• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons |OT| 3D Jill Sandwiches

I had an incredible game of raid mode a few nights ago. I was farming the bonus stage for streetpass hits with my level set to 1 when I decided to clear out a bunch of missions I had for stage 20. I forgot to put my level back up to 50, and when another level 50 player came into the room he noticed and switched his to level 1 too.

We started the mission and it was agony. Our charged Pale Rider shots were chipping away at the first wave of oozes and it just got harder and harder from there. We ended up alternating between one of us crowd controlling with our shotgun/grenades while the other made every magnum and rifle shot count. By the time we finished I had two magnum rounds, half a clip of sniper ammo and nothing else - no shotty, no grenades, no sharp sticks, nothing. It was so satisfying to finish it.

Neiteio

ARGHHHH FUCK FUCK FUCK.

Nearly genocide'd all of Zenobia, Raid Stage 15. Then, while charging a shot, a Hunter decapitates me. Instant death when I was at full health.

I'm not sure if it would've resulted in an S-rank anyway. It took a long time to kill all those enemies...

Well, back to the game, lol. So much fun. :)

olimpia84

In raid mode chapter 8
is it possible to down Rachel before she gets inside the first vent? I've tried to kill her before she does but no dice.

Ridley327

In raid mode chapter 8
is it possible to down Rachel before she gets inside the first vent? I've tried to kill her before she does but no dice.

I don't think you can get their fast enough to catch her before she starts climbing into the vent; at that point, she can't be interrupted. Any vent after that, of course, is fair game.

Anteo

Wow!! Just got this game. Just wow.
Played up to chapter 3, unlocked raid mode. Raid mode is awesome. I like it even more than the mercenaries mode.

In raid mode chapter 8

Me and someone else got her to about half health, I think she was glitched though because she was just standing between us stepping back and forth. couldn't finish her till the end though

tkscz

In raid mode chapter 8

Well,
Depends on what you mean by first vent. If you mean the vent in the room where she died originally, no. She starts off in that vent, and while you can damage her greatly, can't kill her. If you mean the vent after that, yes. I did it with the pale rider.

olimpia84

Well,
Depends on what you mean by first vent. If you mean the vent in the room where she died originally, no. She starts off in that vent, and while you can damage her greatly, can't kill her. If you mean the vent after that, yes. I did it with the pale rider.

I guess I meant the second vent. Cool, I didn't know you could do that. I've tried with a pale rider as well but couldn't finish the deal in time.

Neiteio

mini fast scagdeads in raid mode are hilarious and scary at the same time.
I love the mini-fast Scagdead! So adorable yet terrifying. Always takes top priority as soon as it appears, because I'd hazard to say it's the greatest danger you can face... and yet, the funniest, lol.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I love the mini-fast Scagdead! So adorable yet terrifying. Always takes top priority as soon as it appears, because I'd hazard to say it's the greatest danger you can face... and yet, the funniest, lol.

like a child hyber on sugar!!

Insaniac

This game is really making me consider buying that 3DS larger battery. Can't get enough Raid mode!

Also Gyro controls are best controls

edit: one question, the character models you look at when in raid mode character select, are those in game models or higher quality ones?

Toge

mini fast scagdeads in raid mode are hilarious and scary at the same time.

they one hit kill you too!

Hmm, so what went wrong? Accuracy and damage wasn't too bad. Time? We split up, how is this supposed to get any faster?

We went the long way around though. I'm not doing it again though, getting S on it first time was stressful enough :p

This game is really making me consider buying that 3DS larger battery. Can't get enough Raid mode!

edit: one question, the character models you look at when in raid mode character select, are those in game models or higher quality ones?

Game models.

I wish I could get a larger battery, but they all involve making the 3DS bigger, and I have a CPP.

MooMoo

Finally finished the campaign last night. A few opinions:

1. I didn't really like any of the boss fights in this game. The only memorable/fun ones were
the mayday guy and the final boss
. The one I especially hated was
the stupid giant tentacle boss towards the end of the game. I felt like the POV was retarded and I had an unusually hard time aiming at those tentacles during that section. I also feel like it should have followed suit of RE5 (can't remember if RE4 had it) where I should have been prompted to dodge if I was about to be slammed by a tentacle.
2. I really hate the stupid jelly screen of doom when you're nearing death. I especially hated how it worked when underwater. If I'm nearing death while swimming, I should be able to see where the hell I'm going so I can avert death. It wasn't a huge problem, but it was definitely annoying. Oh and thanks Capcom for telling me that I'll die if I don't have air; always a nice thing to know :p
3. While I like the episodic nature of the game, as I progressed further into the game I didn't care so much for the constant switching around between characters. I guess it just killed the sense of character progression.
4. I'm not quite sure how I feel about how the upgrade system works. My guns never felt stronger, but consciously I knew they were lol. I think it's a neat idea though.
5. Graphics, music, and overall production values are top notch. Can't wait to get Raid Mode started!
6. Not sure what other people thought, but I liked every single plot twist that happened :3

All in all, an awesome game. I've only played a bit of Raid Mode and I like what I've played of it so far. Certainly up there with Mercenaries mode although I personally hope that neither become superseded by the other.

GeekyDad

Copy just arrived from Best Buy. Now to replay the first three chapters...

Don't mind, though. I kinda wanted to see if I could go back and scan for stuff in the earlier chapters.

EDIT: BTW, just noticed I got a misprinted copy: Revelaitions. Yay, a collector's item. :p

Neiteio

They seem to be higher quality versions of the game models, in that they have fully animated faces when you view them in the model viewer, whereas in-game their faces don't animate. It's all real-time, though.

Toge

2Krcd.jpg

First of many i hope!

Desiato

Anyone know what the hell one is supposed to do in Raid Mode Stage 14? Is there even someone willing to help me out?

Friend code is 0387-8735-0931

So replaying the campaign and doing the no herb run. Quick question though
On my first play through I never did the pool draining thing. I made sure to do it as soon as I could this time. My question is how long until I can go back and go in the pool?

Edit: Forget it found out!But you can't do a no herb run and scan all enemies run at the same time.

Toge

So replaying the campaign and doing the no herb run. Quick question though
On my first play through I never did the pool draining thing. I made sure to do it as soon as I could this time. My question is how long until I can go back and go in the pool?

next episode

Anth0ny

Not sure if this is normal, but the game is hitting 0 fps when I'm on an elevator. The framerate has been pretty bad so far.

"That was the last working elevator!"

This game is trolling me :x

Sorry that I haven't played in the last days. Have been busy with lots of fun stuff (like a tasting of various coffee blends^^) I'll be available on monday though, and I'm looking forward to finally play with GAF. LV 50 btw, so I'm up for all challenges^^

So far I'm having a blast. Bought the game on Thursday but held on untill today to finally play it, when I finally found a CPP in a london store. Seems to be sold out in most places.
Currently in Chapter 3, dealing with
the fat bosslike creature that reveals himself once you shoot down the door lock

I foolishly bought this game earlier today (foolish because I am out of money), and holy fuck I am loving it. RE4 and RE5 are the only games in the franchise I've sunk a legitimate amount of time into, and so I'm very much enjoying the slower more haunting atmosphere of this title. I had to order the CCP because fuck you Gamestop, but even without CCP at the moment the game still controls great. I'm on Chapter 2, I hope the game at least maintains the quality so far.

God I love my 3DS so much. I can already tell this system has a real shot of becoming my favorite gaming system ever

hatchx

Banned
The more I play RAID more, the more I freakin' love it.

Basically it is the entire game co-operative (so I'd argue the game does have a co-op mode) but with a spin that gives it insane replay value. Plus it's so hardcore. Tons of enemies.

So far I'm having a blast. Bought the game on Thursday but held on untill today to finally play it, when I finally found a CPP in a london store. Seems to be sold out in most places.
Currently in Chapter 3, dealing with
the fat bosslike creature that reveals himself once you shoot down the door lock

The comm officer ooze screaming "Mayday! Mayday! This is the Queen Zenobia.." as the door rattles is the most chilling moment I've experienced in a resident evil game since RE2.

I am now on my third Campaign playthrough after getting distracted mightily by Raid mode. Decided to go for a no herb run on Casual and after putting hours into this evening I am exactly half way through and still on track! :D

Oh and I keep forgetting to say but has anyone ever jumped at their own shadow in this game? There is a stretch of corridor on the way to see a certain young lady where one's shadow is really noticeable because of the flashes of lightning coming through the outside window. I have jumped at my own shadow more than once here! Even bloody Parker made me jump earlier by suddenly appearing unexpectedly and yelling "Jill! Are you alright?!" :x Yes, I bloody am! Stop making me jump! Oh and go and do the dishes!

RedSwirl

Final boss is actually kinda tough. Really bad part is that if you realize you didn't bring the best weapons, you can't re-equip since the game autosaves.

Top Bottom