• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4: Collector's Edition!

king zell

I went to another Gamestop today and they printed out a paper for me. The manager didn't know until I told him, that its in the computer.

What the paper says:

Resident Evil 4: Collector's Edition

SKU: 220482

Includes:

* Cel Art 5x7 limited edition serialized
* Art book 5x7 Glossy
* Resident Evil Apocalypse Soundtrack CD
* Resident Evil 4 videogame
* Packaged in unique collectors Edition tin

If you want to call them its Texas (817) 468 9002

I left the paper in my brothers scanner (his laptop is with him) and left him a note to scan it and send me the picture. I wrote what was on the paper to another paper so I can post it. I forgot to get the reciept to leave it at my brothers house but the print out is from Gamestop, while its not flassy it gets the job done. Also the handout says its a GAMESTOP exclusive. The manager said it will cost : $59.99

I urge you naysayers to call your local Gamestop and ask them. Give them the damn SKU if you don't trust my word, tell them just to look it up see what they say. Maybe its a new thing just put up.

I'll try to update this when and if my brother gives me the scan.

adv2k1 @ IGN boards

:)

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Wario64 said:
Why couldn't they give out a RE4 soundtrack?

Yeah, that is weird. Cool either way. Good thing it only costs $59.99, cause I wouldn't pay any more than that for the content included. :)

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
CVXFREAK said:
Reg. and Ltd. Editions mine.

Both?! Wait...that shouldn't surprise me at all. FREAK!!! :p

Silkworm

Hmmm, not too bad a list of extras, though I wouldn't mind if they threw in an RE themed face plate for the ol' GC as well.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
What the hell does Slipknot, Deftones, Rammstein, Massive Attack, etc have to do with Resident Evil 4? Put a REAL videogame soundtrack in there, not some mix of licensed music for a crappy movie.

FoneBone

IGN says this isn't exactly a collector's edition, per se:
Yesterday I went to Gamestop to pick up my prime2 tshirt and I went ahead and reserved Resident Evil 4 while I was there. The guy asked me if I wanted collectors version and said how it has a Metal case, soundtrack CD, original art and something else. I quickly reserved that, but this is the first time I heard anything about it. I have been watching RE4 very closely and I never heard about this before yesterday. So whats the deal? Why didn't you guys report it?-adv2k1

Matt responds: Nice find. Just got the scoop from Capcom on this and it turns out that GameStop is indeed offering a unique RE4 package to its customers. I should note that this is not an official Capcom-branded Collector's Edition Resident Evil 4 set. The game itself will not be any different from versions sold at other stores. That said, the GameStop version does sound pretty cool. While GameStop is handling all of the production costs, Capcom is supplying the retailer with a number of cool art-related extras. Here's what you get:

* Special red metal/tin Resident Evil 4 box
* Mini Resident Evil 4 art book
* The soundtracks from the movies Resident Evil and Resident Evil: Apocalypse
* Resident Evil 4 laser cell

You may not have to pre-order Resident Evil 4 to get this special package from GameStop. According to Capcom, it'll also be on display when the game comes out.

Fularu

Banned
No gamestop in canada (at least not in quebec city) I alrady gto owned on the G5 dvd, now I'll miss this. That sux :(

Spike

Not an official Capcom-branded product and exclusive to Gamestop.

Why doesn't Gamestop open here in Canada? EB is cleaning up without them.

So what is this "Cel Art 5x7 limited edition serialized" or "Resident Evil 4 laser cell" ? Usually I hear of such things associated with traditional animation, but RE4 is all CG?

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
damn I saw this in the comp today and I wanted to break it to you guys. Stupid late shift ;)

Anyway, sounds cool. especially the art assets tin etc. and since it is only ten more (im looking at you valve ) ten is my max unless its packed with hot MGS japan style extras.

JoshuaJSlone said:
So what is this "Cel Art 5x7 limited edition serialized" or "Resident Evil 4 laser cell" ? Usually I hear of such things associated with traditional animation, but RE4 is all CG?

Perhaps hand drawn concept art on a cel, over one of those early concept background shots. I'd hit it!

Top Bottom