• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 COMMUNITY MATCHMAKING Thread

Nemesis_

iZMTbFCfp2fBB.png

BANNER by Brandonh83
ADAPTED by Nemesis_

UP FOR DISCUSSION? This is the community thread for organising matchmaking, playing with fellow GAFfers and discussing multiplayer meet-ups. If you want to discuss the game itself, head to the MAIN OFFICIAL THREAD

REGARDING SPOILERS: Do NOT post any unmarked spoilers in this thread. There is a DEDICATED SPOILER THREAD to discuss all facets of the game without spoiler tags.

Welcome to the official Resident Evil 6 Community Thread!

This is the place to:
  • Find a partner for co-op
  • Find a player to tackle Mercenaries mode
  • Find another whore to grind achievements / trophies with
  • Make friends :)
It's all for fun!

For Xbox 360 Simply add the Gamertag "RE6NeoGAF" to your friends list. Once approved, anyone who views the profile's own friend list will be able to find you!
For Playstation 3 Fill out the form that we link to below, once filled out, you will be entered into a spreadsheet which will be viewable by anyone who might want to play with you

NOTE: Both methods are moderated and any spammers, trolls or whatnot will be promptly removed​

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
HAI GUISE I WANT TO PLAY

Well actually my first run will be solo. BUT I will definitely be back here for Pro runs and Mercenaries action. :)

Teknoman

Since I had tons of fun running through the RE5 campaign launch week with 1 co-op partner, i'm hoping to do the same with 6. Gonna go through Leon's first of course...probably only able to play at night though (then again what other time is there to play survival horror).

Of course if I have to play through each campaign with different partners, thats fine too.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Since I had tons of fun running through the RE5 campaign launch week with 1 co-op partner, i'm hoping to do the same with 6. Gonna go through Leon's first of course...probably only able to play at night though (then again what other time is there to play survival horror).

Of course if I have to play through each campaign with different partners, thats fine too.

Tekno, I'll totally play with you. Are you getting the PS3 or 360 version?

Riposte

Probably won't be getting the game at launch, however I think I'll be interested in doing this. My conditions would be no voice (communication outside of the game is fine of course, but I like my Resident Evil co-op like Outbreak) and a slight focus on exploration and experimentation.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Probably won't be getting the game at launch, however I think I'll be interested in doing this. My conditions would be no voice (communication outside of the game is fine of course, but I like my Resident Evil co-op like Outbreak) and a slight focus on exploration and experimentation.

Hrmmm...I guess we won't be playing then. I'm the exact opposite. I can't play with people who don't talk.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

How do you experiment if you can't communicate to your partner what you want to do?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone down for some RE5 co-op action this week/weekend in anticipation of RE6? I'm on PS3 (although I will be getting RE6 on 360).

Edit: Oh, and I love watching the cutscenes so I will probably not skip any of them. FYI in case that kind of thing bothers you.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Anyone down for some RE5 co-op action this week/weekend in anticipation of RE6? I'm on PS3 (although I will be getting RE6 on 360).

Edit: Oh, and I love watching the cutscenes so I will probably not skip any of them. FYI in case that kind of thing bothers you.

You feel like tackling veteran difficulty? I will watch cutscenes (I love them too) if you will be ok with no infinite ammo.

(I have so much reg ammo that I'll give you what you need but I just like that there is at least some cost, and you still have to manage reloading -- otherwise it's not fun imo).

Just shoot me a gaf pm or PSN message if/when you're interested.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
You feel like tackling veteran difficulty? I will watch cutscenes (I love them too) if you will be ok with no infinite ammo.

(I have so much reg ammo that I'll give you what you need but I just like that there is at least some cost, and you still have to manage reloading -- otherwise it's not fun imo).

Just shoot me a gaf pm or PSN message if/when you're interested.

I already beat the game on Veteran with the CPU teammate, so I don't see any problem with tackling Veteran with a human partner. I also hate unlimited ammo, so this sounds good to me.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
GG Evolved1, had fun playing tonight. Sorry I died at that laser puzzle, I haven't done that section in over a year lol. Gotta run since I have to get up early for work, but I'll be up for some more RE5 later in the week if you're interested.

Evolved1

GG Evolved1, had fun playing tonight. Sorry I died at that laser puzzle, I haven't done that section in over a year lol. Gotta run since I have to get up early for work, but I'll be up for some more RE5 later in the week if you're interested.

Yeah that was fun... I finally beat that damn spider on vet thanks to your help. I tried a few times before but the AI kept getting killed, so thanks.

I actually forgot how to play when we started... too many games man I'm playing like half a dozen different RE's right now, all with different controls and it's messing with my head. haha

I'm a PS3 guy here, dunno if I'll get it Week 1, much less Day 1. But my play-style in RE games is exploration and some voice talk (no Chatty Cathy stuff, just straight RE talk on path/ammo resources/"team talk"). I'm also very methodical in my approach, I've been that way in every Resident Evil game I played really (which tends to piss off more aggressive players). But I'd love to have a
female
(LULZ) partner to co-op with when I finally get Resident Evil 6 within the next month.

I'd also love to play some RE5 on harder levels to practice for RE6.
Basically what I mean is I don't want to be rushed. Also I might do stupid ass things to see if they work.
I think due to the evolution of RE puzzles we all do this.

Evolved1

I'd also love to play some RE5 on harder levels to practice for RE6.

I'm working through vet atm... if that's difficult enough for you (I don't have professional unlocked yet). And I'd like to tear through the DLC on prof (this I do have open) but having trouble finding a partner for that.

I'm working through vet atm... if that's difficult enough for you (I don't have professional unlocked yet). And I'd like to tear through the DLC on prof (this I do have open) but having trouble finding a partner for that.
I beat every difficulty level on Co-op and have all the DLC, I just haven't played RE5 in a year. If you have time to play contact me, my PSN is in my profile.

Crap if I'm going to get RE6 I'll need to buy a new controller also. I have broken one stick due to all the QTBPs (or QTE) in RE4 and RE5. :p

EDIT: ANDDDDDDDDDDD I forgot to bring RE5 to Philly with me. Great. Forget what I just said.

Bladenic

Added my PSN ID. I might also try to squeeze some RE5 time just for ole time sake. Probably won't get my copy till next the weekend though, unfortunately.

Hey guys. I'll definitely be looking for a parter here closer to launch. Unfortunately I have some IRL friends who are going to want to play this game with me (who I don't really want to play with), but hopefully I can save at least one of the campaigns to do with someone here. Of course I'll definitely want to play with you guys after the first playthroughs for trophies and mercs and stuff.

Anyway, we'll see how it all goes down on launch day

Evolved1

Hey guys. I'll definitely be looking for a parter here closer to launch. Unfortunately I have some IRL friends who are going to want to play this game with me (who I don't really want to play with), but hopefully I can save at least one of the campaigns to do with someone here. Of course I'll definitely want to play with you guys after the first playthroughs for trophies and mercs and stuff.

Anyway, we'll see how it all goes down on launch day

Great thing about the RE franchise is depth and replayability. So even after the game is finished, there are still multiple playthroughs on various difficulties and all the extras.

People are still playing RE5... just the campaign! Still.

I'm considering a solo playthrough (probably will do this, and then going co-op for the alternate character).

Either way, people will be plying this game for some time.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Agreed about the replayability. I was playing with Evolved a few days ago and we were in the temple/cave area, which I hadn't actually played in over a year. Everything felt fresh and exciting, even though I already beat the game like four times. I was actually still impressed by how the environment looked and felt, it was like going through it for the first time.

This also meant that I died twice, but eh who's counting? :)

ksdixon

Good god I HATE Jake's demo campaign! Haven't beaten it yet. What's with those huge lizards which spit acid at you from far away? And the bloody close camera! Despite all of that, I do want to like RE6, and more importantly find-out Sherry's story. So I 'have' to get through Jake's shitty section. Please Help, GAF.

360 gamertag: ksdixon

Evolved1

Good god I HATE Jake's demo campaign! Haven't beaten it yet. What's with those huge lizards which spit acid at you from far away? And the bloody close camera! Despite all of that, I do want to like RE6, and more importantly find-out Sherry's story. So I 'have' to get through Jake's shitty section. Please Help, GAF.

360 gamertag: ksdixon

Well, easiest way to kill the lizards is to stagger them and then do the QTE kill.

Or...... you can just lay on your back and machine gun them to death. Roll when they shoot at you.

Great thing about the RE franchise is depth and replayability. So even after the game is finished, there are still multiple playthroughs on various difficulties and all the extras.

People are still playing RE5... just the campaign! Still.

I'm considering a solo playthrough (probably will do this, and then going co-op for the alternate character).

Either way, people will be plying this game for some time.

Haha, oh, I'm sure of that. First playthrough is the most important one, though!

Evolved1

Haha, oh, I'm sure of that. First playthrough is the most important one, though!

This is truth... and probably why I'll solo the first run. I'm a "walker" in games... look at everything, read everything. Especially RE. And especially first time through. This can be annoying for other people, and I don't like feeling as if I'm wasting someone else's time.

I will marathon the campaigns (three days off!) and then come back here for the co-op.

In the meantime, while an entire continent is playing RE6, I will continue my trek towards RE5 platinum...

Phenomic

Figured I could post this here as well since it was where it belonged technically. My copy is sitting next to me and I'm in US Eastern Time Zone.

I'm down for Campaign first and some mercs afterward probably.

I am looking for someone to potentially run the game with since my friend bailed out for Borderlands 2.

Ps3 Version and I want to follow the story-line playthrough suggestion from Dusk Golem. I can play a lot this weekend and have Sunday off. So while we might not finish the whole game together that's fine too. Details can be worked out if anyone's interested.

I would prefer someone who knows the franchise well and has played all the games too. Someone who doesn't just blow through all the Ammo and can take their time to run around and find stuff. Admittedly, I wasn't that great with the demo controls, but I'm sure I will become more fluid as time goes on. Also I want to play it on hard (professional), but this can also be adjusted if someone isn't down for that

Shoot me a PM if you feel you meet these qualities and want a buddy.

Hey guys. Been playing through Chris campaign with a friend but he won't be available 'til later tomorrow night and I'd like to keep playing this game so I'd like to start up Jake's campaign with someone tomorrow.

I'm going to sleep now, so I'll be available in like 9-10 hours ish. (that'll be 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM PST) and I'll be available for most of the rest of the day.

I've been playing Chris's campaign on Veteran and I think that's a good difficulty to start out, but if you'd like to do Pro I can probably deal with that.

I don't care which character, so you're free to choose. Headset is a must. I don't mind a little talking during cutscenes but not so much that I/we miss everything.

I would prefer not to rush the game also... not that I'm going to spend a huge amount of time looking for emblems and stuff first playthrough but I'd rather not run from checkpoint to checkpoint as fast as possible just trying to beat the game.

I think that about covers everything...

If anyone is interested, my PSN ID is StunandStab, you can send me a message/friend request there, reply to this post, or PM me here or whatever.

Anyway, I am off to bed

Afrocious

I'll be adding everyone on the PSN list once I'm off work tonight.

Anyone on PS3 going to be playing the game after 10pm US Eastern? Would love to do some mercs or finish some campaign chapters.

Evolved1

I'll be adding everyone on the PSN list once I'm off work tonight.

Anyone on PS3 going to be playing the game after 10pm US Eastern? Would love to do some mercs or finish some campaign chapters.

I should be...

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa I was just ranked #5 on High Seas Fortress. XBL: ThatOneChillGuy if anyone wants to play Mercs.

Just added you. My GT is Dance Inferno if anyone ever wants to play either co-op story or Mercs. I kinda want to unlock all the costumes in Mercs so if anyone wants to work towards that let me know. I don't have any of the pre-order maps though.

Nemesis_

Has anyone added me on here recently?

I noticed like, four new adds but none of them are on the RE6 NeoGAF tag.

Noi

Looking to go through Chris' campaign on Professional, preferably as Piers. I'll be emblem hunting at the same time, so you can knock out two birds with one stone!

Ken

I'd like to find people to play Mercenaries with on 360. Not really super competitive though, just playing for fun. GT: Capcpom

I was thinking about it but you're probably too good for me... haha.
Lol, i'll play with anyone. im just playing for a good time, my highscores were all with randoms.

Though once the event starts im going to be pretty serious, I want to see if 'that' character or the retro costumes are the prize.

joe2187

Banned
I'd like to find people to play Mercenaries with on 360. Not really super competitive though, just playing for fun. GT: Capcpom

I'll be up for mercs pretty much all day,

anyone else on 360? hit me up Co-op mercs, whatever GT: joe2187

Top Bottom