• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Radiata Stories and Wild Arms 4 trailers! (direct feed)

Just saw the Radiata one. Quite nice, I can see what people are saying about the character design, but overall the art direction is pretty cool. One to keep an eye on.

Now... wild arms next.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I'll post my impressions, once IGN's ISDN servers finish sending me the files in a half an hour

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Wild Arms;

Cool! The characters animate quite well!
The hexagonal battle system is interesting as well.
I prefer this look far more then the cell shading of the 3rd one.

Radiata Stories;

the style personally does not bother me. Certainly looks interesting. A nice change from the average JRPG. Where on earth have I heard the first half of the music from?

jiggle

Radiata looks really good. The characters look like something out of Chrono Cross with even bigger eyes, and so does the the cast of a thousand part(ugh). Definitely looking forward to this...hopefully it won't take forever to localize like the last Tri-ace effort...

WA4 looks alot better than both 3 and the remake. Can't say I'm excited about this game though...waiting to hear what are the connections to the first game.

Shouta

Saw the WA4 trailer on the main site. I like the animation and some of the concepts so far but I don't like the character designs that much.

I need to check out the Radiata Stories trailer though.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Wild Arms 4, I dunno. Looks like another Wild Arms, but I'm a big fan of Wild Arms so it's pretty cool with me. Although I need to know more about how the actual game is, and what kind of additions it'll have this time.

The character design for Radiata Stories could definitely be better, but I don't think it's bad enough to ruin the game or anything. Also, the background (textures) gave me a handdrawn vibe at times, the Saga Frontier 2 style (well, in that direction at least). Looks promising I must say...and just something I noticed: didn't one of the voices sound like it was done by the same woman who also does Naruto's voice in Naruto?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Wild Arms 4, I dunno. Looks like another Wild Arms, but I'm a big fan of Wild Arms so it's pretty cool with me. Although I need to know more about how the actual game is, and what kind of additions it'll have this time.

It sounds very very different, from what I've heard...

Platforming, action elements, and a totally different battle system are some of the changes made to the game...

belgurdo

Banned
dark10x said:

Platforming, action elements, and a totally different battle system are some of the changes made to the game...

Interest is starting to get piqued...

...just get rid of the four tard schoolchum looking main characters and I'll be ready to buy

ferricide

dark10x said:

i should have looked at this at TGS, apparently.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Both look pretty nice, the Radiata Stories one especially... graphics look above Symphonia level, and the animation is really nice, although the character design isn't my favorite. The WA game looks like it might be good, but quit it already with cheesy Jpop in RPGs...

Shouta

I thought most of you guys would have noticed the different things in the trailer from the official site.

I remember Radiata being kinda boring from a gameplay perspective at TGS. I don't remember why, though. It could've just been early.

Bebpo

Banned
ferricide said:
i should have looked at this at TGS, apparently.

I looked at it for just long enough to go "hmm, it looks nothing like previous WA games...maybe it will actually be ok!"

Although what actually dragged me over to the booth was me mistaking the main character for Rubedo and wondering if it was some XS spin-off.

Top Bottom