• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

These days I feel like i hardly get any PAL points. I guess Kirin isn't so popular anymore...? I have no idea who to put up as my second as well. Who do people want?? Man, bums me out. I think I was doing better when you could only put up one for your friends.
Like Ducarmel said, she's not a general farm lead. Too time intensive for easy dungeons. My friend list is still heavily populated with her but I suspect that, like me, she's just put in the primary slot as a permanent helper and to look more enticing to potential friend additions. My regular farm leads are Ronia and Metatron (basically the new Valk team with Valk moved to sub). But even then, pal points don't really accumulate that quickly unless your speed farming yourself.

I think with many players having large friends lists nowadays, It's much rarer to need to reuse a friend. I always try to use unused helpers for the 10 pal points and will only reuse a helper if I exhaust the unused ones.

Another strategy is to put up dungeon specific monsters that are likely to get heavy use. Like I only had 5 Ganeshas on my friend list while farming Super golds so I kept refreshing and was able to use them 3 times each. I'm sure I'm not the only one scrounging for Ganesha/Catwoman helpers during that dungeon.

Edit: I really want my own Ganesha.

eRz79N0.jpg

It's great that we'll soon be able to farm gravity skillups whenever we want. But I don't think that makes it significantly easier. 15 levels to max skill so if we consider "average rates" during 2x skillup, you need 75 Heras. At 40 stamina a pop, that's 3000 stamina. That's 60 runs of supers. And if you get terrible skillup rates...lol.

Furthermore, 15 turns at max skill is still a very long cooldown. Most descends are less than 10 floors and the harder ones hit very hard or have super annoying skills to mess with you when you try stalling. You can throw a whole bunch of skill boosts at the problem but you still have to consider the opportunity cost of using gravity such as the better awakenings that an alternative sub would bring (like the 2prongs on your Zhuge).

Hmm good point. Would love to see some math to see how much I lose or gain by using Zhuge. But I imagine his attack makes up for the gravity. And I can use him to easily farm normals and KoG. Now the problem is finding light Zhuge friends.

The monster pool is so diverse now, that Gravity is no longer an essential skill to have. In the early days, there were only so many viable teams to tackle certain dungeons.

That said, a skilled-up Gravity monster still has its uses. It's the most damaging skill on a defensive team that lacks ATK multipliers. It can be useful against high defense/low HP monsters that you need to plink to death. It can be useful for getting monsters into kill range or out of specific special attack range. Eg., a couple of Gravities may put a dual element boss into its second element, which may be weak to your team's attacks. Or a boss may only use a certain attack while above 70% HP, so a Gravity instantly puts it below that. And it even still has uses on high multiplier teams. Even a 25x ATK team with a 3x ATK active skill can fail to OHKO an enemy. If you can't stack anymore multipliers you can still use a Gravity to add to the attack. And it's more useful the more HP an enemy has. On a 7mil HP boss, a Gravity is worth over 2mil damage.

Why is Haku so high? I have two of her.
Because she's a borderline top tier leader with the right subs. All the 3.5x Chinese girls are very good with the right subs but unresisted primary element + 2 dark rows + easier to skill up pushes her into the upper echelon of leads.

The monster pool is so diverse now, that Gravity is no longer an essential skill to have. In the early days, there were only so many viable teams to tackle certain dungeons.

That said, a skilled-up Gravity monster still has its uses. It's the most damaging skill on a defensive team that lacks ATK multipliers. It can be useful against high defense/low HP monsters that you need to plink to death. It can be useful for getting monsters into kill range or out of specific special attack range. Eg., a couple of Gravities may put a dual element boss into its second element, which may be weak to your team's attacks. Or a boss may only use a certain attack while above 70% HP, so a Gravity instantly puts it below that. And it even still has uses on high multiplier teams. Even a 25x ATK team with a 3x ATK active skill can fail to OHKO an enemy. If you can't stack anymore multipliers you can still use a Gravity to add to the attack. And it's more useful the more HP an enemy has. On a 7mil HP boss, a Gravity is worth over 2mil damage.
Defensive teams still need them, sure. I forgot about the massive HP bosses where gravity is very helpful but good spike teams can usually burst hard enough for those bosses. In place of gravity, delay almost always does the job better (only exception being enemies with preemptive status shields).

Because she's a borderline top tier leader with the right subs. All the 3.5x Chinese girls are very good with the right subs but unresisted primary element + 2 dark rows + easier to skill up pushes her into the upper echelon of leads.

I have one Evolved to D/D and use her as a sub for my Ronia team. Which makes a better leader DD of DF? Thinking a devil byakko team would do some damage with baddie.

Heh, just looked up the descend bosses with the preemptive shields. For newer descends, Thoth, Zeus Mercury, and Mephisto all have it. Hera-Ur is the only "old" descend boss with it so yeah, it's getting more popular.

But would non-defensive teams looking to tackle those descends bother with gravity? And is it worth skilling up the gravity for a subset of dungeons where delay can't be used on the boss?

zeus vulcan get..
that being said, i'm ashamed of how low asta has fallen (no devil tank team player anymore i guess)..
I'm waiting for a ronia, but none ever drops..
:/

colinp

Banned
Thanks for the PAL advice!

Funny how I used to farm solely with Kirin for the first who knows how long. Certainly improved my matching skills at least.

Hit 250 days today. Woo woo!

am_dragon

I enjoy using Kirin, I had been avoiding descended dungeons until pulled her. I didn't have anything with enough punch to take out most dungeons. The problem is orb troll. Now I have a Pandora team that is leveled and skill maxed. I start with 2 orb changers up on turn 1.

Heh, just looked up the descend bosses with the preemptive shields. For newer descends, Thoth, Zeus Mercury, and Mephisto all have it. Hera-Ur is the only "old" descend boss with it so yeah, it's getting more popular.

But would non-defensive teams looking to tackle those descends bother with gravity? And is it worth skilling up the gravity for a subset of dungeons where delay can't be used on the boss?

Hmm, without the ability to delay what do people use as their Fire sub on Kirin?

Hmm, without the ability to delay what do people use as their Fire sub on Kirin?

Apollo UVO is the number one rem sub for fire, followed by Raphael. Other than that you can use things like gigas the great (for non-rem sub) but he is not optimal.

I use Ronia sometimes, mainly for the skill cooldowns.

Apollo UVO is the number one rem sub for fire, followed by Raphael. Other than that you can use things like gigas the great (for non-rem sub) but he is not optimal.

I use Ronia sometimes, mainly for the skill cooldowns.

Heh I tried getting an Apollo back when it was his pantheon's godfest. 7 rolls and nothing. I'll certainly hope I roll him but my chances are low. I'll probably end up using Gigas I guess.

ZeroAKA

I still remember how disappointed I was when I rolled a FA Luci instead of an AA Luci during one of those random Godfests a year ago. It's crazy how those two completely switched places.

If I don't have Ronia, should I go for the D/D Luci busty?

Ducarmel

DD seems favorable especially if you Hanzo, Attacker Lilith, Victor Finn, and an orb converter that has good synergy.

You have yourself a decent team that can farm KOG, Fagan, Seaway, and Mountain Path, With an all 297+ egg team you also may have yourself a fast Legendary Earth farm team too.

Althane

I wish there was a way to mass evolve things. I hate going through each of my pengdras and having to evolve them one by one...

Or maybe I'm just too lazy. Meh.

So, 33+35+50+50+13 = 181 team cost

That's 2 Ronia, Shiva, Ifrit and Echidna. Right now I have 164 cost available. That means having 2 Ronia on the team is 18 ranks away. T_T

That's a lot of Hyperion Lava Tubes. (I'm rank 149, btw)

DD seems favorable especially if you Hanzo, Attacker Lilith, Victor Finn, and an orb converter that has good synergy.

You have yourself a decent team that can farm KOG, Fagan, Seaway, and Mountain Path, With an all 297+ egg team you also may have yourself a fast Legendary Earth farm team too.

All +297 egg team for just farming? Man I'm at day 120 or so and I only have ~200 plus eggs total to my name. Granted I've been unable to do Starry Lane Road and I don't spend stones on Ocean of Heaven. But I can't even imagine how long it takes to get a full team of +297.

Ducarmel

That's a lot of Hyperion Lava Tubes. (I'm rank 149, btw)

have you tried kog farming?

Ronia, Hera Ur, Hera, Baddie, Baddie, Ronia Friend 154 team cost

Not 100% safe, and need to make sure you have enough hp to tank Taimat and heal back up in 2 turns. As long as you have hearts it should be easy enough to stall for gravity on floor 1-7.

If not Godest of harvest and Queen of the Gods also give good exp and you can use a safer team and bring Echidna and Shiva.

All +297 egg team for just farming? Man I'm at day 120 or so and I only have ~200 plus eggs total to my name. Granted I've been unable to do Starry Lane Road and I don't spend stones on Ocean of Heaven. But I can't even imagine how long it takes to get a full team of +297.

Those guys who can get 297 quickly, spend stones speed farming on the tech 5x +egg bonus on monday's. You need to be at least 200-300+ stamina though and willing to spend 10-15 stones and have a speed farm team.

They literally do it all day and can get enough +eggs to 297 one card.

Those guys who can get 297 quickly, spend stones speed farming on the tech 5x +egg bonus on monday's. You need to be at least 200-300+ stamina though and willing to spend 10-15 stones and have a speed farm team.

They literally do it all day and can get enough +eggs to 297 one card.

0_0

What teams do they use to speed farm that last set of technicals where Leader Skills dont activate?

Ducarmel

0_0

What teams do they use to speed farm that last set of technicals where Leader Skills dont activate?

They use team challenge mode and just stack there team with Rodins and or Ronias friends. I guess I shouldn't have said speed farm team more like they exploit a game mechanic and use there friends special gods to beat a dungeon in less then a minute.

an example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YWaCuk2FGI

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query="陰陽の扉"

J0dy77

They use team challenge mode and just stack there team with Rodins and or Ronias friends. I guess I shouldn't have said speed farm team more like they exploit a game mechanic and use there friends special gods to beat a dungeon in less then a minute.

an example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YWaCuk2FGI

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query="陰陽の扉"

How it's it that every video I see still has the in game music going? I've had it turned off since the first month I started playing. I couldn't imagine hearing it for 650 days in a row. I'd go insane.

colinp

Banned
How it's it that every video I see still has the in game music going? I've had it turned off since the first month I started playing. I couldn't imagine hearing it for 650 days in a row. I'd go insane.

Ahahaha, yeah I play with my phone on mute. Every once in awhile I'll listen again for oh five or ten seconds before muting again.

I still remember how disappointed I was when I rolled a FA Luci instead of an AA Luci during one of those random Godfests a year ago. It's crazy how those two completely switched places.

If I don't have Ronia, should I go for the D/D Luci busty?
I wouldn't say completely switched places. Whereas SD Luci was Arnold Schwarzenegger and FA Luci was Danny DeVito, they're now identical twins with different styles that appeal to different tastes and serve different purposes. =P

As for uvo direction, do you have a Lu Bu? If so, I'd go D/D. Lu Bu can still team with a friend Ronia. If you don't have Lu Bu either then it comes down to which leader skill you prefer. D/D leads an attacker team, but D/F can pair with a Ronia or Lu Bu friend. You just have a little less RCV multiplier. Actually, I've seen people thinking D/F matches better with Ronia, but I actually prefer D/D if you already have a Ronia, which is what I did with mine. And if I didn't have a Ronia or Lu Bu I'd personally opt for D/F since there are a ton of Ronias and Lu Bus on my friends list. And he even works with D/W Batman.

Althane

have you tried kog farming?

Ronia, Hera Ur, Hera, Baddie, Baddie, Ronia Friend 154 team cost

Not 100% safe, and need to make sure you have enough hp to tank Taimat and heal back up in 2 turns. As long as you have hearts it should be easy enough to stall for gravity on floor 1-7.

If not Godest of harvest and Queen of the Gods also give good exp and you can use a safer team and bring Echidna and Shiva.

Not good enough to farm KoG. Goddess of Harvest, though... yeah. I can do that.

NineH

I ran the light samurai dragon dungeon all week and managed to get 6 light chasers. RNG gods, I only ask for one skill up for my LMeta since it is such a pain to raise her skill. I have to wait until friday to get her evo mats and then I have to wait for a 2x skill up event. I can't wait for the inevitable disappointment though.

smbu2000

Oh, some new skill power ups.

LMetatron's Lskill will be getting a small HP boost(1.25x) for healing type members in addition to the over 50% 3.5x attack for healing types.
Wow, very nice! I already use my LMeta team a lot, but this makes her more like Izu Izu water party. Looking forward to this.

Lakushumi: 1 enemy 20x damage, 50% of that damage will heal you. Water drops will also be enhanced.

King Flamie : will also have 1 enemy 10x damage, in addition to the attack party 3x damage.

Wood Guan Yu: HP over 50% Physical and Dragon type members, attack 3.5x and healing 1.5x

Dark Fagan: 3 more awakenings added, reduce fire, water, wood damage, skill boost, 2 way, (newly added) bind resist x2 and 2 way
Indra: first two awakenings changed: will be extend time, skill bind resist, skill boost, skill bind resist

Pictures of the slides (Japanese)
http://h-pon.doorblog.jp/archives/40591905.html

0-stoned Zeus Vulcan with U&Y / Blue Odin / I&I (healer) / Sun Quan / D/L Yomi. It's a tough dungeon even with a blue heavy team. Got a Haku invade on Floor 1.

MKRphNa.png

That board + CTW was enough to 1 shot Vulcan.

Nice buff for LTron. Healers can definitely use the HP increase, and they already have high RCV to heal the extra health.

Looks like Indra may see some increased use with double skill-bind resist. Especially if you can skill it up.

Even before the buff, I liked Dark Fagan. With the buff, he's an absolute monster. The Dragon typing of his leader skill is his biggest weakness.

I continue to hate that GH made a leader skill with RCV multiplier that only triggers above 50% HP.

And on a separate note, I wish GH would update the awakenings for Zeus Olympios, Stratios, and DQ Hera. 8* gods deserve more/better awakenings.

And on a separate note, I wish GH would update the awakenings for Zeus Olympios, Stratios, and DQ Hera. 8* gods deserve more/better awakenings.

Seconded. I'd love to see some skill boosts, row enhances or TPA. Anything to make them more viable subs. And I feel like some autoheal would go well with Olympios' leader skill.

Quantum

Very excited about Ltron.

I use it as my everyday farming team, although never egg'd her - might have to re-think how I'm going to play depending on 1.25 versus 1.35 boost.

(with a 1.35 boost(2) and my modified healer team I think farming KOG might be fairly easy)

Just about finished with my Bonia team and Pandora teams although I still have to level the crap out of them.

Does anybody know how good the new permenant dragon dungeons are in terms of +eggs and boss drops? If Lilith drops are even semi-common I might try to finish skilling mine up.

What's a goo Ltron team for descends? I picked her up last time around. Is there anything she's better suited for than my ronia team?

So far I put

L Tron
Enchilada
Siren
Hatsume
King Shynee

Ducarmel

Does anybody know how good the new permenant dragon dungeons are in terms of +eggs and boss drops? If Lilith drops are even semi-common I might try to finish skilling mine up.

The drop rate seems to better then the other normal dungeans.

Good enough to get your first healer girl if you are still hunting for them, but not enough to justify stoning to max skill one imo.

As for plus eggs I am not sure how well it will be compared to OOH at 1.5 bonus, but I played all the stages to get the clear and I got 7+ eggs doing the dragon dungeons spending 300 stamina and this is outside bonus rates. That is 42 stamina per +egg, OOH should average 41 stamina per +egg on x1.5 bonus. I think I might have just been lucky I cant imagine it being this good normally and even better during the weekend bonus. edit: I did normal dungeon I did not do tech ones yet.

Forgot which dragon dungeons they came from but iirc I feel like I got most of them from Legendary dragon.

Quantum

What's a goo Ltron team for descends? I picked her up last time around. Is there anything she's better suited for than my ronia team?

So far I put

L Tron
Enchilada
Siren
Hatsume
King Shynee

I generally use Ltron/enc/SunQuan/DQXQ/Valk - although more for farming then decends.

interestingly I can get two spikes when paired with another valk and two separate delays with enc and sun quan.

I can modify the team as needed subbing in second valk, Blue valk, Siren, shynee, lilith and a few others depending on what I need or how many times I need to spike.

(siren->valk)
(Dqxq->valk->SunQuan)

not the most powerful spikes, but with multiple delays you can customise the team for most dungeons.

quin

In the Mechdragon dungeon on +egg x five days I've had up to five plus eggs drop a few times. I'd say my average is around two drops per run on these days. They seem really good for farming.

colinp

Banned
I'll be flying home for Christmas and given the nature of flying, airport wifi and reception I wonder whether I'll be able to log in during the long day of my flight. Maaaaaan, stupid international travel..

Quantum

I'll be flying home for Christmas and given the nature of flying, airport wifi and reception I wonder whether I'll be able to log in during the long day of my flight. Maaaaaan, stupid international travel..

you might get lucky. I'm sitting in a hotel room 2k miles from my home on vaca and got great wifi/internet - even on the plane o.0

Jonsoncao

Banned

The log in day count doesn't reset so don't worry.

ZeroAKA

It could be worse. P&D wouldn't connect for me at all when I was in China for some reason. :/

Top Bottom