be 120% damage boost.

does anyone have an Isis I can use for some weekend dungeon farming

ID is 351,461,270

usually have Voice of God Metatron, Isis, and Persephone up and im pretty active if anyone needs those also

razterik

Yeah, it should be alright for you, with either dark or red. Watch out for floors with 3 demons, they hit hard and have high defense. The porings are mostly weak, but manage your HP, especially around the green one who takes several turns to peck away at. If you aren't confident you can heal 12k every 3 turns, you might struggle on Mastering, but well-timed Echidna or Rainbow Keepers will help there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom