• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 controller prototype (Nuby)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
nuby-preps-resident-evil-4-controller-20041006044219721.jpg

http://cube.ign.com/articles/554/554699p1.html

Third party hardware manufacturer Nuby Tech is in development with a new Resident Evil 4 themed GameCube controller shaped like a chainsaw.

The pad pays homage to the deadly burlap sack-wearing, chainsaw-wielding enemy seen in the village area of Resident Evil 4. The foe, widely viewed as one of the scarier additions to the survival horror franchise, can actually chop main character Leon Kennedy's head off if players are not careful.

Nuby's RE4 chainsaw controller can be gripped comfortably with both hands. The main analog stick is located at the top-left corner of the chainsaw's faceplate, and the camera stick just below. The A, B, Y and X buttons sit close by. The shoulder buttons cannot be viewed in the official prototype image of the device, but we assume they will be placed on either side of the chainsaw itself.

Nuby does not yet have an official price in mind for the Resident Evil 4 chainsaw controller, but the company did confirm that franchise fanatics can pick it up sometime in early January.

Maybe I would buy it as a collectable thing for my own pride...But why the F would I want to control a game with a lay out like that?

cvxfreak

ToyMachine228 said:
Maybe I would buy it as a collectable thing for my own pride...But why the F would I want to control a game with a lay out like that?

For those damn people who can't adjust to RE's controls.

aku:jiki

Wario64 said:
What in the world...?
It's not that weird... The second handlebar is just a gun handle and the X has moved to a trigger position instead. Kinda cool, albeit useless, if you ask me.

Top Bottom