• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quality LCD Monitors...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu

I'm thinking about investing in a 20" LCD monitor (currently own a 17") and I'm looking for the best ones on the market. I was looking at the dell Ultrasharp 2001FP 20.1 inch -- found here. Is that pricey in terms of flat panels at that size? Any better deals? Better monitors?

mashoutposse

Ante Up
That's a good one, but there have been build quality issues. Problems with uneven backlighting and dropped pixels. If you're lucky to get a good one, then that's the one to get. Especially if you can get into one of those stcakable coupon deals and land it for ~$700.

Also, if you're a gamer, you definitely want to pair it up with a top video card since the native resolution is high (1600x1200).

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.

The Apple 20" Cinema Display.
20" Viewable TFT active matrix LCD
1680x1050 optimal resolution (supports 1280x800 and 1024x640)
16.7 M colors
170 degree horizontal and vertical viewing angles
400:1 contrast ratio
16ms response time
0.258mm pixel pitch
One cable out the back splits to DVI, Firewire, USB 2.0 and power
2-port, self-powered USB 2.0 hub
2 Firewire 400 ports (6 pin)
$1299

If you can, wait about 4 months for refurbished units to start showing up. They're usually a couple hundred bucks cheaper.

Ryu

The cinema displays are nice indeed, but very pricey.

I went ahead and ordered the Dell. I have a line of credit with them so I figure it wouldn't be such a bad idea to make a few payments on it. Free 3-5 day shipping, just about 25% off, 20.1 inches with DVI (my current FP doesn't have DVI) -- I'm satisfied. I just hope it doesn't arrive defective or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom