• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resetera and the pedo problem (updates)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is glorious. Took me a while but I finally read the whole thing. Been watching the whole late oldGAF / REEera thing unfold from afar for some time. I must say...whether the discord chats were just innocuous discussions about age of consent laws or not (regardless I don't know what the hell that kind of discussion is doing on a server about sales figures or why on earth they thought it was appropriate) it feels good to watch Era get vilified by the very court of public opinion they have been weaponizing against individuals and the industry at large for quite some time. They've done so much damage, it's about damn time they got a taste of their own medicine. Outright fakes are not cool at all though.

NuGAF might be the best redemption arc in history.

i'm starting to think alex jones was right, goddamn psychic vampires
Look dude, it's easy to see bad stuff everywhere if you want to see it, but sometimes where there is smoke there are pedo rings, it's a very gross topic but it happens, and those guys seem to get off from hiding in plain/public sight, Resetera should seriously consider very hard who they associate with, there is inclusiveness, and then there is INCLUSIVENESS, I know the cookie theories that the far left is pushing to legitimize this...practice... but I highly doubt that's the actual case, it's more of an issue of being overly accepting and these cats moving in under their shade.

Video games attract kids, makes sense that it's a great hunting ground for those types.

Apdiddy

This is the strangest PM I've gotten on any site in quite some time. Note that I never received any PMs on Ree that didn't stem from a convo I myself started.

<yoink> [mod note]

Again, not to tell you what to do, but posting a private message without telling the other person is probably a TOS violation. I am very angry about this and I do not expect you would appreciate someone doing that to you either. I understand your initial anger from your post, but it doesn't make this right. This was in response to this:

"As a transgender person who was permabanned over a "transphobic pm" that wasn't actually transphobic, I'm going to have to respond to your defense of ResetERA with a resounding FUCK YOU. The website is hypocrisy incarnate. The fact it's also a pedo nest on their side is just the final proof we need to try and take it down. I suggest you sit back and watch the destruction."

Again, if someone is going to say that to you, how would you have responded? You would have probably said the same thing I said to you. I was trying to handle this in a professional, courteous manner, which you did not seem to return in kind.

I was going to respond to you in private about you doing this, but you appear to be fine with posting PMs. And just because you didn't ask for the PM doesn't mean you had permission to post the PM. I apologize for sending you the PM, but I must reiteriate my anger at your response by doing this.

That's all I'm going to say at this point; having seen more from Celine, I can walk back some of what I said and I would agree that nothing was done. There is no defense for no one seeing it and not doing anything to stop what was going on under their nose.

Last edited by a moderator:

brap

Banned
Hey man, what if I look like Quasimodo you gonna call me a kiddie diddler? Slippery slope! :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Oh my we have a famous gaf user in our midst!
methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F42c0d9e8-f704-11e7-a789-003e705b951e.jpg

That's all I'm going to say at this point; having seen more from Celine, I can walk back some of what I said and I would agree that nothing was done. There is no defense for no one seeing it and not doing anything to stop what was going on under their nose.
Good. I'm glad I was able to help you learn a lesson.

Last edited:

Bill O'Rights

Seldom posts. Always delivers.
Staff Member
Oh my gawd, the reports!!!

giphy.gif

Seriously think we've caught most of them and the PM (please seek permission to share these publicly as a courtesy). We're being light touch with this thread; again discussion seems to be getting closed on other platforms and while there are one or two posts skirting the 'good taste' line, most posters are acting like adults about the whole thing. Can we just ask people to be wary and skeptical of screencaps and possible photoshops. Rule of thumb if you haven't capped it yourself, doubt its veracity. While many people may treat this incident as karmic retribution for certain people, let's also be mindful of those who may be caught in the crossfire or susceptible to being collateral damage. Thanks folks.

Michele

you.
Oh my gawd, the reports!!!

giphy.gif

Seriously think we've caught most of them and the PM (please seek permission to share these publicly as a courtesy). We're being light touch with this thread; again discussion seems to be getting closed on other platforms and while there are one or two posts skirting the 'good taste' line, most posters are acting like adults about the whole thing. Can we just ask people to be wary and skeptical of screencaps and possible photoshops. Rule of thumb if you haven't capped it yourself, doubt its veracity. While many people may treat this incident as karmic retribution for certain people, let's also be mindful of those who may be caught in the crossfire or susceptible to being collateral damage. Thanks folks.
Good day, folks!

We’ve made an administrative decision to remove the previous ‘fake tweet.’

There is quite a lot in this thread to discuss and fact check, already.

Thanks you, staff members!

If I may ask, what is your take on this problem? Do you have any clues about this?

Dabaus

Banned
Idk how to post images but I screen shotted a post from a user who called out resetera mods and now he’s banned for “malicious troll content.” Title of the thread he posted in was “avengers gameplay leaked.”

Michele

you.
If there's one thing I've learned in my time on the internet it's that if there's some dirty laundry somewhere sooner or later 4chan will find it and will air it...very publicly.
I mean... a thread about this very briefly appeared for several times, with some controversies. It kept getting reuploaded before the anonymous user was banned.

Generally I would agree but let's consider the track record of Resetera and their dox attacks. Maybe facing some real consequences would lead to them keeping a lid on their community in the future. Probably not though.
Can you imagine a timeline where these guys are proper exposed, and /pol/ ends up facing off with Resetera. I can picture the Internet Historian video already..

in that dark hour ~ i will weaponize somerset, and you will know the true meaning of fabian
When will fools ever learn that the more you try to hide something the more interest you draw from /pol/, each deleted thread, deleted post, scrapped account, is just one more post on the 4chan wall, they're building their own gallows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom