• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, its not one that I'm going to be wanting to call in sick from work to play, but its not a bad little game for the price =)

Edit: BTW... you've got mail.... if you question the reasoning, it was because its developed by "Squid in a box"

Oh, thank you in turn.
With those developers, it's bound to be an AAA-game!

Installing.

More cake:

IMG_20121021_213431.jpg

EVOL 100%

What have you done Canada. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

o0cF5.jpg

Bagged milk in mah Korea? Noooooooo

It was fine. I don't get why muricans hate the idea so much.

.la1n

We have some of the bagged milk at the local Korean market here. I like it.

Probably really slow on this but I didn't realize Hyunah had done her own Gangnam style video with PSY...it's so painful to watch.

Davedough

Stayed up entirely too late last night completing my 2nd playthrough (non-lethal) of Dishonored. I still love that game. Its amazing what things change depending on whether your kill or not.

Oh, and ShockingAlberto... remember that boss we talked about that you said was glitched? She's not. I figured out how to get past her without killing her.
Turns out, if you avoid the side mission from the very beginning of the game, you never have to meet her during the ending. The gate is just open and you walk right through.

.la1n

I am working through my second play through now, doing all stealth since I went on a murder spree after the first couple missions on my first play. I still consider Deus Ex Human Revolution my favorite game this generation but this is a very close second.

EVOL 100%

Seriously, I think that is the single worst piece of K-Pop I have heard in recent memory. This is not an invitation to prove me wrong either, that screeching owl is more than enough for one day.

I hear it fucking everywhere.

In the supermarket, in the convenience store, the cafe, the bus, even in my fucking house, with my 50 year old Dad of all people singing the goddamn thing.

Davedough

I am working through my second play through now, doing all stealth since I went on a murder spree after the first couple missions on my first play. I still consider Deus Ex Human Revolution my favorite game this generation but this is a very close second.

The all-stealth non-lethal playthrough is infinitely easier than the murderous playthrough of my first game. Less people, less security, less tallboys, less weepers, less rats... I mean, I found being able to slip by unnoticed and do non-lethal takedowns a breeze when there weren't 4 additional guys per screen.

.la1n

The all-stealth non-lethal playthrough is infinitely easier than the murderous playthrough of my first game. Less people, less security, less tallboys, less weepers, less rats... I mean, I found being able to slip by unnoticed and do non-lethal takedowns a breeze when there weren't 4 additional guys per screen.

I tend to approach these type of games the same, murder and death the first time and stealth the second. Only time I think I have adhered to strict stealth rules was for the Thief series.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
'Holy shit, you guys weren't kidding. Listening to this made me actually agressive. I wanted to punch Hyuna in the face.
What's weird is that I don't ordinarily find her voice all that grating, like in Bubble Pop I think it sounds quite soft.

Chuckie

What's weird is that I don't ordinarily find her voice all that grating, like in Bubble Pop I think it sounds quite soft.

Yeah its a lot less annoying in other vids. I think I read someone stating that she is doing a Gangnam-accent or style of speaking in that Psy video.

.la1n

Yeah its a lot less annoying in other vids. I think I read someone stating that she is doing a Gangnam-accent or style of speaking in that Psy video.

Hm not sure, my only experience with Gangnam district is the Kimchi museum and Kukkiwon. Did not pick up a change in accent. I find her voice annoying period, even before she did the video with PSY.

RKAg7.png

Hey, guys! Thanks to CrudeDiabtribe (whom you should be showering with compliments, gifts, and possible sexual favors depending on sobriety), the database we're using for Secret Santa is finally up. So here's the registration URL:

http://realgafsanta.lonelyfridge.com/registration.php

This is for Real-GAF only, this is not a GAF-at-large Secret Santa. Not anything against anyone else, that would just be too big and unmanageable. So if you're not part of this community, exercise your best judgment. Similarly, don't join if you don't think you can recirporcate presents - this is a big circle of gift-giving to people you hopefully consider friends. We don't want anyone stiffed on this.

OKAY THAT'S ALL THE BAD STUFF OUT OF THE WAY. If you haven't clicked the URL yet, here's what you'll need to be inputting: Your GAF name, your Real Name, your e-mail (don't put a fake one, it is how you will get your Santee information), your address, and any notes and Game Systems you want to add. Try using the last area to put, say, Steam names or what you would like.

The registration will officially close on November 10th, midnight eastern standard time, so you have that long to register. After that, e-mails will be disbursed and everyone will find out who they are buying for. Crude and I will be looking over everything to make sure there are no issues and everyone has a merry Christmas.

But everyone lives in weird places!

Kind of! Luckily, there are options. If you have someone on Steam, you can purchase through there for international people (note that there are rare game exceptions, such as Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, that will not boot up from IPs in Germany, so make sure you double-check on that sort of thing). There are several countries that have their own Amazon delivery, so barring maybe a phone call from your bank, that is a good way to get items to someone.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=487250 - International hubs for Amazon

Usually you can just google "Amazon (country name)" and find what you're looking for and sometimes bigger Amazon hubs may ship to neighboring countries for cheap. So those are your best bets for buying those things for people.

If none of those options work, well...shipping options exist and they might not be TOO expensive. But hopefully it won't come to that. If there is a big problem that just can't be worked around, PM me and I'll see what we can figure out. It will probably involve me talking to the Santee to see what can be done.

But I'm awful at buying presents!

Probably! Most people are! But that's okay! Steam has a wishlist feature if you're going that route. If not, there's a notes section in the registration where hopefully your santee has decided to put what they wanted. And if that doesn't pan out, maybe look through their GAF post history and try and get a feel for what they might want.

And for all the santees, don't be a jerk! People are doing their best to shop for you, so don't get mad if you don't get exactly what you want. We're all friends here, so let's act like it. The important thing is to have fun with it!

Edit: After thinking about it, cap is $75, minimum is $10.

HUARGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom