• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Question about Players Choice and Greatest Hits discs

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Does anyone know if the Player's Choice discs look the same as the regular discs? I was thinking about replacing my copy of MP w/ the Players Choice version because it supposedly doesn't freeze on the elevator (is this true?). Plus I'm interested in seeing the extra cut scenes.

I was going to replace my PS2 copy of Crash Bandicoot 4 as well. I know those discs look different but supposedly the game loads a lot faster. Any truth to this? The seriously long loading times were the main reason I did not finish the game.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
MoxManiac said:
Extra cutscenes? Explain.

Nintendo added a few new cut scenes for the European and Japanese releases. These were re-inserted into the US PC version. Nothing huge. Just a little extra.

cvxfreak

PS2 GH discs I believe have a red bottom border instead of black like the normal releases. GC discs I'm not too sure.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Player's Choice/Greatest Hits games do not enhance gameplay. Unless said games are Silent Hill 2 or Twisted Metal Black (and maybe a couple others I'm forgetting)

First time I heard about the extra cutscenes for MP...

Agent X

JC10001 said:
I was going to replace my PS2 copy of Crash Bandicoot 4 as well. I know those discs look different but supposedly the game loads a lot faster. Any truth to this? The seriously long loading times were the main reason I did not finish the game.

I have read that the Greatest Hits version of this game has reduced loading times.

Top Bottom