• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Republican Debate 6 [Fox Business] Super PAC Fighter 2 Turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was watching this on tv, but had to switch to my laptop because listening to these people was making my girlfriend feel physically ill. She's a keeper.

Jeb!'s cadence reminds me of a godawful anime dub.
Are these moderators going to actually cut off candidates or is the timer just there as a formality?
It's a FOX corporation debate. There will be zero actual accountability. The previous FBN debate was an epic shitshow of people talking about seriously whatever they wanted.

Owzers

Jeb coming on strong! Neil Cavuto is nailing this debate, asking the tough questions like " do you disagree with Obama?"

BajiBoxer

Banned
Why are all Fox female pundits hot-(ish) fake blond mature women with fake ultra-bright teeth ?

As a non-american it keeps freaking me out. I thought conservatives were all about the lord and family values ? What about the super high expectations for female pundits to look like clones of the perfect blond middle-aged housewife in louboutins ?

They're probably Roger Ailes type. He hires a lot based on looks and sex appeal:

Sherman's reporting confirms Ailes' obsession with displaying his female anchors' legs on Fox programs. The topic of the dress code and makeup of Fox News' female personalities has long been the subject of scrutiny among writers. Fox News host Gretchen Carlson recently admitted that "pants were not allowed on Fox & Friends."

In addition to the allegation that Ailes once offered to increase a female producer's salary in exchange for sex, Sherman's book features several examples of Ailes' sexism.

Ailes: "Move That Damn Laptop, I Can't See Her Legs!"

Sherman relayed an anecdote of Ailes regarding former Fox News reporter Kiran Chetry: "Anchor Bob Sellers remembered Ailes once calling the control booth. 'I was doing the weekend show with Kiran Chetry. He called up and said, 'Move that damn laptop, I can't see her legs!'"

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/01/13/i-cant-see-her-legs-roger-ailes-rampant-sexism/197552

And he often watches on mute:

Ailes comes across as a man completely in touch with his medium. He often watches shows on mute, because sound—what people are actually saying—is always secondary on television. Ailes used this approach to rate anchors, as he recounted in his 1989 book, You Are the Message; Getting What You Want by Being Who You Are. (Everyone has an Oprah side.) Basically, Ailes would test talk show hosts by watching them "with the sound turned off" for about ten minutes.

"If there was nothing happening on screen in the way the host looked or moved that made me interested enough to stand up and turn the sound up," he wrote, "then I knew that the host was not a great television performer." Anchors who were boring on mute could get axed. "If nothing moved me toward that sound knob," Ailes warned, "I would often recommend terminating the contract of that performer."

http://www.rollingstone.com/politic...ilt-the-fox-news-fear-factory-20110525?page=9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom