• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

How are you supposed to do 3 stealth kills in episode 2 with Claire when I can't find any smoke bottles or crafting items for them. Enemies notice me even when I'm crouching and not moving. WTF? I managed to do one at the end in that area with that big fat fire canon monster.
After you you get the key from the destroyed statue, once you leave that room you can sneak up on some enemies.

News Bot

Banned
Still major spoiler talk.
They aren't mentioned specifically, but as Leon and Helena in particular saw the most involving the family (well, outside of Ada, who already seems to know all about this before the events of RE6), I would think the fact they can't find any signs of them to be telling. And at least in RE6, what the Family seemed to mostly be doing is covering their own asses after the situation, assassinating (or at least, trying to assassinate) both Carla and Simmons, and obviously separate themselves from them, so my guess is that their course of action isn't to follow-up on the C-Virus scenario. They may play a role in RE7, but I did read into the mentions as implying they're either busy doing something, in hiding, and the main pull-away being that it does give a bit more light to the post-Ada credits RE6 scene, and does leave the BSAA as being busy handling the cocoon situation and sending out a public message to not enter zones where there are giant cocoons as their hazardous and their busy handling the situations with them worldwide.

That's not to say RE7 couldn't be about this, and doesn't mean the family couldn't be in RE7, or even the BSAA couldn't be in RE7, but the post-credits scene in Rev 2 is now officially the 'farthest' we've seen in the RE timeline, and as it's almost certain RE7 is being announced later this year, I feel the post-credits scene was obviously building up on the two lingering plot threads that currently exist in the series right now, the post-RE6 threads and the Family situation (still out there, basically, Neo Umbrella members never found and neither the Family), and that Alex is in Natalia. They can explore whatever in RE7, but them mentioning both of these things and specifically mentioning that the BSAA busy made me think that RE7 may explore something else entirely. Though the BSAA being busy in 2012 doesn't mean they couldn't not be busy for 2014-2016, when RE7 most likely will be set in.

No they do not, as News Bot mentioned, and I know they don't and mean who the world believes is behind the outbreak, Neo Umbrella, as they find no members behind the attack. But as Carla was behind Neo Umbrella and she and Simmons were killed off, and The Family tried to assassinate them and separate ties with them, that would mean The Family did good with covering their asses, at least. Especially how close Leon and Helena particularly got to finding them out, though apparently they didn't quite figure it out.

They can't find any signs of The Family because aside from Simmons, they are not directly involved in any of BIO6's events.

The Family are always in hiding. That's part of what being a secret organization entails, especially when your goal is to manipulate global society. They do recover Simmons' corpse and extract the enhanced C-Virus strain. The post-credits scene in REV2 isn't the farthest, it takes place just as Chris and Piers are being deployed in China. It wasn't building up to anything, it was just drawing a connection to BIO6 the same way REV1 drew a connection to BIO5 by having TRICELL recover t-Abyss, implying that t-Abyss is what allowed them to monopolize the B.O.W. market by the time of BIO5.

Neiteio

I replied to you above, I know no one knows about them, except
Ada.
And themselves, obviously. The world thinks it was Neo Umbrella. Cover their ass, as in, covering what Carla (and Simmons, who they viewed as a bit of a shame to their name) did, and any connections to them (The Family) that could be founded on their actions. So basically, what I mean, is completely severe ties with both Carla and Simmons, and not leave a trace of them back to themselves (The Family). And they did this successfully, as everyone thinks it was Neo Umbrella.

My main point was that I don't think either of these plot threads will be explored in RE7 (they could be, I'm obviously not all-knowing), but my main take-away was that the BSAA is busy, or at least could be in a position that their busy, so if the writers wanted, there could be something somewhere the BSAA may not respond immediately too if, say, something completely separate of these two plot threads were to happen. Which is basically a fancy way of saying that RE7 may not star Chris Redfield or the other main RE characters in the BSAA, who have appeared in every recent RE game, on-account that the BSAA's job is to respond to bio-terrorism efforts.
Ah, OK. I see what you mean now. :)

Zambatoh

I knew that the REmake changed many things in terms of the script and the way the game relates to future installments of the franchise, but it's the first time that I've heard that Barry is so different between the two versions. Why is that?

Classic Barry is remembered for a lot of his one liners. Basically a cross between a goofball and a badass. A lot of which has to do with the blind idiot translation.

REmake Barry is quite a bit more serious. A lot of his charm was lost in this version because they tried to keep the script closer to the original Japanese.

In the field of localization, trying to keep the script as close to the original tends to be a double edged sword at times. For some games it works, for others...

Astral Dog

Swap Code Veronica for RE0. RE0 is kind of irrelevant anyway and there are indications that it will be remastered like REmake HD so just wait.
Kind of irrelevant? its no more irrelevant than Revelations 1, good sir. main problem its that it ended up as an inferior REmake, wich was already kind of outdated, but i still consider a classic. delves into Umbrellas backstory too.
But yes wait for the remaster :)

News Bot

Banned
Classic Barry is remembered for a lot of his one liners. Basically a cross between a goofball and a badass. A lot of which has to do with the blind idiot translation.

REmake Barry is quite a bit more serious. A lot of his charm was lost in this version because they tried to keep the script closer to the original Japanese.

In the field of localization, trying to keep the script as close to the original tends to be a double edged sword at times. For some games it works, for others...

The translators in this series are not exactly consistent even on their best days.

REmake's localization is considerably better, even though it's not perfect itself. The files in particular are littered with plot holes and errors. I don't find OG Barry charming, just ludicrous. I think REV2 was good at striking a balance, but some of the references go too far and detract from it.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
They aren't mentioned at all. Leon and Helena have nothing to gain from publicizing them because it would be global chaos once governments find out they're being manipulated by a secret organization. They can't find any signs of The Family because aside from Simmons, they are not directly involved in any of BIO6's events.

The Family are always in hiding. That's part of what being a secret organization entails, especially when your goal is to manipulate global society. They do recover Simmons' corpse and extract the enhanced C-Virus strain. The post-credits scene in REV2 isn't the farthest, it takes place just as Chris and Piers are being deployed in China. It wasn't building up to anything, it was just drawing a connection to BIO6 the same way REV1 drew a connection to BIO5 by having TRICELL recover t-Abyss, implying that t-Abyss is what allowed them to monopolize the B.O.W. market by the time of BIO5.

That's fair, I know The Family is not mentioned, I think I might have worded this wrong as both you and Neiteio, I meant The Family in RE6 were obviously trying to erase connections between Carla (and in extension, Simmons) actions from themselves, so the world thinks it was Neo Umbrella.

However, I actually thought the post-credits scene was just after the events of RE6, and for a dumb reason, but re-thinking it it would make sense it was during the RE6 events. My reasoning was a brain fart moment on myself, my main reasoning was because all of RE6 China scenario with Chris/Leon/Jake/Sherry takes place at night, in a single night, and it doesn't become daybreak until Chris escapes the underwater facility, BUT they're in China and Claire/Barry's in the US, so obviously while it was night in China it'd be day in the US. My initial thoughts was that it was directly after the events of RE6, but I see what you're saying and it would make more sense.

Zambatoh

The translators in this series are not exactly consistent even on their best days.

REmake's localization is considerably better, even though it's not perfect itself. The files in particular are littered with plot holes and errors. I don't find OG Barry charming, just ludicrous. I think REV2 was good at striking a balance, but some of the references go too far and detract from it.

Yeah. I noticed a lot of those files carried over from the original game.

News Bot

Banned
That's fair, I know The Family is not mentioned, I think I might have worded this wrong as both you and Neiteio, I meant The Family in RE6 were obviously trying to erase connections between Carla (and in extension, Simmons) actions from themselves, so the world thinks it was Neo Umbrella.

