• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Radiata Stories announced (Tri-Ace's New big RPG project)

tri-Ace was formed by (some of?) the TOP staff after that game's completion, so technically TOP wasn't made by tri-Ace as no such entity existed at the time, but (some of?) the people are the same.

I believe the developer of Tales of Phantasia was called "Wolf Team" at the time. Tri-Ace broker off and Wolf Team is now Tales Studio.

I do seem to recall seeing Tri-Ace credited as such in Tales of Destiny (first time I heard of them).

I love the art direction. It is very similar to FF : CC. I also like the big world map. I want to see more of these in these gen's RPG.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
MoxManiac said:
Lezard Valles? Any relation to Lezard Valeth?
I saw that instantly. And I say that that is absolutely NOT a coincidence. Especially since there is no "-eth" sound that can be written in Japanese, so the closest way of writing it would be with an s sound. Definitely the same name, if not the same character.

Meier

Looks great IMO -- character designs included (with the exception of that one character with the crazy eyes). Hope it doesnt disappoint like SO3 apparently does.

ferricide

die cute die!

seriously, for all of my love for japanese art, i'm getting disappointed lately by RPG character aesthetics. baten kaitos, tales of rebirth, shining force, suikoden IV, sakura taisen V... oh, well. at least there are two megaten games to try and make up for this stuff. if you aren't going to make valkyrie profile 2, at least bring back the fucking character designer!

hope this plays better than it looks. and hope it's way better than SO3. TGS tally ho!

Jonnyram

Wow, good job I didn't waste my time scanning it in again... magic box has it pretty much covered :) The other 4 pages are, like neo said, advertising. But nice pics anyhow. I guess I'll scan this 'cos I haven't seen it elsewhere...

Top Bottom