• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quick Man's stage=impossible? (MMAC, obviously)

explodet

Ah, Quick Man's stage.
Diabolical the first time I tried it.

But it is possible to pass, even without the time stopper.
Just takes practice.

Do the first three or four beam rooms without the time stopper. Those are the 'easy' ones. THEN turn it on, and it should take you straight through the tough ones.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
it's entirely possible even without the time stopper. easiest way to do it is probably to get through the first section without stopping time, and only activating it in the second section if and when you're about to get hit by a beam. there are a couple weapon powerups in the second section that will help as well.

Ranger X

Just anticipate you next directions while falling and there's no problems. The beam won't hit you. (or my memory isn't on the right "man")

Back when I was 11 and masochistic, I would do Quick Man's stage first ... then on to Heat Man, with the disappearing blocks and no #2.

kiryogi

Banned
Well for some odd reason I forgot the order and went BubbleMan instead of Metal Man, which led me to Heat Man. Man did those blocks give me a kick in the oldschool gaming skills. I got'em down, but damn I wanted to ice Heat Man for making me doing that. Sadly, he owned me for awhile anyway. XD old school fun!

belgurdo

Banned
BigJonsson said:
Ouch, if you still can't finish Mega Man 2 then you are hopeless

Eat me; this is the only part of the game I have problems with because I don't map it out in my mind

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
When I was a kid, Quickman's stage always seemed impossible without the time stopper. My brother was able to beat it without a problem.

Nowadays, I have no problems going through Quickman's stage. As a matter of fact, I find it incredibly easy, and Quickman himself is a total pushover...

...But I still can't beat Mega Man 1. :\

epmode

i played that stage so many times as a kid, it's permanently burned into my brain. even when i fire it up in an emulator, i have no trouble with the beams. strange.

jett

D-Member
belgurdo said:
Even with the time stopper I can't pass this fucking part with the beams...

You can't get through it EVEN with the time stopper!? You know what this means, don't you? You suck huge donkey balls.

JackFrost2012 said:
Back when I was 11 and masochistic, I would do Quick Man's stage first ... then on to Heat Man, with the disappearing blocks and no #2.

IAWTP. With a NES Advantage, Quick Man goes down faster than a DC intern on a senator.

belgurdo

Banned
jett said:
You can't get through it EVEN with the time stopper!? You know what this means, don't you? You suck huge donkey balls.

Actually, I CAN get through it (since I did it when I was a kid with practice,) but I just wanted to complain and see if there was a better way to do it (plus I'm not actually seriously trying since I'm bullshitting around on all the games.) If you don't want to help me out, then move the fuck on.

edit: in fact, I just did it and beat the boss. So thanks for the "help."

Top Bottom