• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quentin Tarantino reminded me of a classic NeoGAF gif

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I was watching Tarantino's list of top 20 movies from 1992 to 2009, when I noticed that he said The Matrix would have been number 2, but the sequels retroactively made the whole series shittier. (time 3:04)

This made me think of the Mama Robotnik Spiderman 3 gif, a classic of days past.

spiderman356k.gif

Any other movies that suck so bad they made their prequels worse?

bender

What time is it?
I actually agree with him about the sequels diminishing the original though they tried to warn us with Neo pulling a Superman out of a phonebooth at the end of the Matrix.

QT is a favorite of mine but I love these movies from his list: Battle Royale, Audition, The Blade, Days and Confused, The Host, JSA, Lost in Translation, Memories of Murder, Supercop . I probably appreciate him so much because he's so into martial arts flicks and Korean movies.

Last edited:

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Thats great and all. Just happy from ive seen from KRON was awesome. 🌟

🗻..

The Low Roar sets where awe some.

Fuck. I was confused with KEXP. Seattle.

Nvm

Last edited:

Power Pro

Disney Star Wars has pretty much done this with me on all Star Wars related stuff. I am tired of seeing the shit anywhere.

It's been so hard to not have this mentality with modern Star Trek stuff, but I try to remember that the people who made Star Trek would not be making the garbage that's been churned out by Paramount plus (with the exception of Picard S3, I still can't get over how good that turned out)

Trilobit

No Way Home

Spider-Man--No-Way-Home-Trailer-Turned-Into-Epic-Multiverse-Poster-Art.jpg

It did its best trying to shit on anything that came before it. It made the stellar villains of Raimi's movies into cardboard cutouts and Marvelized them into paper-thin jokes. That turd of a movie had no right to even touch on something so far above it's quality.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
First matrix was pretentious shit, second one kept it simpler which I preferred.

E-Cat

First matrix was pretentious shit, second one kept it simpler which I preferred.
You must be joking?! The college sophomore level dialogues about cause and effect, ”you have already made the choice, now you must understand it”, Architect techno-babble, Neo being the remainder of some math equation to balance out the Matrix…

ManaByte

Gold Member
He is right the Matrix 2 rave scene made me want the robots to win. If the people fighting for humanity want to hold a rave, Humanity should die.
You know that scene exists only to get an R rating? The MPAA rated The Matrix Reloaded PG-13, but the Wachowski's wanted the R rating "prestige" so they added the sex scene during the rave to get it to R.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
You know that scene exists only to get an R rating? The MPAA rated The Matrix Reloaded PG-13, but the Wachowski's wanted the R rating "prestige" so they added the sex scene during the rave to get it to R.
Ruined the movie too. It wasn't worth it.

Toots

Gold Member
For real ?
Such a childish behavior wanting to do adult things so everyone respects you as the adult your definitely are.

Top Bottom