• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resetera reflects: This place sucks. We want GAF back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
tenor.gif

:pie_roffles: Perfect!

Chinbo37

I post on sherdog too. I've been a member since 2002...and I love the Marryberry lounge forum. It's a better place to talk about the MCU and Star Wars the way we used to talk about it in the old days here.

The funny thing is at sherdog nearly everyone unanimously HATES The Last Jedi and people just have a good time making fun of it, no toxic arguments. The MCU discussion there is just pure fun as well, nearly everyone united and just having fun theory discussion.

Meanwhile at resetera...the recent thread about RLM Plinkett's recent The Last Jedi review caused a disastrous thread of TLJ fans getting angry and attacking RLM of being sexist....the thread got so derailed that after like 35 pages it got locked...LOL so sad.

Just coming in to say I am also a member of sherdog, been a member since 2004. I shoudl go there more often i rarely go there anymore.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Saw this post about ReeEra, and ... nailed it.

I have no personal experience with this website, but I suspect calling it a "Game forum" is like calling a fishhook a "worm dispenser."

It's not a forum; it is a playground for mods to role play their fantasies of being inquisitors burning heretics.

Last edited:

*Nightwing

Banned
Been lurking for years, barely post at all to avoid a ban for drive by shit posting which is my first inclination, so I'll provide link: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=circle jerk

Goddamn it if this isn't the visual statistical definition of a circle jerk (definition #3 from provided link)!
Yeah, these people have over 10K-20K posts, and the forum has not hit a year yet.

upload_2018-8-19_10-20-14-png.522759

Quote fail, and I'm too old and lazy to learn how toedit my post.... My bad

Madflavor

For the love of god, I HOPE they never come back here. I hope they stay in their bubble and never leak out to other forums like this, and contaminate the waters.

The split up was the whole reason I eventually stopped being a lurker and joined NEOgaf. Because now GAF is home to mostly decent folk now. Folk who aren't full of hatred and looking to lash out at the world. And though I don't post much on here, it's still nice to know I can engage, gush, and debate about things, and not have to worry about being banned over nothing. And yeah, I saw Metokur's lastest vid. ResetEra is trying to shame people for saying "Female"? If that's for real then holy shit.

You know, I honestly think /v/ is better than ResetEra. Yes /v/ is full of hateful children, some are probably legit racists/sexists, and the place is overall a cesspool of shitposting. But you know what separates them from ResetEra? /v/ is self aware that they're a shithole. They're self aware and they revel in it. ResetEra on the other hand legitimately thinks they're an intelligent, highly sophisticated forum, full of loving and tolerate people. And for me I have to ask what's worse. A prick who knows he's a prick, or a prick who thinks he's a great person, despite how awful and uncomfortable he makes everyone around him feel.

For the love of god, I HOPE they never come back here. I hope they stay in their bubble and never leak out to other forums like this, and contaminate the waters.

The split up was the whole reason I eventually stopped being a lurker and joined NEOgaf. Because now GAF is home to mostly decent folk now. Folk who aren't full of hatred and looking to lash out at the world. And though I don't post much on here, it's still nice to know I can engage, gush, and debate about things, and not have to worry about being banned over nothing. And yeah, I saw Metokur's lastest vid. ResetEra is trying to shame people for saying "Female"? If that's for real then holy shit.

You know, I honestly think /v/ is better than ResetEra. Yes /v/ is full of hateful children, some are probably legit racists/sexists, and the place is overall a cesspool of shitposting. But you know what separates them from ResetEra? /v/ is self aware that they're a shithole. They're self aware and they revel in it. ResetEra on the other hand legitimately thinks they're an intelligent, highly sophisticated forum, full of loving and tolerate people. And for me I have to ask what's worse. A prick who knows he's a prick, or a prick who thinks he's a great person, despite how awful and uncomfortable he makes everyone around him feel.
Oh damn lol. Shots fired

tenor.gif

Jagz

That Larry guy is only commenting cos he kissed their asses and they still rejected him. Here he is doing exactly what they asked of him: -

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ch...y-of-abuse-read-op.33557/page-73#post-6858557
Did you read his YouTube comment? He said: "They then apologized to each other for talking to me publicly on the forums and had mods PM me demanding I copy and paste statements THEY had written to denounce my opinions as the forums felt uncomfortable with my presence" I think that may have been the statement the mods had written for him.

ILLtown

Did you read his YouTube comment? He said: "They then apologized to each other for talking to me publicly on the forums and had mods PM me demanding I copy and paste statements THEY had written to denounce my opinions as the forums felt uncomfortable with my presence" I think that may have been the statement the mods had written for him.
Yeah, I read that. But if they asked me to do that I'd tell them to fuck off. He bent over and did it.

MayauMiao

Yeah, I read that. But if they asked me to do that I'd tell them to fuck off. He bent over and did it.

He tried to please the echo chamber but still get stab on the back anyway. I do wish Larry can come over here and explain more. Anyone can tweet him? We'll be nice. Promise!

C4lukin2

Banned
Just don’t turn into a circle-jerk like Era currently is. They’re not perfect, we’re not perfect.

Just say what you mean in a civil way. Outside of sports threads because that is impossible, and it is Thunderdome.

And do not let people get away with personal attacks if their posts do not contain substance.

For example a controversial policy made by a country that let’s call Buttington. You cannot simply post, “Fuck Buttington.”

You need to put an intelligent argument about how Buttington sucks, and be willing to respond to those that disapprove. Do not bother if you are not going to present a case. And if you do present a case, if you are providing “facts” at least put in the work to provide links.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member

Actually it's not 100% certain that he did. Forum content is generally stored in a database in plain text, which is thus pretty easy to edit. #justsayin.

DryvBy

This is ridiculous. I hate that site.

Edit: posted above but still. Just wtf. He said a funny joke my wife chuckled at when I read it to her. Because he joked about womens, he's not a valid video game critic?

Last edited:

royox

Edit: posted above but still. Just wtf. He said a funny joke my wife chuckled at when I read it to her. Because he joked about womens, he's not a valid video game critic?

You are taking about people that LITERALLY want to reeducate cis straight guys so we are sexually attracted to trans women. What did you expect?

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy

Its because he has a wife in general. (/s) Or wat, you think those chucklefucks at ERA have ladies or guys that tolerate the kind of bile they post online?
Or their partner in crime simply isnt aware. Would it be considered cheating if you proclaim online on how much you are oppressed by others daily and you don't make the distinction that it isn't about your SO? :unsure:
The thing is most IRL people wouldn't make this an issue. ERA translates this to ''oppression'' when really, most IRL people wouldn't make this (or other things) an issue.

ERA simply over-thinks A LOT of things way too much. Its not that deep fam.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
You have to think in the first place in order to over-think.
Well that much i still give them credit to, Neural Networks aren't that advanced as to establish a toxic narrative and try to push that on the Interweb as a valid tool in debates.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I mean shit even at neogaf peak i was at around 10 posts a day. I can't imagine 10 times that.

My peak was about 20-25 around the E3 times when this place bumped, and even then I thought I was posting way, way too much. I own my own businesses and have the luxury sometimes of posting while in my office, but still, I cannot imagine 50, 75, and 100+ like it is a full time job.

If you get into heated or interesting exchanges, I can see it once in a blue moon, but averaging that for every, single, day, since the site launched? That is not healthy, and I can see why those who do, are usually the most abrasive and far gone. No real world social skills eminate through their virtual social behavior. And when you add their Discord BS into the mix where they have competitions to set people up to be banned...

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Blam

My peak was about 20-25 around the E3 times when this place bumped, and even then I thought I was posting way, way too much. I own my own businesses and have the luxury sometimes of posting while in my office, but still, I cannot imagine 50, 75, and 100+ like it is a full time job.

If you get into heated or interesting exchanges, I can see it once in a blue moon, but averaging that for every, single, day, since the site launched? That is not healthy, and I can see why those who do, are usually the most abrasive and far gone. No real world social skills eminate through their virtual social behavior. And when you add their Discord BS into the mix where they have competitions to set people up to be banned...
Oh yeah I can guarentee those people do not at all have any social interactions and ERA is their only one. Discord maybe.

But I cannot imagine 100 posts a day. That's nearly an hour of posting a day. That's beyond fucking insane. That's also posting after every single 30 second timer. so I have no idea how they can do that and not go crazy

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Nearly an hour? More, trust me. Consider that most sites require a respectable gap between post, so you won't get a posting rate of 1 per 40 seconds, that just won't happen. Then consider the time to read the forum and decide what you're going to say, formulate the content, make sure the spelling is reasonably solid etc. I certainly spend a lot more than 40 seconds on each post.

Blam

Nearly an hour? More, trust me. Consider that most sites require a respectable gap between post, so you won't get a posting rate of 1 per 40 seconds, that just won't happen. Then consider the time to read the forum and decide what you're going to say, formulate the content, make sure the spelling is reasonably solid etc. I certainly spend a lot more than 40 seconds on each post.

I know but some people read a headline and form the opinon on that. maybe a minute a post so 2 hours at most but still regardless that's if they weren't reading it all. They most likely spend around 5-8 hours on ERA every day. Which is fucked up.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
That was rather my point, that an hour was low-balling. It's almost certainly a full-time activity if you're posting that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom