• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Neiteio

You can't. Countdown and Invisible Enemy mode have set difficulties. Countdown is locked to Normal and Invisible Enemy is locked to Survival. You also can never use the Bonus Weapons on them since you're locked out of the workbench.
Whoa! That sounds really tough. :-\

I'm just eager to replay the whole campaign in one straight shot. So far I've played each episode several times, but not all in one straight shot. :)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, the difference is....this was possible in RE1 because you could avoid most of the enemies. In RER2 (or every RE after 4) you have no choice (most of the time), you must fight them. Nah, nope :p

You can actually run past a surprisingly large amount of stuff in this game.

eshwaaz

Is Casual mode actually easy? I'm interested for the atmosphere, setting and story, but I'm not looking for a challenge with this game.

Manu

Protip for those with PS3 and PS4 versions: They have separate trophy lists.

Protip #2: The PS3 version is glitchy as hell.

SeanTSC

You can actually run past a surprisingly large amount of stuff in this game.

I think you can technically run past everything except:
Neil, Alex, the first Vulcanblubber encounter, Pedro (but you have to kill with Barry if you skip him), the Zombie waves right before Pedro, and the room before you take the final elevator down to Alex. Not sure if you can skip the first claw guy fight where you get the generator for the first time in Barry's Ep 3, but you can the second time.

Also skipping the stuff in the Sluice Gates in Barry Ep 3 would be difficult, but possible.

Most other stuff is pretty easily skippable due to doors stopping things in their tracks. You can actually bullshit a lot of Stealth Kill Medals this way.

fionel

Just started episode 4. Does it have approximately the same length as the other episodes? Wanna finish it before Bloodborne comes out!

SeanTSC

Just started episode 4. Does it have approximately the same length as the other episodes? Wanna finish it before Bloodborne comes out!

Claire's is 20 minutes tops unless you're looking for collectibles, 10 when you know what you're doing. Barry's is about the same length as Barry's Episode 3, but better paced.

Ugh, PS3 version started lagging in episode 4 Barry. Picture is freezing for little under a second after every few hits or other occurances. Is there a patch for this version? If so, how big?

Still kept playing though, episode 4 was amazing. Got the bad ending though, so I'll have to go back.

Neiteio

Ugh, PS3 version started lagging in episode 4 Barry. Picture is freezing for little under a sec after every few hits or other occurances. Is there a patch for this version? If so, how big?

Still kept playing though, episode 4 was amazing. Got the bad ending though, so I'll have to go back.
Oh man, if you thought Ep 4 was amazing with the bad ending, I'll be interested to hear what you think of Ep 4 with the much more involving good ending. :)

klee123

I'm not sure if non PS4 users are having issues with RE.net, but what I've experienced is really getting on my nerves.

Ever since RE.net support launched, not only extra time is needed to establish the synch, but 8 times out of 10 for me, the connection doesn't to work and I end up waiting for around 2 minutes for the game to finally tell me that RE.net is not available.

Capcom needs to fix their shit up.

Neiteio

EEK!

Just when I thought I had seen all the nightmare fuel this game has to offer, I encounter this in Raid. I'll just post the links since the character I'm using is a spoiler:

http://abload.de/img/residentevilrevelatiowbsa8.jpg
http://abload.de/img/residentevilrevelatio14sem.jpg
http://abload.de/img/residentevilrevelatiogssxf.jpg

Also, for you Moira lovers out there:

residentevilrevelatiodmsvq.jpg

residentevilrevelatiorps0r.jpg

I just noticed her Urban Ninja outfit gives her blue eyes. o_O

Ralemont

not me
What are you talking about? I'm not reading "way too much" into anything.

The text flatout says that once Ada achieves her "true purpose", she will betray anyone and everyone even though it's completely worthless to do so (since she already DID get what she want) in one translation whereas the other it states that she would betray someone ONLY IF it means getting closer to achieving her "true purpose."

Since you insist on being nitpicky, no, that's not what it says. The first statement only comments on her willingness to betray if it benefits her goal. It doesn't say anything about an unwillingness to betray outside of her goal.

In other words, double check your if > then symbolic logic statements, or don't read so much into it to defend your heroine. :p

Jharp

What the fuck at that ending.

Moira's dead, Claire's in the hospital, Natalia is basically dead and now possessed by Alex Wesker, and god knows how Barry's going to get out of that pickle. Goddamn cliffhangers.

Seriously, what the fuck.

I suppose I should play the episodes.

Also, does anyone else feel there's a supreme lack of costumes in Raid? Claire, Barry, and Moira have three as far as I can tell, and no one else has any, unless I'm missing something or remembering incorrectly. Are they going to try to sell them as DLC?

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

Moira's dead, Claire's in the hospital, Natalia is basically dead and now possessed by Alex Wesker, and god knows how Barry's going to get out of that pickle. Goddamn cliffhangers.

Also, does anyone else feel there's a supreme lack of costumes in Raid? Claire, Barry, and Moira have three as far as I can tell, and no one else has any, unless I'm missing something or remembering incorrectly. Are they going to try to sell them as DLC?

lol.
that's the bad ending. there's a better, good ending for this game too.

Neiteio

No, you should replay and get the good ending.

To get the good ending, during the boss of Claire's Episode 3, when he has Claire pinned, switch to Moira and crawl forward. Keep crawling forward until
Moira picks up the gun and shoots Neil

Now jump straight to Barry's Episode 4 and beat it again for the true final boss fight, the good ending, and the post-credits epilogue.

Trust me, you haven't seen anything yet.

Also, Claire has
__four__
costumes total.

SeanTSC

You got the Bad Ending. Good Ending is amazing and really easy to change to it.

Jharp

Oh cool, I'll get on that. Is it as simple as replaying those two episodes?

Also, I remembered when that happened after that boss fight and I somehow fucking knew it would change something. I should have just gone back then. Goddammit.

SeanTSC

Also, I remembered when that happened after that boss fight and I somehow fucking knew it would change something. I should have just gone back then. Goddammit.

Yep, super simple. Replay Claire Ep 3, use Moira instead, Quit when the episode is finished. Then hop on over to Barry Ep 4 and beat it again. That's all you need to do.

Neiteio

Yep.

In Claire's Episode 3, just run past everyone. Go from puzzle room to puzzle room. And again, when you get to the boss, and when the boss pins Claire, switch to Moira, and crawl forward to have Moira
shoot Neil

Then skip straight to Barry's Episode 4 and play through it again.

I'm eager to hear your impressions of the good ending, because it's SO GOOD.

Jharp

Does shooting Neil with Moira change anything regarding Moira getting crushed in the rubble during the self destruct escape?

Neiteio

Does shooting Neil with Moira change anything regarding Moira getting crushed in the rubble during the self destruct escape?
She overcomes her fear of guns, so she overcomes fear in general. When she's caught under the rubble, the virus adapts to her and ends up saving her life. And in "The Struggle," one of the extra episodes, we learn Evgeny is able to extract her from the rubble.

I won't say anymore, though. What happens is so, so, SO GOOD.

SeanTSC

Yep.

In Claire's Episode 3, just run past everyone. Go from puzzle room to puzzle room. And again, when you get to the boss, and when the boss pins Claire, switch to Moira, and crawl forward to have Moira
shoot Neil

Then skip straight to Barry's Episode 4 and play through it again.

I'm eager to hear your impressions of the good ending, because it's SO GOOD.

And play on Casual to make it faster if you really want to rush it. Less enemies. You can literally skip every enemy in that chapter except the Boss Fight if you want. Though there's a couple that it's easier to just kill them (Meat conveyor room, Vulcanblubber in the sewers).

Also, you don't have to have played through a difficulty to select any chapter in it. If you've gone through the whole game on Normal you could load straight to Survival Ep 4 or Casual Ep 2 if you wanted to.

ScouserPants

Neo Member
I can read reviews till I pass out, but I want GAFs opinion.

Is this game worthy of my money? I loved RE 1-4. 5 was okay. 6 was absolutely terrible. I'm working my way through Revelations 1 right now and I feel it's the best RE title since 4.

Neiteio

I can read reviews till I pass out, but I want GAFs opinion.

Is this game worthy of my money? I loved RE 1-4. 5 was okay. 6 was absolutely terrible. I'm working my way through Revelations 1 right now and I feel it's the best RE title since 4.
Here's what GAF had to say... The following are from the last few pages of the OT — note that I consolidated multiple posts from the same poster unless they were in response to someone else:

Did you see the ending? What a great send off for an RE fan.

(massive ending spoilers)When
Claire came up in the helicopter I was all:
zrqlP.gif

And then
Barry did his badass let me handle shit thing and I was all:
RJ2pl.gif

That post sums it up sir. Holy shit best one since RE2 IMO. That last stretch and climax was absolutely godlike.

(Separate post) This game was so great. Not enough good things to say about it. Definitely going to replay it a lot and really get into raid.

(Separate post) RE2 is still my favorite but this one has the best plot in the series IMO. It was very well done. I liked everything about it. This game also elevated Claire from being my favorite female character in a game to something downright untouchable :p

The villain was amazing.

Totally worth the $25 if you plan to buy it digitally. Definitely one of my favorite installments of Resident Evil. The episodic format works wonderfully, and each episode brings something new to the table as you're progressing through the campaign.

Story was very well done, especially towards the end!

Has just the right amount of cheese, and feels like a love letter to Resident Evil fans.

Welp just finished Ep 4. Decided to jump into Claire Ep 2 Invis Mode and...this will be interesting.

Thoughts on the campaign:

+The best story in a Resident Evil game. I know, I know, not saying much. But still, they really got me to care about Barry looking for Moira, and his conversations with Natalia just made him such a convincing dad. Moira is great, too, with the best lines in the game.
"Come through that glass and you'll see me choke a God."
And that ending, wow, they nailed it, right down to the ridiculous one-liners. Epic epilogue. Claire is the greatest.

+Good atmosphere for most of the game. Small amounts of enemies and limited ammunition meant constantly searching the environment with Moira/Natalia for ammo. This slows the playthrough down and brings the locales more to the forefront, which added to the mood.

+ Claire's story affecting Barry's story and having a few different endings felt like old-school Resident Evil.

+ Partners were well integrated to nearly every aspect of the game. I was almost constantly switching back and forth to make use of the strengths of each, which is how it should be.

- Some of the area gimmicks were more annoying than fun. Wasn't a huge fan of the box conveyer belting or the toxic gas countdowns

- Despite my praise above, partners were not well integrated into the boss fights. Mostly they just lagged behind you and got swatted by the boss, which leads to just sticking them in a corner somewhere hoping they don't die. The only exception here is Moira's usefulness against the Ep 3 boss.

- No decapitations from headshots? Come on, mang. Gunplay in general was average at best.

All in all, most single-player fun I've had since RE4. Interested to see how this plays coop as that's how I played 5 and 6.

That ending was amazing. What a game!

If you're still considering a purchase, go for it. Revelations 2 is the best RE in a long time.

Ep4 is being downloaded at home, while I'm stuck at work with 7 more hours to go...

This game is the only game in a while, that i can't wait to finish, so i can play the whole thing again.

Even as a RE fan, i think it's too good.

My top 5 atm: RE4>REmake>Rev2>RE2>RE6.

Who would have thought this would be one of the best Resident Evil games? XD

So this game turned out to be utterly fantastic.

Capcom have swayed me back to the side of Resident Evil

Ending was great. This game turned out way better than I thought it would be and I've had tons of fun.

holy shit i really wish this game got a real budget even more because once again almost all of my issues with the gameplay/designs stem from the budget/console limitation. their heart is definitely in the right place and it shows during the highs of the episode, easily.

also the extra eps have incredible dialogue. play them on casual if you have to because they are great

Awesome game, enjoying the extra stuff you get in raid mode with episode 4, too bad about no online.

Got the good end and saw the bad one on youtube. Awesome game, easily the best RE since RE4. Recommend for everyone to get a copy, it's worth easily the 25 dollars.

Finally finished episode 4....damn this game was so good. Best RE in years, and ranks among one of my favs.

Man what a great game. I'm really glad I decided to buy it. Barry's Episode 4 was nearly RE4-level good.

Also, Moira is love. Never thought I'd like her as much as I did, but she's seriously one of my favorite RE characters now.

This is my new favorite RE game after RE4. Man, it's so good.

I decided to replay Chapter 3 Claire to get the good ending before even playing through the bad ending. Having seen both endings now, I'm glad I did, as the bad ending
is really just a cutscene that is easily watchable on Youtube.

Anyone complaining about the value of this package is INSANE. Sure, you could like or not like it, but the bang for the buck is astronomical. A nice long campaign plus a Raid mode that's a lot of fun, the entertainment value per dollar is up there even if you never touch the Raid mode.

And that good ending?
I thought I was at the end, opened a door and WTF I'M BACK IN A MANSION DEAR GOD CAPCOM I LOVE YOU.
So good.

You know, around episode 1&2 I was loving the game but thinking this was a b-team game meant to fill a void until 7 releases this Winter or next.

However after episodes 3 & 4 I want anyone involved in a major way(scenario, writers, script/English localization, etc) on the next main game.

Just finished episode 4. Such a damn good ending (
well, the good one, at least
). Cheesy and satisfying like a true RE game. Overall, it was a great package, and while I was hoping for more Claire/Moira gameplay in the final episode, the whole experience definitely puts Revelations 2 among the best RE games in my book (so next to REmake, RE2 and RE4).

I'm playing Episode 4 and wow, this game is very good. Best RE since RE 4 for sure.

Barry's episode 4 is just perfect. My goodness that was great.

MANSION!!!!!!

Got the good ending, just simply amazing. This is easily the best 25$ I'm gonna spend all year, it's hard to see any other game at this price give me so much hours of awesome content. Already have 47 hours into the game so far, and that's nothing considering I've only gone through the campaign once and am only about halfway through raid stuff.

Honestly... as of right now this is my current Game of the Year. I'm sure Bloodborne is gonna be in the running for me as well (I love Souls games), but of every game I've played so far this year, this is easily the best.

Probably my 4th favorite Resident Evil game now with REmake > RE2 > RE4 > REREV2 > RE5 > RE:CV > RE3 > REV1 > RE6

Claire's chapter 3 was amazing. Best monster design for a boss in awhile. The puzzles were awesome even if they didn't make you think too much. All the events that happened were great.

I'm surprised how good this has been so far. It's not exactly classic style RE but it's the closest it has been in forever. Def feels a bit like RE4 and Veronica mixed together.

Well I finished today. I managed to get "The worst possible outcome" ending. Yeah, the bad ending, but that made me chuckle a bit. I did check out the good ending, though, and it was lovely. That said, the bad ending wasn't without interest..

But my heart is content, being a fan of the series since 1996, this really was a surprise for me, I always look forward to RE titles, but more often than not my expectations are low. I actually said to myself "best RE since 4" during episode 3, and it genuinely made me warm and fuzzy when I saw others saying the same. What with this and Remaster, the series is starting to look more... healthy. I hope 7 don't throw it all down the drain.

Great game.

This game was a huge surprise. I don't know what I was expecting from it, but I definitely wasn't anticipating it being the best Resident Evil game in a decade.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Easily worth $25

Finished the main campaign, got the bad ending, will get the good one tomorrow along with both bonus episodes. Really enjoyed the campaign.

Finished it. Friggin' loved the ending and the boss fight.

It was just awesome. That perfect blend of awesome and cheese, they nailed it.

Moira really grew on me, started playing the struggle right after the ending sequence and I can already tell I'll like her even more after this.

This game is fantastic from start to finish, all those throwbacks to classic RE, especially in the last episode, I was smiling all the way through it.

Even though I was one of the few that had faith in this game, I'm simply blown away by how well it turned out, no RE fan should miss this.

(Separate post) I love this game so much, I just can't get enough of it, love the gameplay, the enemies, the atmosphere and art direction, the characters (both how they handled the old and the new, Moira rocks), the way things you do with one character changes stuff for the other, the boss fights, the game is pure awesome.

Finished Episode 4 earlier and just wrapped up the bonus episode "The Struggle". I got the good ending and I loved the game. I really enjoyed the episodic format. I wish Claire's part in part 4 was longer though. All in all a fantastic game and I've been loving raid mode.

Just beat the game, OMG the fan service. I am in RE fan heaven right now, the entire final section is just RE porn!!!! I was cheering, I was giddy, Barry I love you!

What an amazing game, what this dev team did with limited resources is ridiculous. They need to be handling RE from here on out.

Finally beat the game with the good ending. Absolutely LOVED the ending. Everything was perfect. Man I am on such a high right now. I haven't enjoyed a resident evil game this much in a very long time.

I really hope that RE7 hits the same notes this game does. Better yet, just give this team the reins on RE7.

I have gone years not caring about the story in RE games, the combat gameplay was enough to keep my love going. But I used to be super hardcore into the story. Tonight I feel like let myself enjoy a RE story again like I did so many years ago, it feels so good. I love these charcters, I love this universe, feels good to care about the characters again.

Feonix I am on a high too, how can I go to bed. I need to cause work but if I didn't work I would be playing the game all night.

I'm really happy to see so many positive comments about the game, particularly the story.

I agree 100%

This may be my 3rd favorite RE game behind RE4 and REmake.

Is there a Resident Evil community thread? Someone really needs to make one if there's not one it's been awesome seeing people soo excited about the series!

Finished a moment ago. Loved, loved, LOVED the ending. The last twenty minutes were pure, escalating awesome.

The dialogue, the fanservice, the cheese. This game is a love letter to everything Resident Evil. I'm so, so happy with the ending.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| The Best RE Since 4 Unless Your Name Is Jim Sterling

Beat the game with good ending just now and that was so damn good. Fantastic game, glad I picked it up.

Finished ep4 last night, with good ending. I stick to my opinion of Rev2 being my third best RE after RE4 and REmake.

Still have to do the two bonus episodes, and then i'll replay the whole thing again.

Also played on PC and had zero issues.

I just started the game and I'm loving it so far.

Resident Evil Revelations 3 when? Haven't had so much fun with an RE game in a while.

Revelations 3? Fuck that, just give RE7 to these guys. And a lotta more money.

Yeah this is one of the best Resident Evils I've ever played. That whole end scene with Barry
walking away from the helicopter with the slow motion and the one liners,
fuck I don't think I've had as big a smile on my face playing a game once this gen. Best game I've played on my PS4.

Revelations 3 please.

this is the best resident i've played since re4

Yep, *easily* the best since RE4 for me too.

And I've put a time into it, going above and beyond Platinum. S Ranking every difficulty, even S Ranking Invisible and Countdown. Getting every single Record. I just fucking love this game.

This is my first RE game. I started on the easiest difficulty to get used to it and recommend it. I'll probably re play on the hardest now, it's good enough to play twice and short enough to.

Nearly everything about this game is like a RE love letter to me. Just had an absolute blast playing the episodes every week (playing each chapter at 8pm; took about an hour for my first play throughs. It was really like watching a campy TV show.).

Im going to just say it,
This was the best Resident Evil since REmake.

Holy shit, episode 1 was great. If RE5 or Evil Within
or RE4
were like this, the world would've been a better place. This feels much more like the natural evolution of survival horror than all the others (within the realm of modern gaming).

Just finished the campaign. Unfortunately I got the bad ending.

That being said, this is definitely one of the better Resident Evil games. I still like RE4 and RE5 more but this one is about as close in quality as RE5 IMO.

8/10

15 minutes in, and this already shits all over Rev 1. I remember people calling that game a return to form, but it was pretty much RE5/6 Lite, now with less explosions and terrible gunplay.

I'm still on chapter 2, but I'm feeling this is the RE everybody wanted for years. The reviews are a little puzzling.

I seriously love this fucking game. It feels like a damn steal for $25. I just finished it tonight and I assume I got the good ending. Barry and Moira have the best lines. Full cheese mode.

My god the ending is amazing. I think this is the best ending in any resident evil game.

This is surprising much better then the last 3 RE games.

Revelations 2 is the best Resident Evil game since RE4

Finally finished the episode, & man, this is the Resident Evil game that I've needed. I've been close to walking away from the franchise the past couple of years, but this has been such a surprise. Exploration, light puzzles, different ways to approach stuff, a story I'm actually interested in... even running out of inventory space (stupid unstackable cloth).

Feels great to be excited about Resident Evil, man.

ScouserPants

Neo Member
Here's what GAF had to say... The following are from the last few pages of the OT — note that I consolidated multiple posts from the same poster unless they were in response to someone else:

Well then. Looks like I'll power through Revelations 1 and pick up 2 as soon as I can.

Thanks man!

Neiteio

Well then. Looks like I'll power through Revelations 1 and pick up 2 as soon as I can.

Thanks man!
I really liked Rev 1, but Rev 1 was designed to be a handheld title. Rev 2 was definitely designed with consoles in mind. I think you'll find it quite liberating in many respects. :)

ScouserPants

Neo Member
I really liked Rev 1, but Rev 1 was designed to be a handheld title. Rev 2 was definitely designed with consoles in mind. I think you'll find it quite liberating in many respects. :)

Hmmm, good point. I keep forgetting it was on DS before everything else. Now I'm getting excited!

Xemnas89

Does anyone know the name of the theme that plays in episode 4 when
You first get to the mansion? Had a nice creepy horror vibe that I loved.

Grabbed the retail version last friday and got through Episode 1 with Claire and Barry and Episode 2 last with Claire only. Playing on Survival difficulty which I have to admit seems to strike a perfect balance but damn some of the bigger enemies take some real punishment. I personally like to kill all enemies in a level and so far it is on par with The Evil Within when it comes to resource management. You're basically left with a couple of bullets for each weapon which means you're only allowed to miss a couple of shots here and there so I would be careful about conserving ammo and making the most of your herbs (do not use these on partner characters....only on Claire and Barry as the younger girls regen health if left alone). Also it seems like a 2-3 hit kill from most enemies so these two factors make the game really tense meaning the environments and encounters pack a lot more punch and contributes to helping the game live up to it's survival horror roots.

So i'm quite enjoying it so far. The game does feel a bit cheap in some places - lots of clipping and very average graphics (wtf is up with the back of Natalia's head?!) but the atmosphere and lighting more than make up for it (as it did with The Evil Within). Awesome spooky locales with a great use of scarce lighting sources that sets the mood perfectly. The graphics and textures are quite simple but they get the job done quite well imo.

Pretty dissapointed there is basically no online features. I thought the main campaign and Raid mode were both online co-op but it looks like these features will come out on 31st March. A bit misleading advertising this stuff before it is ready imo because I remember a lot of the buzz around this game being in the online stuff. As such I think the Raid mode although fun is quite useless.....really don't see the point of running around by yourself shooting stuff when you are completely overpowered. Would be much better to have 4 people all guns blazing, making a stand etc etc. Basically Left 4 Dead but Resident Evil....but yea don't know why I thought they might try for something a little bit fun and interesting with the Raid mode, again I distinctly remember people chatting about Raid mode being co-op but for the time being this feature seems to have been conjured up in peeps dreams.

All in all a goodsingle player game but anyone looking for co-op would be best advised to wait it out. Also $89 AUS is VERY expensive imo, I would not pay this price again knowing all I got were a few outfits (a couple of real skimpy ones for Claire and Moira) and characters for Raid mode (currently a useless mode imo). You'd would be much better off downloading all the chapters individually as they might wear a bit thin by the time you get to Episode 4. The retail version also came with 2 extra chapters, I don't know how long these are and if they are playable with both Claire and Barry but with Bloodborne coming out in a couple of days I would be surprised if I ever get to even try these out. The game seemed to get better the more I played it with Episode 2 having some real classic RE moments like extra characters tagging along (love this in games, makes the world feel poulated and gives you some much needed help/backup) and much better environments for encouters and exploring.

About a 7 - 7.5 from me, but could go higher the more I play it. The variety in content is actually very good so i'd imagine it can only get better the more I play it. Gunplay feels very solid also and the punishing difficulty is definately one for oldskool fans.

Atrarock

She overcomes her fear of guns, so she overcomes fear in general. When she's caught under the rubble, the virus adapts to her and ends up saving her life. And in "The Struggle," one of the extra episodes, we learn Evgeny is able to extract her from the rubble.

I won't say anymore, though. What happens is so, so, SO GOOD.
The virus adapts to her?
Where exactly is that said? I must have glossed over it or something.

Neiteio

Hey ugh_the_boot, not sure how you were playing Raid, but you won't feel overpowered if you aim for the five medals, which require you to 1) lower your level to the recommended level, 2) never use herbs, and 3) defeat all the enemies (even if the exit appears earlier). You have to do all of the above in one run to get all five medals. Trust me, it gets tough.

ffdgh

The virus adapts to her?
Where exactly is that said? I must have glossed over it or something.

It's not outright said but you'll notice that her bracelet was completely red during the intro of the struggle chapter yet she never mutated.

Atrarock

I'm not sure if it's said outright or implied, or in the files or whatever, but I recall people discussing it in the spoiler thread here.
I wouldn't be against it, I mean...

She was
rather high in a tower about to explode
and suddenly she's....well, in someone's bed with
a bracelet that never changed.

It's not outright said but you'll notice that her bracelet was completely red during the intro of the struggle chapter yet she never mutated.
And you said it right after I did. But that is a rather important detail to notice. It's the little things in life, ya know?

AdaWong

Since you insist on being nitpicky, no, that's not what it says. The first statement only comments on her willingness to betray if it benefits her goal. It doesn't say anything about an unwillingness to betray outside of her goal.

In other words, double check your if > then symbolic logic statements, or don't read so much into it to defend your heroine. :p

Oh, so when i reply back, i'm insisting on being nitpicky, but when someone else does, they're not?

And I'm not defending my "heroine." I couldn't care less about defending anyone, as it's not about that anyways. It's an error and i showed it. :p

Hey ugh_the_boot, not sure how you were playing Raid, but you won't feel overpowered if you aim for the five medals, which require you to 1) lower your level to the recommended level, 2) never use herbs, and 3) defeat all the enemies (even if the exit appears earlier). You have to do all of the above in one run to get all five medals. Trust me, it gets tough.

Haven't used a single herb or missed any enemies. Not sure what you mean by 'lowering your level' because I started from the begining with a newly made character....although I was using Hunk (who had less skills unlocked but more weapon slots which were useless because you only start with 2 guns). I'm sure it will get harder but it just seems kinda pointless for me atm. I much prefer to have some sort of story going along with the proceedings, although I can appreciate if it is basically a more fleshed out version of the Mercenaries mode. Again will be so much better with co-op and heres hoping there are more than just 2 players (would be awesome with 4 or more).

Also what is it with the extra skimpy outfits for Claire and Moira? I don't remember Resident Evil being this heavy on the fanservice or maybe the graphics were never good enough for it to be distracting? I'm constantly telling myself to not stare at the girls butts as the run around lol....and no way am i changing the outfits back to defaults, they're way too good.

Neiteio

Haven't used a single herb or missed any enemies. Not sure what you mean by 'lowering your level' because I started from the begining with a newly made character....although I was using Hunk (who had less skills unlocked but more weapon slots which were useless because you only start with 2 guns). I'm sure it will get harder but it just seems kinda pointless for me atm. I much prefer to have some sort of story going along with the proceedings, although I can appreciate if it is basically a more fleshed out version of the Mercenaries mode. Again will be so much better with co-op and heres hoping there are more than just 2 players (would be awesome with 4 or more).
Each mission has a recommended level. At the deployment screen, hit Square (or the Xbox/PC equivalent) and lower your level to the recommended level. This is required to truly clear a stage.

SeanTSC

Also what is it with the extra skimpy outfits for Claire and Moira? I don't remember Resident Evil being this heavy on the fanservice or maybe the graphics were never good enough for it to be distracting? I'm constantly telling myself to not state at the girls butts as the run around lol....and no way am i changing the outfits back to defaults, they're way too good.

Resident Evil has had cheesecake costumes for a long, long time now.

Edit: Starting all the way back in RE1: http://residentevil.wikia.com/Unlockable_costumes_in_Resident_Evil

And imo, Rebecca rocks her cowgirl costume way better than Claire: http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net...Costume.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120709170335

Yea like I said nothing as skimpy as the ones in Revalations 2. The police and cheerleader outfits I have to admit are ve3ry revelaing but i've never seen those before.....not sure what Resident Evil deadly silence is.

Also i've been playing Resident Evil before most people here probably knew what it was....I had a mate from Japan give me a copy when the original came out and it was called Biohazard and i've 100% them all (i used to have the worlds best speed run on Code Veronica on Dreamcast for approx 2 weeks.

Neiteio

Yea like I said nothing as skimpy as the ones in Revalations 2. The police and cheerleader outfits I have to admit are ve3ry revelaing but i've never seen those before.....not sure what Resident Evil deadly silence is.

Also i've been playing Resident Evil before most people here probably knew what it was....I had a mate from Japan give me a copy when the original came out and it was called Biohazard and i've 100% them all (i used to have the worlds best speed run on Code Veronica on Dreamcast for approx 2 weeks.
Maybe Claire just feels comfy in daisy dukes?

*leaders of the free world nod in agreement*

Obama: "Good point, Neiteio"

Sectus

Yeah, the difference is....this was possible in RE1 because you could avoid most of the enemies. In RER2 (or every RE after 4) you have no choice (most of the time), you must fight them. Nah, nope :p

It's very doable. My countdown playtime was 2 hours and 10 minutes (it's a bit silly this mode doesn't count for unlocking the rocket launcher), and you can do campaign even faster if you play on casual (I'm pretty sure countdown is based on normal difficulty) and use bonus weapons.

Top Bottom