• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Republican Debate 10 [CNN] Super Tuesday Bros. Melee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinbe

Trump will look absolutely ridiculous when you put him up against Clinton. Anyone not stupid, racist or crazy will not vote for him.

ayeorkean

How do you even debate with Trump? I'm legit worried about Hillary or Bernie going at him. Substance doesn't matter. You're dumb, you're old, I'm great, believe me.

The only way trump will gain "democrat" voters is if Hillary gets the nomination, but those would just be some anti-establishment voters. Trump is so polarizing anybody who is thinking of voting for Hillary would never vote for anybody like trump in the first place. Trump can't really speak at length about any of his policies, it's all pretty ad hominem, it would only further polarize the voters.

Brinbe

Rubio is such a lazy shit. First he goes to sleep instead of waiting for the results in NV and now this. Dude deserves to lose.

benjipwns

Banned
If this is true, then how did W get both elected and re-elected? Because nobody on Earth thought W was one smart cookie compared to Al Gore and John Kerry.
Debates aren't that important. They're mostly watched by people who've already made up their mind and want to see their candidate score points against the bad guy(s).

Calamari41

41 > 38
Every time Rubio or Cruz leaned in, faced directly at Trump, and blasted him, Trump put his chin up, stared straight forward, and did that half-closed eye thing. The man knows what he's doing. Made himself look like their father putting up with a tantrum every time.

Donaldtello
Rafael
Marcolangelo
Leocarson

I love it, but maybe...Carsonardo?

2016_02_26_00_57_14.jpg

His ninja weapon is Ambien. Wakka wakka.

Zophar

Every time Rubio or Cruz leaned in, faced directly at Trump, and blasted him, Trump put his chin up, stared straight forward, and did that half-closed eye thing. The man knows what he's doing. Made himself look like their father putting up with a tantrum every time.

Glad I'm not the only one noticing this about his cadence and body language. Trump behaves on the stage like he's the father of a gaggle of ungrateful sons at Thanksgiving.

Again, I missed out on the debate, but by the responses here on GAF, it sounds like Gentle Ben might be Charlie's uncle from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

How do you even debate with Trump? I'm legit worried about Hillary or Bernie going at him. Substance doesn't matter. You're dumb, you're old, I'm great, believe me.

I think you need a tremendous amount of swag. I'm a bit concerned about what he'll do to Hillary or Bernie as well.

I think it would take something like Obama's charisma to mop the floor with him, and none of the candidates - on either side - come close to that.

Just saw Rubio's massacre of Trump.

The selling watches in Manhattan comment was so brutal and so spot on, hahahahha.

It was also planned in advance because his website immediately started "selling" broken watches that were labeled as the type Trump would be selling (though you don't actually get a watch. It's just a $10 donation toward Rubio).

Nothing worse than trying to force something to go viral.

benjipwns

Banned
Again, I missed out on the debate, but by the responses here on GAF, it sounds like Gentle Ben might be Charlie's uncle from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
For example, you remember me possibly as a man with small hands. Yeah, you think "he had small hands", do you remember that? What you remember is FALSE! Big. Masculine. My hands tell a story. Of greatness.

And when you look at my right hand...

It was also planned in advance because his website immediately started "selling" broken watches that were labeled as the type Trump would be selling (though you don't actually get a watch. It's just a $10 donation toward Rubio).

Nothing worse than trying to force something to go viral.

Everything Marco Roboto does is carefully scripted. His AI routines have a pretty limited independent cognition function, as we saw when Christie successfully forced a bootloop on him.

Zophar

I think you need a tremendous amount of swag. I'm a bit concerned about what he'll do to Hillary or Bernie as well.

I think it would take something like Obama's charisma to mop the floor with him, and none of the candidates - on either side - come close to that.

Trump's bluster works now because primaries are so much more about optics than policy, but people start demanding substance when the GE debates roll into town. Clinton's enormous skill at accessing facts and essential policy points on a dime would assuredly make him look like the pretender he is. How many times have you heard Trump say "I don't remember _______ all that well, but"?

Trump's bluster works now because primaries are so much more about optics than policy, but people start demanding substance when the GE debates roll into town. Clinton's enormous skill at accessing facts and essential policy points on a dime would assuredly make him look like the pretender he is.

So explain how W beat out Al Gore and John Kerry if people demand substance in GE debates.

If anything Trump is like Super W, all the charisma and all the bluster and absolutely no substance whatsoever but who needs substance when you like the guy?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So explain how W beat out Al Gore and John Kerry if people demand substance in GE debates.

If anything Trump is like Super W, all the charisma and all the bluster and absolutely no substance whatsoever but who needs substance when you like the guy?

The electorate looked a lot different then and a sitting president has never lost reelection while there's a war on.

Zophar

It's not an either/or situation. A good candidate has both. Obama had both, for one. Personally, I don't think Clinton is deficient enough in charisma for Trump to drone out her substance.

I'd just like to say Al Gore won the popular vote in 2000.

BanGy.nz

Banned
If this is true, then how did W get both elected and re-elected? Because nobody on Earth thought W was one smart cookie compared to Al Gore and John Kerry.

Al Gore lost because he invented the internet and Florida hates nerds, Kerry Lost because some boat enthusiast called him a liar.

benjipwns

Banned
The electorate looked a lot different then and a sitting president has never lost reelection while there's a war on.
His dad did.

Alternative bonus answer: There hasn't been a war for a President to be re-elected during since the 1944 election.

Hillary is going to do a lot worse against Trump in a debate than some people here think. You can bank on it. Hillary is much better at brawling with people who by their nature become embarrassed when things get overly testy, and then proceed to fall back. Trump will keep going.

Zophar

Hillary is going to do a lot worse against Trump in a debate than some people here think. You can bank on it. Hillary is much better at brawling with people who by their nature become embarrassed when things get overly testy, and then proceed to fall back. Trump will keep going.

I don't think Clinton has any experience handling attacks that just keep going,
151023112135-hillary-clinton-benghazi-hand-large-169.jpg

Though to be fair this does validate what you mean. Those were some pretty pathetic efforts on display and she cornered them constantly.

watershed

Banned
Yeah whatever else you may think of Hillary, people should recognize that she is a very good debater who knows how to rough it up. That and the GE dynamics strongly favoring her over Trump, she would wipe the floor with Trump in the GE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom