• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quick Question - Is this Computer Combo a good Deal ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adonymous

Neo Member
For the price, NO!

Stay far far away. you can build a PC that will outperform that PC by 1,000 times for that kind of money.

can you give me a price range on how much I am getting ripped off by if I buy that computer ? like how much is that computer worth ?

Thanks.

Roughmar

Unregistered007 said:

It's complicated to say exactly how much the ripoff is, as there is no branding on the specs. For instance, the RAM just says 8 GB DDR3. I've no idea on the frequency or brand it has!

However, if you log into amazon, or some other site of your choice, and search for the average price of each component., you'll see that it doesn't add up to that.
I won't do the math for you on this though.

There's also no monitor included, as far as I can tell.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Look at "Barebones" PC builds on NewEgg (if you don't want to completely build a PC). You could get more powerful PC for half the price.

BlueTsunami said:
Look at "Barebones" PC builds on NewEgg (if you don't want to completely build a PC). You could get more powerful PC for half the price.

I wouldn't even go barebones. Just go to newegg, find a processor you want, and build around that. The site is comprehensive enough to help you find what's compatible.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Unregistered007 said:
last bump!

so the pc is a total rip off at 1099 ?

I say it looks about right for a pre built PC with a modern CPU, 8GB Ram (? not sure if that's a typo or simply the amount it can take) and 1.5TB HDD.

no the system does has 8 gig ddr 3 rams and 1 gig ATI Radeon HD 4650 ddr2 gpu. I bought the system but I am just wondering if its a ripoff I can return it as it has few more days.

Base Features
Processor Type Intel Core i5 750
Processor Speed 2.66GHz
RAM 8 GB DDR3
Hard Drive Speed/Capacity 1.5 TB (7200 RPM) SATA
Optical Drives 16X Super Multi DVD±R/RW
Graphics ATI HD4650
Pre-loaded Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium

Google

Unregistered007 said:
no the system does has 8 gig ddr 3 rams and 1 gig ATI Radeon HD 4650 ddr2 gpu. I bought the system but I am just wondering if its a ripoff I can return it as it has few more days.

It's not a rip-off.

Nor is it a particularly good deal.

Are you happy with it? If you're just concerned about saving a few bucks, then I'd suggest building your own.

If you're happy with it, then I suggest you just stop worrying about how much money you could save buying elsewhere, and enjoy it.

Google said:
It's not a rip-off.

Nor is it a particularly good deal.

Are you happy with it? If you're just concerned about saving a few bucks, then I'd suggest building your own.

If you're happy with it, then I suggest you just stop worrying about how much money you could save buying elsewhere, and enjoy it.

ya I am really happy with it. But just curious how much can I build something like this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom