• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Community |OT2| Best Fans Ever!

I really didn't. You're the one hung up on the idea that people are speaking as if they should be a single, interwoven title than treating it as what the argument is that it would be: a duel feature like Grindhouse linked by the theme of the Raccoon City incident. By that argument, REmake HD and 0 Remaster should only have been sold separately, despite sharing a disc and common theme to make them good companions.

There were two separate releases that were later offered in a double pack. You're taking about remaking two games into one package at the same time.

Again, REmake was not a 1:1. When REmake 2 is revealed, I guarantee the zapper system won't be the same. If they have a Nemesis campaign or ever touch Nemesis again, the danger moments (which I don't want) and the dodge won't be intact. New areas will be in. Most will likely be altered. New VAs. Additional cinematics and logs. New items and puzzles. Perhaps some even removed. Might only have single scenarios, melding the A and B ones into a 'canon' campaign. And so on.

The only real argument is resources available and what seems best there. If they can't afford to do more than REmake 2, whether that's just the scenarios or the addition of other modes, than fine. Don't Make the game suffer for anything they shouldn't do. If they can do it though and have budgeted for it and planned it, what's the harm? Where does that inherently make either title a lesser game by sharing the same disc/case?

But for the sake of just wishing/wanting such a thing to happen is completely harmless and how it has been presented by most who are arguing for it and those that have in the past are by no means trying to alter or lessen either game by doing so.

But the idea doesn't make sense, as I've highlighted, none of you which you even attempted to address. You need to replay these games, especially RE3, because it's not really the game you seem to think it is.

There were two separate releases that were later offered in a double pack. You're taking about remaking two games into one package at the same time.

But the idea doesn't make sense, as I've highlighted, none of you which you even attempted to address. You need to replay these games, especially RE3, because it's not really the game you seem to think it is.

You've only said it doesn't make sense when treating the games exactly as they are and as if they are a single experience (given your hang ups on the minor, and yes minor, gameplay differences and the odd fixation on the different locations). That seems to be the issue you keep highlighting and that I at least twice have addressed. I'll try one more time to see if it sticks.

And I have replayed 3 two months back and RE2 in December. I know exactly how different they are.

So to your point. You want to treat the games as 1:1 recreations. Maybe a minor tweaks here and there, maybe an extra room slipped in the labs or whatever.
Thing is, I don't want those two games to be 1:1 rehashes. I want them to be remakes, like what was done to 1. I want them to switch the game up, like what they did with Trevor and the Crimson Heads and defense items.

Dodge and crafting can be incorporated into 2 (if even kept at all). 3 could have you take items/move things that could then affect a RE2 save, as brief (but not as inconsequential as you make it out to be) as that area is. Hell, they don't have to interact with each other at all outside of the same call backs that were present in the originals and mixing characters up in a Mercs mode. Benefit is a Raccoon City having the same look and feel, and two games that do indeed compliment each other being available together to get the full mainline experience of that incident. And yes, that does matter to some in seeing that world fleshed out and can see that change to the RPD and city.

Unless you can support that REmake 2 will be an exact replica with a new coating of paint and that Nemesis would be the same case, your gameplay argument has no ground in such a hypothetical. The games themselves outside of Nemesis encounters do not lean enough on those mechanics to be any different as if they weren't there or substituted. It's the same setting, just different streets and buildings. Same disaster. Same type of game. The only concern is budget, and if it's planned, again where is it going to hurt either game? It won't. And of course they aren't just going to turn around and add it in because some bloke on NeoGAF thought of it.

I hope for your sake they don't make RE2 into an over the shoulder/shooter like RE4,5, Revelations, as that would be something that actally would entirely change how RE2 (or 3, CV, Outbreak) would be approached in design and gameplay.

Edit: When it comes down to it, it's only something I want to see happen as someone who was deep in RE thanks to these two titles and how well they really did bounce off each other despite the different approaches. REmake2 is just going to be exactly what it says it is, and hopefully they can pull something off just as amazing as the Trevor subplot and the Crimson Heads.

Jill's only purpose to go into the RPD is to scour for resources. There's no reason for that to be extended.
If they remaking it, they can give her whatever reason they want for being there or staying longer/searching more of it.

Need stop limiting ideas because only imagining original.

Using your argument for REmake the understairs passage is wrong because the caves must lead to the lab, and the forest/cabin area is wrong because we didn't go there in the original.

Mr_Zombie

5 years ago we had a game that tried to put 3 almost completely separated scenarios into one game which heavily affected the quality and overall consistency of the game. And yet now people want Capcom to merge two completely separate *games* (not just scenarios, but games that were different in atmosphere, pacing, mechanics, enemies, themes etc.) into one just because the events from those games took place more or less in the same place and time. Why? Do people really want watered down remakes of both RE2 and RE3?

We're not talking about Capcom in their prime time here; we're talking about Capcom that currently mostly releases ports of their past games, released SFV in a really poor state, can't release a damn RE7 DLC for for months now, and constantly misses the sales targets.

You've only said it doesn't make sense when treating the games exactly as they are and as if they are a single experience (given your hang ups on the minor, and yes minor, gameplay differences and the odd fixation on the different locations). That seems to be the issue you keep highlighting and that I at least twice have addressed. I'll try one more time to see if it sticks.

And I have replayed 3 two months back and RE2 in December. I know exactly how different they are.

So to your point. You want to treat the games as 1:1 recreations. Maybe a minor tweaks here and there, maybe an extra room slipped in the labs or whatever.
Thing is, I don't want those two games to be 1:1 rehashes. I want them to be remakes, like what was done to 1. I want them to switch the game up, like what they did with Trevor and the Crimson Heads and defense items.

Dodge and crafting can be incorporated into 2 (if even kept at all). 3 could have you take items/move things that could then affect a RE2 save, as brief (but not as inconsequential as you make it out to be) as that area is. Hell, they don't have to interact with each other at all outside of the same call backs that were present in the originals and mixing characters up in a Mercs mode. Benefit is a Raccoon City having the same look and feel, and two games that do indeed compliment each other being available together to get the full mainline experience of that incident. And yes, that does matter to some in seeing that world fleshed out and can see that change to the RPD and city.

Unless you can support that REmake 2 will be an exact replica with a new coating of paint and that Nemesis would be the same case, your gameplay argument has no ground in such a hypothetical. The games themselves outside of Nemesis encounters do not lean enough on those mechanics to be any different as if they weren't there or substituted. It's the same setting, just different streets and buildings. Same disaster. Same type of game. The only concern is budget, and if it's planned, again where is it going to hurt either game? It won't. And of course they aren't just going to turn around and add it in because some bloke on NeoGAF thought of it.

I hope for your sake they don't make RE2 into an over the shoulder/shooter like RE4,5, Revelations, as that would be something that actally would entirely change how RE2 (or 3, CV, Outbreak) would be approached in design and gameplay.

Edit: When it comes down to it, it's only something I want to see happen as someone who was deep in RE thanks to these two titles and how well they really did bounce off each other despite the different approaches. REmake2 is just going to be exactly what it says it is, and hopefully they can pull something off just as amazing as the Trevor subplot and the Crimson Heads.

You're putting words into my mouth. Where did I say I wanted 1:1 remakes? I actually specifically said I wanted these games to be extended and made the perfected versions of themselves. So, by definition, I don't just want 1:1 remakes.

I mean, sure, if we want to live in fantasy lala land where Capcom is going to have the means and want to give an unlimited budget to remake two games, extended both of them, and then for some reason sell two full games that are not only fully remade but extended beyond their original scope in one package... okay, why not. But that shit isn't going to happen.

Reknoc

Yeah, I mean, no shit Capcom won't be able to do it, I'm not even convinced that they can do just 2 at the moment. The point is the two games would make sense PACKAGED together not MERGED into some sort of weird ass frakengame, maybe some stuff from 3 could carry over like dodging or bullet crafting, because they take part during the same incident, the same city (yes I get that they're not the same areas outside of a little crossover, but y'all acting like they're in another country or something).

edit: Anyway be as angry as you like, but if a REmake 3 does eventually happen I do not doubt that 2 and 3 will be bundled together later down the line as next gen port or something. Probably not even with REmake and Zero because they will be their own bundle.

kc44135

I'll just chime in here and say that the idea of combining 2 and 3 into one huge game just wouldn't work. The games have completely different mechanics, design, and overall feel. Moreover, it's a disservice to both games which each deserve their own fully fledged REmake. Combining them would take away from both, and likely just make them feel rushed and slapped together. As for I want from REmake 2, fixed camera angles would be at the top of my list.

Reknoc

I think we can all agree that merging games is rarely a good idea.

Although speaking of merging; I was looking up some stuff and found out they merged the two Mercenaries modes in RE5 giving the characters of both vanilla and Reunion for the PS4 release. I'm a little miffed by that, I want it on the PC lol.

Look at RE6 with four campaigns, all linear and constant new areas and people think Capcom cannot do two that rely heavily on backtracking over few areas?

Again, they are very short games by today's standards, frankly a REmake amount of new content at full price would be a rip off. Revelations 2 offers more than RE2 and that was a budget price release.

Mr_Zombie

Look at RE6 with four campaigns, all linear and constant new areas and people think Capcom cannot do two that rely heavily on backtracking over few areas?

I'm looking at RE6 and even though I like the game, there's no denying that Capcom went with quantity over quality there. Sure, you have 4 5-hours scenarios, but each is filled with content of questionable quality and poor texture work.

I would prefer for Capcom to focus on one game, extend and polish it, instead of merging two separate games just because Jill spent few minutes in RPD a day before Leon and Claire.

If they remaking it, they can give her whatever reason they want for being there or staying longer/searching more of it.

Need stop limiting ideas because only imagining original.

Using your argument for REmake the understairs passage is wrong because the caves must lead to the lab, and the forest/cabin area is wrong because we didn't go there in the original.

You clearly aren't following my argument at all if you think that is even close to what I'm saying. I'm not being limiting, you are, because you really don't seem to actually know what locations are in RE3

Yeah, I mean, no shit Capcom won't be able to do it, I'm not even convinced that they can do just 2 at the moment. The point is the two games would make sense PACKAGED together not MERGED into some sort of weird ass frakengame, maybe some stuff from 3 could carry over like dodging or bullet crafting, because they take part during the same incident, the same city (yes I get that they're not the same areas outside of a little crossover, but y'all acting like they're in another country or something).

edit: Anyway be as angry as you like, but if a REmake 3 does eventually happen I do not doubt that 2 and 3 will be bundled together later down the line as next gen port or something. Probably not even with REmake and Zero because they will be their own bundle.

Oh, psst, people aren't arguing remaking 2 and 3 and then bundling them together as evident by the two posters talking about it above. It's almost always about merging the two into one game. Of course, there would be no issue with the two being remade separately and released in some kind of package. Who the hell would be against that?

And mechanics carrying over doesn't matter to the timeline. Why would they? Those things never matter to location.

Again, they are very short games by today's standards, frankly a REmake amount of new content at full price would be a rip off. Revelations 2 offers more than RE2 and that was a budget price release.

And what's the biggest complaint about RE6? That it was rushed and all over the place and lacked a central focus. Not to mention the budget of 6 from 7 was slashed almost in half. I mean, like I said above, if we're going to fantasy world where Capcom is going to give this theoretical hybrid game an unlimited budget that both games can be remade with all their areas extended and polished properly, sure, but anyone expecting that isn't living in reality. Capcom isn't going to do that, and even if they were in the position to do so, they probably wouldn't.

Reknoc

Oh, psst, people aren't arguing remaking 2 and 3 and then bundling them together as evident by the two posters talking about it above. It's almost always about merging the two into one game. Of course, there would be no issue with the two being remade separately and released in some kind of package. Who the hell would be against that?

And mechanics carrying over doesn't matter to the timeline. Why would they? Those things never matter to location.

They don't matter to the timeline, but people are acting like RE3 and RE2 are completely incompatible games and I just don't think that's entirely true. I mean, hell, you could probably make the Mr. X stuff in Scenario B be more like Nemesis if they wanted to. Arkk isn't saying they should be merged, but that they would work as two separate games that could work well together, if I'm reading their posts right.

Dan is but RE6 is a bad example either way, as the campaign for that game was a mess. The idea to have multiple characters in an interwoven story that you get to play from different perspectives isn't inherently bad (like Scenario B and Separate Ways) but RE6's campaign was already kinda tedious so making you repeat a lot of things was not good.

They don't matter to the timeline, but people are acting like RE3 and RE2 are completely incompatible games and I just don't think that's entirely true. I mean, hell, you could probably make the Mr. X stuff in Scenario B be more like Nemesis if they wanted to. Arkk isn't saying they should be merged, but that they would work as two separate games that could work well together, if I'm reading their posts right.

Not completely, but not nearly as compatible as is being portrayed. But mechanics carrying over to sequels and remakes is a no-brainier anyway. I don't even know what the argument is supposed to be about. What do timelines have anything to do with that? Timelines in games have never affected that kind of stuff.

You clearly aren't following my argument at all if you think that is even close to what I'm saying. I'm not being limiting, you are, because you really don't seem to actually know what locations are in RE3

First, this doesn't even make sense, I'm being limiting by suggesting new things and combinations? Sorry but that's literal nonsense.

Second, you need stop repeating this acting like people don't remember the games. I'm willing to bet I own more copies of it than some people in this thread have played it, when trying figure out my playthroughs I lose count in the hundreds.

Plenty of good reasons to combine the games, Lickers showing up when Jill in RPD, Hunters and Drain Deimos on the streets during RE2, Tyrant chasing through rooms like Nemesis, gunpowder system in RE2, streets of RE2 expanded, RPD of RE3 expanded, new shared areas for both, choices in RE3 affecting RE2 the same way shutters did between A/B in RE2.

And more!

Don't need both games sharing 100% the same areas, look at Rev2 to see how a game can use some areas for two campaigns while giving both their own areas. That took place in two different time periods too!

Unless stuck in a 'but original didn't do it' mindset is very easy to combine the games with great benefit to each.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
https://www.facebook.com/CapcomItalia/videos/10155324206849854/

Seems there's some RE news coming on the 13th.
Might be Kayne West related?

---

I'll just say RE2+RE3 isn't a thing and don't get your hopes up for that, though I personally would also add I don't think adding them together would be the best method as it'd take away things they could add and build upon for each game. Adding the two together wouldn't make an overall bigger game like I think some are thinking, it'd probably take away from different areas they could build upon for each game with limited time and resources.

First, this doesn't even make sense, I'm being limiting by suggesting new things and combinations? Sorry but that's literal nonsense.

Second, you need stop repeating this acting like people don't remember the games. I'm willing to bet I own more copies of it than some people in this thread have played it, when trying figure out my playthroughs I lose count in the hundreds.

Plenty of good reasons to combine the games, Lickers showing up when Jill in RPD, Hunters and Drain Deimos on the streets during RE2, Tyrant chasing through rooms like Nemesis, gunpowder system in RE2, streets of RE2 expanded, RPD of RE3 expanded, new shared areas for both, choices in RE3 affecting RE2 the same way shutters did between A/B in RE2.

And more!

Don't need both games sharing 100% the same areas, look at Rev2 to see how a game can use some areas for two campaigns while giving both their own areas. That took place in two different time periods too!

Unless stuck in a 'but original didn't do it' mindset is very easy to combine the games with great benefit to each.

If you own so many copies, you should try replaying one of them another hundred or so time, because you clearly don't remember them since you only name two areas in 3. But you don't really address any of the actual points I've made. Your Rev 2 example shows that, ironically, too, and one of Rev 2's main complaints was its obvious budget constraints.

I'll just say RE2+RE3 isn't a thing and don't get your hopes up for that, though I personally would also add I don't think adding them together would be the best method as it'd take away things they could add and build upon for each game. Adding the two together wouldn't make an overall bigger game like I think some are thinking, it'd probably take away from different areas they could build upon for each game with limited time and resources.

Exactly. I mean, it would be a cool fantasy to have a fully remade and expanded version of RE2 and RE3 as one game, but realistically, if such a thing would happen it would end up with 3/4 of RE3 being cut out and Jill's campaign being merged into RE2's.

If you own so many copies, you should try replaying one of them another hundred or so time, because you clearly don't remember them since you only name two areas in 3. But you don't really address any of the actual points I've made. Your Rev 2 example shows that, ironically, too, and one of Rev 2's main complaints was its obvious budget constraints.

I listed two areas in existing games and stated expansion of them as well as new shared areas. That is all that is needed. Again since your reply indicates you didn't read it, don't need 100% shared areas.

Rev2 was budget price game, where is your point?

And what's the biggest complaint about RE6? That it was rushed and all over the place and lacked a central focus. Not to mention the budget of 6 from 7 was slashed almost in half. I mean, like I said above, if we're going to fantasy world where Capcom is going to give this theoretical hybrid game an unlimited budget that both games can be remade with all their areas extended and polished properly, sure, but anyone expecting that isn't living in reality. Capcom isn't going to do that, and even if they were in the position to do so, they probably wouldn't.

1. I don't get your hostility, but stop acting like you're the only person who has ever played and remember those games. You're being condescending AF over subjective opinion.

2. I, and I believe that other poster, stated multiple times that they didn't want the games merged into one campaign or whatever you believe this is about. Outside of basic mechanics, content mixed in a possible Mercs, and references, they would be their separate experiences.

3. For another of your posts, I and I think others have personally brought up the budget/resources point as being why it wouldn't happen, though we don't know what the ceiling may be. The sole reason it can't happen in fact. Don't act like you're the one who has realised that.

5. My 1:1 take away from you is that you keep bringing up mechanics, despite dodge, zapper, and ammo crafting being the only gameplay separation iirc. Locations don't matter because, again, no one is arguing for a fused experience like RE6 or the RE2 scenarios. So yes, you are primarily arguing about these original factors as if that's exactly how it'll transition to this new game to prevent this dual project.

4. Who said this game would be rushed in the way RE6 would be? The content in RE2 and RE3 combined hardly amounts to two campaigns of RE6, if even one of them with how quick you can clear them.

Seriously, no need to get so pissed off at people having a dream scenario and viewing things different than you. You don't see me telling Jawmuncher or Neff that they never or don't remember playing RE6, even if my thoughts on RE6 don't line up at all outside of Mercs with them.

Tldr: People are dreaming over a game we know nothing about other than it will have some resemblance to RE2, so knock off the hostile and condescending attitude.

Not a Hero? Is a Tuesday...

That's the smart money.

I listed two areas in existing games and stated expansion of them as well as new shared areas. That is all that is needed. Again since your reply indicates you didn't read it, don't need 100% shared areas.

Rev2 was budget price game, where is your point?

Because Rev 2 was largely done the way it was because it shared many of the same areas, which RE2 and RE3 don't, hence the irony.

1. I don't get your hostility, but stop acting like you're the only person who has ever played and remember those games. You're being condescending AF over subjective opinion.

2. I, and I believe that other poster, stated multiple times that they didn't want the games merged into one campaign or whatever you believe this is about. Outside of basic mechanics, content mixed in a possible Mercs, and references, they would be their separate experiences.

3. For another of your posts, I and I think others have personally brought up the budget/resources point as being why it wouldn't happen, though we don't know what the ceiling may be. The sole reason it can't happen in fact. Don't act like you're the one who has realised that.

5. My 1:1 take away from you is that you keep bringing up mechanics, despite dodge, zapper, and ammo crafting being the only gameplay separation iirc. Locations don't matter because, again, no one is arguing for a fused experience like RE6 or the RE2 scenarios. So yes, you are primarily arguing about these original factors as if that's exactly how it'll transition to this new game to prevent this dual project.

4. Who said this game would be rushed in the way RE6 would be? The content in RE2 and RE3 combined hardly amounts to two campaigns of RE6, if even one of them with how quick you can clear them.

Seriously, no need to get so pissed off at people having a dream scenario and viewing things different than you. You don't see me telling Jawmuncher or Neff that they never or don't remember playing RE6, even if my thoughts on RE6 don't line up at all outside of Mercs with them.

Tldr: People are dreaming, so knock off the hostile and condescending attitude.

Now, of course that your point has been taken down, you weren't really meaning it literally, just dreaming lol. I'm not been condescending, it genuinely feels like you guys really don't know RE3 at all. Or most people who come up with this half-baked idea of combining the two games that always floats around whenever the RE2 remake comes u. It's not my fault you can't defend your own point past fantasy land and without being able to reference the material being discussed. I'm not pissed at all either lol, I just know what I'm talking about. *shrug*

Because Rev 2 was largely done the way it was because it shared many of the same areas, which RE2 and RE3 don't, hence the irony.

Now, of course that your point has been taken down, you weren't really meaning it literally, just dreaming lol. I'm not been condescending, it genuinely feels like you guys really don't know RE3 at all. Or most people who come up with this half-baked idea of combining the two games that always floats around whenever the RE2 remake comes u. It's not my fault you can't defend your own point past fantasy land and without being able to reference the material being discussed. I'm not pissed at all either lol, I just know what I'm talking about. *shrug*

What point did you take down? Are you trying to argue I and others work for Capcom development and pitching this in board meetings? Did anyone say "this is how it will be"? No. It's a bloody wishlist/dream/want/pick your euphemism.

And we have 'defended'. Only one ignoring is you so you can continue putting others down.

And we know these games we've played. You don't determine that. You provided no references either, because there's nothing to reference. Games are what they are and we know what we ourselves want from them. No one here is going around telling you that you need to replay them, never have, or are in la la Land.

But yes, telling people they don't remember games they just played, your condescending tone, and much of your content is directed at putting others down because of a silly argument you want it to just be RE2, and some thought it would be interesting to see a RE2 and Nemesis dual feature.

If you want, list your points exactly what they are, without the hot takes and high horse act. Then people can respond directly to them.

Like-so:

1. RE2 and RE3 codeveloped and sold under a single sku under the theme of the Raccoon City incident.

2. Separate experiences. Leon and Claire do their thing, Jill does hers. Shared base mechanics (perspective, movement, dodging/contextual actions)

3. Still unique aspects to each. Zapper should remain intact for 2 . Nemesis pursuer and pathways for 3.

4. References and visual evolution would be the "glue" outside base gameplay. RE2 streets and buildings have burning cars, fresher blood, sounds of chaos. RE3 is more of a broken shell, zombie moans permeating the air. However, these aren't really dependent on each other and have little to do for or against as that would likely be the case in solo packages.

4. Budget is the larger concern, as it is two games. Pre-production work with art teams and coding for basic gameplay can alleviate some of the additional costs, but they are still separate experiences that make it an unlikely scenario.

That's what I've been saying. If you can respond to that without

Edit: I know the areas of RE3. Warehouse, bar, RPD, hospital, clock tower grounds, restaurant, news, , trolley, substation, sales office, park, treatment plant. May have missed some rooms here and there. But O do simplify it to the streets because that was the perspective difference. RE2 was about the secrets under the surface, literally and figuratively. RE3 was about the city itself.

What point did you take down? Are you trying to argue I and others work for Capcom development and pitching this in board meetings? Did anyone say "this is how it will be"? No. It's a bloody wishlist/dream/want/pick your euphemism.

It's pretty obvious when this subject comes up there's is often a serious idea of combining the two together into one game (something you reference in your last paragraph), and know that the point has been widdled down to fantasy, people retreat into 'well, it's just fantasy.' Which is good that you at least realize now how much of a fantasy it is. It's fine to fantasy. I would love total remakes of all MGS games in one package for a single priced game, but I don't really bring it up in conversation, though.

And we have 'defended'. Only one ignoring is you so you can continue putting others down.

Lol, the only one who has even tried to defend the idea is Dan. You have retreated to talking about mechanics, which is fine, but no one would ever argue against that anyway. Merging mechanics is a natural part of sequels and remakes, but that's not the core of what the idea is.

And we know these games we've played. You don't determine that. You provided no references either, because there's nothing to reference. Games are what they are and we know what we ourselves want from them. No one here is going around telling you that you need to replay them, never have, or are in la la Land.

I know I don't determine it, but of all this conversation, none of you have referenced the material. The only parts of RE3 I have seen referenced is the streets and the RPD building, which is generally the only things that get referenced when this idea comes up as if these somehow make the idea perfect. So, maybe you don't need to replay it, but you don't articulate very well how you actually see this idea working.

And me saying the idea is fantasy la la land is bad? That's weird, because within this post, you just dodged the idea by calling it as such:

Did anyone say "this is how it will be"? No. It's a bloody wishlist/dream/want/pick your euphemism.

But yes, telling people they don't remember games they just played, your condescending tone, and much of your content is directed at putting others down because of a silly argument you want it to just be RE2, and some thought it would be interesting to see a RE2 and Nemesis dual feature.

It would be interesting, but not a very good idea for a variety of reasons, which I explained as a rebuttal for why the game should remain a remake of RE2. It's not my fault you guys flopped at arguing your reasons against mine.

Neff

The idea of combining RE2 and RE3 in a remake is beyond ambitious. It's going to take a superhuman effort just to recreate RE2 at the same level as REmake. There's also the fact that RE2 and RE3 share almost nothing besides a few rooms in the RPD. We're talking about two entirely different games.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if they took advantage of being able to tie RE2 into 3 in some new way. And I do think they'll remake 3 if 2 is successful.

RE2 has been in development now for what, a year at least? I feel like at least a trailer is possible. I don't know what is left to port lol

Announced August 2015. So almost two years ago.

PantsuJo

The idea of combining RE2 and RE3 in a remake is beyond ambitious. It's going to take a superhuman effort just to recreate RE2 at the same level as REmake. There's also the fact that RE2 and RE3 share almost nothing besides a few rooms in the RPD. We're talking about two entirely different games.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if they took advantage of being able to tie RE2 into 3 in some new way. And I do think they'll remake 3 if 2 is successful.

Announced August 2015. So almost two years ago.

It takes time to create pre-rendered backgrounds, you know...

Remake 2 is listed here - http://www.e3expo.com/takeover

Will we see something during Sony's conference maybe?

That list is from GameSpot which, to quote:

Rankings for the GameSpot 50 are generated by a proprietary algorithm that measures the interest and engagement in game titles by analyzing the traffic patterns of gamers across the GameSpot Network for the past 30 days. Updated daily at 8am PT.

So GameSpot people just hungry for REmake 2.

kc44135

Remake 2 is listed here - http://www.e3expo.com/takeover

Will we see something during Sony's conference maybe?

That list is from GameSpot which, to quote:

Rankings for the GameSpot 50 are generated by a proprietary algorithm that measures the interest and engagement in game titles by analyzing the traffic patterns of gamers across the GameSpot Network for the past 30 days. Updated daily at 8am PT.

So GameSpot people just hungry for REmake 2.

Damn, got really excited for a sec there. :(

Vibranium

Banned
Maybe we'll see a trailer at PSX 2017. Just show the RPD as a teaser and I'll be satisfied. I believe that the game will release November 2018 at the latest. I'll put money down on Matt Mercer once again returning to voice Leon but the three other main characters will have new VAs yet again for some reason (Ada, Sherry and Claire). That's how Capcom rolls.

EDIT: Also, Alyson Court confirmed she is never coming back to the franchise which makes sense since she already got replaced.

Jawmuncher

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/e3-2017-press-conference-streaming-schedule#e32017sched_showfloor_capcom

Capcom have their own stream schedule for E3 starting at 1 PM today, they stream for two hours today and both are being kept a mystery right now. All of their slots are a mystery except for one for Monster Hunter: Worlds.

I would be very surprised if one segment somewhere wasn't dedicated to Resident Evil 7's DLC, but we shall see.

The 1pm is Marvel. Will keep an eye out if they announce others

Reknoc

The rest of the stream is just somebody from capcom saying why Dragonball Z is a bad franchise and why you shouldn't buy any games based on it.

Speaking of mechanics, should defense items return? Personally the numbers and variety you face in both 2 and 3 lack that personal struggle to just carry it over.

However, I liked there was another option and variety in dealing with attacks, and would love to see unique animations against things other than regular zombies in those moments.

With 3 being mentioned, perhaps the self defense system of REmake can be substituted by a context sensitive dodge system that could be supplemented by something akin to ripostes. Those attacks will still use ammo/resources, so resources management won't be rendered pointless. But it's a light hybrid between the button/move prompt counters of the action games and the resource dependent defense items of REmake, better suiting the emphasis on crowds and movement.

Yeah, I'd be very down for something essentially imitating Onimusha's Issen system and having varying effects depending on your currently equipped weapon (and yeah, designed so that someone couldn't just counterattack their way through the entire game for free non-ammo-consuming damage, UNLESS they had the knife equipped and were willing to take all the risks that come with that approach). No free invincibility frames for dodging, either - if you dodged one enemy straight into another one, you'd get bit.
I really didn't. You're the one hung up on the idea that people are speaking as if they should be a single, interwoven title than treating it as what the argument is that it would be: a duel feature like Grindhouse linked by the theme of the Raccoon City incident. By that argument, REmake HD and 0 Remaster should only have been sold separately, despite sharing a disc and common theme to make them good companions.

Again, REmake was not a 1:1. When REmake 2 is revealed, I guarantee the zapper system won't be the same. If they have a Nemesis campaign or ever touch Nemesis again, the danger moments (which I don't want) and the dodge won't be intact. New areas will be in. Most will likely be altered. New VAs. Additional cinematics and logs. New items and puzzles. Perhaps some even removed. Might only have single scenarios, melding the A and B ones into a 'canon' campaign. And so on.

The only real argument is resources available and what seems best there. If they can't afford to do more than REmake 2, whether that's just the scenarios or the addition of other modes, than fine. Don't Make the game suffer for anything they shouldn't do. If they can do it though and have budgeted for it and planned it, what's the harm? Where does that inherently make either title a lesser game by sharing the same disc/case?

But for the sake of just wishing/wanting such a thing to happen is completely harmless and how it has been presented by most who are arguing for it and those that have in the past are by no means trying to alter or lessen either game by doing so.

Tbh I'd be into structuring RE2/3Make such that you first play RE3 day 1, then play RE2 scenario A, then play RE2 scenario B, then play RE3 day 2 (and afterward unlock The 4th Survivor, Mercenaries, and maaaaaybe a short Ada campaign or something).

I definitely think RE2 and RE3 have so much less revisiting old areas than RE1 does that Crimson Heads wouldn't work, but an expanded zapping system could still create lots of moments where you can choose to make life easier for now in exchange for making it harder later on (or vice versa), and I think that philosophy could apply to RE2 *and* RE3 pretty well.

Kuraudo

Banned
Anyone have the release date for Vendetta on digital? My local cinema is showing it tonight for one performance only--it's not a great day for me though, so trying decide whether to make the trip or just hold off a week or two.

cvxfreak

On June 13, Takanori Tsujimoto, director for Vendetta, and Mamoru Oshii, director of anime films like Ghost in the Shell held a talk during a screening of Vendetta. Oshii left an interesting tidbit on what kind of direction he'd want to take with the next RE CG film if given the offer:

• He'd want it to have more emphasis on female characters
  • It would star Jill
  • Jill would need a partner who can move briskly
  • Helena Harper from RE6 would be a good fit for Jill's partner
  • It would have buddy-elements similar to Vendetta
  • The antagonist would also be female
  • It would be a bloodier film
  • The cast would have either a dog or child/children
  • Motherhood theme would give the characters depth

Jill and Helena would be something, but I can't imagine it being entirely female. Given Leon's popularity in Japan, I think he has a higher chance of being in a 4th film than Chris. And the female villain element makes some sense based on Vendetta's cliffhanger ending.

Can't imagine Jill or Helena being mothers though.

Golnei

I'd be interested in how they approach the Other M of Resident Evil. Still, with those themes, you'd expect him to look at Claire and Sherry first - she even has basis for potential superpowered action choreography.

Top Bottom