• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

.la1n

Oh fine I'll carry the weight of real pic secret santa alone.

I really do understand guys :)

If I had got Dave I was going to jump out of cake, but whatever.

Dropped a $200 deposit for an emergency room visit this morning.

They didn't say how much they'd bill me. ._.

Just finished paying one off myself, what did you seek their expertise about?

ZeroRay

Asthma flaring up. They put me in an oxygen mask and gave me some medication. At least I got to do a pretty decent Bane impression!

.la1n

Did anyone ever see Passion of the Christ? It was an alright action movie but I think it could have used a better storyline.

They totally left out the gay sex of the source work; film adaptations made for an American audience are terrible. Ang Lee should have done it instead.

Davedough

If I had got Dave I was going to jump out of cake, but whatever.

la1n cakes!? Fuck it, I'm in

dralla

my taxes looked fucked up, it says 0 for exemptions for state and fed, should it be 1? it seems like a ton of money is being taken out, much more than my other job, and on that paycheck it says 1 for exemptions..hmm

EVOL 100%

I applied early decision for the university I wanted to go and I failed. FUCK

So it looks like I have some serious cramming to do. See you guys in two weeks or so :(

HEY GAIZ

My router broke but now its fixed! This is the happiest day of my life. Also my book came from betterworldbooks, and I am going to buy everything from them from now on. Did yours come Lissar?

I'm also angry because I had my final exam for the Vietnam war subject I was taking. They said the question would be open ended, and could be answered in many different ways. They said to pay particular attention when studying to US strategy. So I spent many hours studying, memorising a practise essay that could be altered to fit almost any question. I had awesome quotes memorised and drew good conclusions. I studied up on counter-insurgency and attrition policies. I get into the exam (its a 50 minute essay). The question is "How has the war changed America?". Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. I got so flustered I couldn't think, and only got 20 - 30 minutes of writing done essentially. I guess, despite knowing I will do poorly, I also know I learnt a lot even if my grade doesn't reflect it.

.la1n

I applied early decision for the university I wanted to go and I failed. FUCK

So it looks like I have some serious cramming to do. See you guys in two weeks or so :(

NOT LIKE THIS!

la1n cakes!? Fuck it, I'm in

mwaahaahahahhahaha

Nah, it was in a church. They just had the guy hanging there and it was all like "WHAT GIVES?!"

Well played.

I studied up on counter-insurgency and attrition policies. I get into the exam (its a 50 minute essay). The question is "How has the war changed America?". Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. I got so flustered I couldn't think, and only got 20 - 30 minutes of writing done essentially. I guess, despite knowing I will do poorly, I also know I learnt a lot even if my grade doesn't reflect it.

That was easy though, answer: "It didn't, they are still assholes."

leadbelly

Banned
HEY GAIZ

My router broke but now its fixed! This is the happiest day of my life. Also my book came from betterworldbooks, and I am going to buy everything from them from now on. Did yours come Lissar?

When things like that happen, it makes you realise just how dependent on the internet you really are. It surprises you.

I'm also angry because I had my final exam for the Vietnam war subject I was taking. They said the question would be open ended, and could be answered in many different ways. They said to pay particular attention when studying to US strategy. So I spent many hours studying, memorising a practise essay that could be altered to fit almost any question. I had awesome quotes memorised and drew good conclusions. I studied up on counter-insurgency and attrition policies. I get into the exam (its a 50 minute essay). The question is "How has the war changed America?". Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. I got so flustered I couldn't think, and only got 20 - 30 minutes of writing done essentially. I guess, despite knowing I will do poorly, I also know I learnt a lot even if my grade doesn't reflect it.

Probably seems like everything is against you at the moment. So basically the exam wasn't what you were expecting at all and it threw you for a loop? :(

As you said, at least you'll learn from it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Man I just had the most bizarre feeling.

"Did I buy a used copy of Gears of War 3 for like 11 bucks six months ago and then forget about it...?"

I have the vaguest memories of buying it and putting it somewhere...

"Did I buy a used copy of Gears of War 3 for like 11 bucks six months ago and then forget about it...?"

I am pretty sure I recall you buying it because I remember asking if you needed a co-op partner.

.la1n

LMAO, that happens to me sometimes. By the way that's about 10 dollars too much.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I am pretty sure I recall you buying it because I remember asking if you needed a co-op partner.
Well then I just might! After I beat Dishonored and Sleeping Dogs (at least check it out) I'm gonna get back into the console games I've dropped.

It got super good reviews la1n...

Davedough

I've officially beaten Dishonored twice to see both the good and the bad endings. I dont think I'll play through it again anytime soon. I've had my fill.

leadbelly

Banned
But you don't now! I'm not upset, just... disappointed.

:p

This is just a community thread. The title was changed from Real-pic GAF to Real-GAF for that reason. Real-pic was only for the month of January. Hawkian made a thread for another one in July though.

Davedough

I think I figured out the labels I'm going to create for the beer I want to brew.

mtSgT.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom