• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Uff i'd like to pull (have 105 egg), but..
Have
Ltron
Bodin
Godin
Orochi
Susanoo
Amaterasu
Shiva
Lakshimi
Indra
Vritra

Indian gods doesn't interest me particularly..
I'd appreciate only a second shiva and a yomi, but apart from those i' only interested in cyclical monsters like sonias and red odin...
Forest gala mosters are useless as i have bastet, genbu, kushinada, astaroth and Micheal already..
I'll skip this One , sigh

colinp

Banned
Is there anyone in the Shinra Basho collab I should get and hold on to? Seems like some good low cost characters. Masterion could be a Ronia replacement, no? Since the REM hasn't blessed me with one yet.

Ducarmel

Masterion seem like he would work better pairing with Lu Bu , DD / DB Batman or similar dark heavy team leader.

Wall of shame as requested top 20 feel free to put it in the OP Cosmo.
KckcSMV.png

Boooooo Legendary difficulty of Insect Dragon no longer has guaranteed boss drop; guess they moved that to Mythical difficulty. Trying to make Indian skillups as painful as possible I guess.

Edit: wow I have a lot of posts

colinp

Banned
Boooooo Legendary difficulty of Insect Dragon no longer has guaranteed boss drop; guess they moved that to Mythical difficulty. Trying to make Indian skillups as painful as possible I guess.

Hahaha, and I managed to squeeze in at the bottom!

Nice.

Thanks Ducarmel, that makes sense.

razterik

That's disappointing, but I might be okay with it if all future dragon bosses are useful skill ups like the Insects instead of random junk.

And hey, I didn't even break top five. Yay.

Hige

Yeah I made the same mistake reading the row enhance text when it first came out. It has to be 4 and only 4. Mind blown with all of the possibilities for this team now.

Here's what I'm leaning towards for a first team:

cQlHXhjl.jpg
That's a really solid team. Mine is usually Sasuke/Gronia/Kushi/Cu Chu and I sometimes throw Dino Rider or Genbu in there. I don't have Susano, but I like Kushi because her skill is available sooner and you can take a bigger hit. It's a nice panic button. I'd probably sub out Athena for Genbu, though, especially since it's not the ultimate version with a second Two-Pronged Attack. Genbu or Gronia are for that last boss burst. You want to aim for as many green 4-orb matches as you can. You can fit in 4 4-orb matches on the board if you have at least 16 green orbs and no more than 18.

My priority for what I look for in ZGL subs is something like Wood element>Orb/Board changer>Defense>TPA>Attacker. You want to be able to manage your orbs and HP first and foremost. ZGL does most of the damage since he has really high ATK, so having subs with TPA and Attacker type is icing on the cake, but not necessary.

Re: row enhance, Griffin, TPA etc. I don't think orb enhance adds a lot to ZGL since he doesn't use as many orbs as someone like Sonia where you're launching entire rows at the boss. However, Athena strikes a nice balance as an orb enhancer (especially a Genbu board) while still providing utility to the team because she has high ATK, 2x TPA, off-color sniping, and attacker subtype. Apparently it's possible to run a hybrid TPA/row enhance team if you use stuff like Freyja or Parvati, but I don't really see the point. >_>

All of this flies out the window if you're farming KotG and using Zeus-Dios or Hera-Beorc to turn the whole board green to OHKO Zeus. You wouldn't get the benefit of TPA since TPA has to be 4 orbs exactly and you'd benefit from orb enhance AND row enhance in this instance since you're launching an entire board at Zeus. I haven't actually tried KotG with him yet since I haven't ult evolved Athena (for easy Tiamat/CDD kills) and it seems like a pain to stall for Hera or Zeus's active. I want to try an Athena/Genbu/AA Michael/Artemis team instead once I get everything evolved/leveled up.

SaintR

Also I want to thank all you new Zhuge Liang owners. Now that I have Ult Thor, my Ult Athena team has a lot of versatility.

Lol, did two more rolls. Got an ice golem, but then a Zhuge!!!! Except it is the light Zhuge. Is he any good? At all?

I am thinking for now: Zhuge, DQ, Shynee, Valk, Echidna.?

I thought for sure I would have fallen out of the top 20 but it looks like I just squeezed in.

Masterion looks pretty cool. I may have to pick him up.

Hige

Lol, did two more rolls. Got an ice golem, but then a Zhuge!!!! Except it is the light Zhuge. Is he any good? At all?
Well, there's this.

I think people mostly use him as a luxury sub for like blue or light healer teams. He should be really easy to farm with, at least. The problem he has as a leader is maintaining full HP in the face of preemptives and mobs that attack every turn. I imagine you'd need auto-healers, delays, or active skill heals (LMeta, Isis etc.) to keep up with that. There might be some hope coming his way with the new magicians, maybe? Rei Sirius in particular. Other than that, I think people usually use him as a sub for LMeta. That team could use Raphael>Valk>Zhuge for a fully enhanced light board. I don't have light Zhuge or run healer teams so that's all I've got.

Well, there's this.

I think people mostly use him as a luxury sub for like blue or light healer teams. He should be really easy to farm with, at least. The problem he has as a leader is maintaining full HP in the face of preemptives and mobs that attack every turn. I imagine you'd need auto-healers, delays, or active skill heals (LMeta, Isis etc.) to keep up with that. There might be some hope coming his way with the new magicians, maybe? Rei Sirius in particular. Other than that, I think people usually use him as a sub for LMeta. That team could use Raphael>Valk>Zhuge for a fully enhanced light board. I don't have light Zhuge or run healer teams so that's all I've got.

Yeah a shame he probably won't be able to handle preemptives. I can use him as a sub on a DQ team maybe?

Tobe

finally gonna skill dragon rider. :) :) still need the other riders skill up. i have everyone except marine rider.

Limit

Am I high or was there a gold egg exclusive dragon that was revealed recently? I think it's skill was 4x for dragon types or something; maybe.

And farming for spirit jewels is such a pain. I have been trying to gather materials for fagan's ultimate evo but so far have only been successful in getting 2 jewels. Were I to stone, the process would be faster. But eh. My Zaerog dragon team is good enough in the meantime. Fagan can wait.

Quantum

Okay, reading everyone's good luck and in celebration of OT3(not really, but it's another excuse) I YOLO'd!

Pierdrawn

ivemadeahugemistake.gif

I almost bought stones because of ot3 too lol.

I have an insane belief that I can roll a Ronia or a second Blodin - I think its that I've been studying too much material and keep going to PAD for quick breaks.

too much PAD.

hermit7

Welp will try to skill up shiva and Astaroth at least. Probably will skill Arthur as well.

Anyone have an idea at the rate of appearance for shiva skill up?

Used my last few chasers and got a big 0/5 on Byakko. Guess I'll have to go hard on Watery Temptress this weekend.

Skillups hate me. 3/29 on Byakko, 1/17 on Pandora. :'(

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Rockin. Gonna work towards leveling one of the many gods I've gotten lately. Maybe idunn

yami4ct

Was out of the PAD news circle for a while. So still no word on PAD W for the US, huh? Still really looking forward to that. Want the coin store and 2x stamina charge more, but definitely want W.

colinp

Banned
So there is some kind of exploit where you can turn off your phone (I have a 5S) before an enemy attack finishes and when you get back into PAD you are back at your move, before the attack.

I saw my JHS students do it yesterday, but I don't really understand it 100%. Anyone else familiar with this? Was amusing to watch. You need to hold down the power button for a few seconds, right? So he was trying to anticipate the amount of damage. I might be getting some of the finer details wrong- I don't think I'd be able to replicate it!

linsivvi

So there is some kind of exploit where you can turn off your phone (I have a 5S) before an enemy attack finishes and when you get back into PAD you are back at your move, before the attack.

I saw my JHS students do it yesterday, but I don't really understand it 100%. Anyone else familiar with this? Was amusing to watch. You need to hold down the power button for a few seconds, right? So he was trying to anticipate the amount of damage. I might be getting some of the finer details wrong- I don't think I'd be able to replicate it!

The game doesn't update its state constantly. So if you quit the game before the attack is finished and kill the app, it will simply restore to its last saved state, which is right before the attack.

I wouldn't consider this an exploit as you can do that with most games that's not always-on. It'd be like rebooting your console right before your character dies and reload a saved game. It's just extremely hard to have the game save every single interaction constantly.

I did that with Demon's Souls which saved me a lot of grief.

Taz

Three US pulls looking for Red Sonia have all the subs ready,

Red Odin ( 1st God fest God ) !!!
Dark Dragon Knight
Shiva !!!

New JP Account, 1 Yolo pull on God fest and 2 pulls on DBZ,

Durga !!

DBZ,

Yamcha
Cell !!!!!

Brb buying lotto ticket.

Time to start playing my JP Account full time I guess .

raiot

What a shitty day with Hera-Ur...
Slugged through the Mythical Dungeon 10 times with Grodin/Ama and got 0 invades :(

Masterion seem like he would work better pairing with Lu Bu , DD / DB Batman or similar dark heavy team leader.

Wall of shame as requested top 20 feel free to put it in the OP Cosmo.
KckcSMV.png

yay! i'm in!
but i'm ashamed, i was in the top 3 (either second or first)... 4-5 months without playing and posting and i've fallen sooo much :X
anyyyyway today hera beorc and taiko warrior for me!
tomorrow... i might get another zeus (have already 3 but w/e) and farming watery temptress!
i'm coming back!

saichi

Still don't have Hera-Ur but got Hera-Beroc today (3 stones)... I don't know what would be my use for her though :(

three runs of Hera-Ur yesterday, got 1 invade. That is two down 1 to go for Dancing queen Hera-ur (and I have to awaken one of my Bonus Hera-Urs for that awoken Minerva ultimate)

Seriously, I hate these stones. at least I have a good shot at getting a light one this weekend. Dark one will probably still evade me...

smbu2000

Oh, new thread!

Let me see:
Main account: a lot of garbage and Kagutsuchi
Secondary: 2 silver eggs, light dragon knight, Amaterasu, and another Wood Zhuge Liang (2nd one)
Newest: light witch, water witch, Durga, Dragon Rider, and wood Guan Yu (5 tries and 5 gold, wow!)

Overall not bad, but seriously disappointed with my main one. Normal, silver, normal, etc...Last GF I got U&Y, so I guess things have to even out...

Finally, evolved and used some of my monsters from the last EVA collab. Got my newest Grodin up to level 5 on like 10 of them. Very lucky. Too bad I don't have any more to get that last level for max.

smbu2000

Yes, just cleared Athena for the first time! (no continues used)

With my LHorus party. Friend was a RHorus as nobody else had out LHorus at the time. Got Athena down to about 40% HP. Could only make 16x as I was missing a color, but I had to go as I couldn't take another hit. Luckily there were 9 fire orbs on the board. Used the fire orb enhance, then Izanagi's 2x attack skill and finally Yomi's CTW for maximum combo.

Very happy about finally clearing it as last time the Athena came around I died just before the final attack. (My Izanagi wasn't evolved then so I couldn't have a big final attack.)

SaintR

three runs of Hera-Ur yesterday, got 1 invade. That is two down 1 to go for Dancing queen Hera-ur (and I have to awaken one of my Bonus Hera-Urs for that awoken Minerva ultimate)

Seriously, I hate these stones. at least I have a good shot at getting a light one this weekend. Dark one will probably still evade me...
I really had a terrible time farming the stones for hera-urs ultimate..I posted yesterday that I luckily got one in the PAL machine but I spent way too many stones in retrospect. I won't be powering thru anymore ultimates again though.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Surprised I was still in the wall of shame despite having quit some time ago!

Congrats to everyone who has come so far over the past few months!

Tobe

red attacker team is way too much of a luxury team dammit. i need to find a use for my max skilled cao cao.

Narras

Anybody just get a message that "A new day has begun"? I was just looking at my box and then this message popped up with my stamina dropping to zero and then back to normal. Doesn't seem like anything was wrong, but that was weird.

Althane

Does Row Enhancement work on a per combo-tick basis, or on a "Check how many orbs" basis?

i.e.

I have 12 orbs, 2 rows of 6 orbs each. Since they're touching, it only puts +1 towards the combo count. But do I get two activations of Row Enhance out of it?

Just curious now that I'm rolling with 5 row enhance awakenings, figure I should know how to make the best of it.

Anybody just get a message that "A new day has begun"? I was just looking at my box and then this message popped up with my stamina dropping to zero and then back to normal. Doesn't seem like anything was wrong, but that was weird.
Had that happen to me yesterday in the middle of the day. It freaked me out but I'm not noticing any problems since then...

Does Row Enhancement work on a per combo-tick basis, or on a "Check how many orbs" basis?

i.e.

I have 12 orbs, 2 rows of 6 orbs each. Since they're touching, it only puts +1 towards the combo count. But do I get two activations of Row Enhance out of it?

Just curious now that I'm rolling with 5 row enhance awakenings, figure I should know how to make the best of it.
If the rows are touching, it counts as 1 row for row enhance.

quin

30 Gods in the upcoming Japan Godfest. that's a lot.

There is a new limited time challenge dungeon as well. It's 10 floors and passing each floor gives a prize.

1st 500000 coins
2nd King Metal Dragon
3rd King Gold Dragon
4th Tamadora (all stats +3)
5th Light Noel Dragon max leveled
6−10 100% skill-up monsters

Gungho will send them out through the mail.

Hopefully 5 easy skill-ups

J0dy77

Surprised I was still in the wall of shame despite having quit some time ago!

Congrats to everyone who has come so far over the past few months!

You need to come back and take your rightful place in the top 3 (no one overtaking Kosmo lol). Did you ever get your account back?

Play casual, George seems to be doing well with that approach.

Top Bottom