However, I actually thought the post-credits scene was just after the events of RE6, and for a dumb reason, but re-thinking it it would make sense it was during the RE6 events. My reasoning was a brain fart moment on myself, my main reasoning was because all of RE6 China scenario with Chris/Leon/Jake/Sherry takes place at night, in a single night, and it doesn't become daybreak until Chris escapes the underwater facility, BUT they're in China and Claire's in the US, so obviously while it was night in China it'd be day in the US.

Well, it was Neo Umbrella. The Family didn't actually do anything besides shoot Carla and recover Simmons' corpse. Tall Oaks was basically all Simmons.

Yeah. I noticed a lot of those files carried over from the original game.

It's actually the new ones that suffer most, I think.

http://projectumbrella.net/articles/About-V-ACT
http://projectumbrella.net/articles/Observation-Record
http://projectumbrella.net/articles/Family-Photo-and-Notes

The "plasmolyzation" thing is unforgivable. As is the Alexia alive/dead mixup. Both of these are basically impossible to make if you're actually paying attention. The V-ACT file is just missing a lot of information in the English version and gets the terminology wrong (V-ACT is the effect, not the creature, so there's no "V-ACTs").

Jawmuncher

I think it has already 'paid off'.
The whole idea of someone transferring their neural pattern into someone else to escape death but then having an identity crisis to end all identity crises, and trying to kill said new false self, was really unique and well done. Not to mention the whole suicide + fear virus thing which was such a cool twist.
If we never see
Alex again she
will definitely stay as an awesome and memorable villain.

I gotta disagree.
She'll need to do more than transfer her mind and bring some people to an island to become a memorable villain in my eyes.

Dusk Golem

Well, it was Neo Umbrella. The Family didn't actually do anything besides shoot Carla and recover Simmons' corpse. Tall Oaks was basically all Simmons.

Yes, but Neo Umbrella and Simmons actions were founded on The Family, not by them, by by effect of them. As Carla was trying to get back at Simmons, a member of The Family, and destroy the world order. Which is why The Family intervened, because obviously stopping Carla do this is in their best interests, and what I meant of covering their asses. And Simmons actions was to protect US and in extension The Family, as the president was going to reveal the US government's role in the Raccoon City incident, which would lead to the US losing influence over the world, but failed at containing it when Neo Umbrella claimed responsibility. And this being the point where The Family responds to take out Carla (or attempt too, at least), and cultivate Simmons, who they viewed as a blemish anyway on their name, so two birds with one stone and all that.

I got the platinum. I have earned the right to become a god.

Btw, is there like a glitch on the ps4 version where you can't equip some of the ex weapons? I have the katana and the bubble gun and I can't equip them at the bench. I bought them and they're there to select but they won't go into any of the slots.

Dusk Golem

I got the platinum. I have earned the right to become a god.

Btw, is there like a glitch on the ps4 version where you can't equip some of the ex weapons? I have the katana and the bubble gun and I can't equip them at the bench. I bought them and they're there to select but they won't go into any of the slots.

I haven't gotten either of them, but I think the Katana and Bubble Gun are exclusive to Moira and Natalia.

News Bot

Banned
Yes, but Neo Umbrella and Simmons actions were founded on The Family, not by them, by by effect of them. As Carla was trying to get back at Simmons, a member of The Family, and destroy the world order. Which is why The Family intervened, because obviously stopping Carla do this is in their best interests, and what I meant of covering their asses. And Simmons actions was to protect US and in extension The Family, as the president was going to reveal the US government's role in the Raccoon City incident, which would lead to the US losing influence over the world, but failed at containing it when Neo Umbrella claimed responsibility. And this being the point where The Family responds to take out Carla (or attempt too, at least), and cultivate Simmons, who they viewed as a blemish anyway on their name, so two birds with one stone and all that.

The Family did initially establish Neo Umbrella as a front organization for perpetuating bioterrorism around the world so they could control conflict and terrorism. Simmons used it to claim responsibility for Tall Oaks, but then Carla assumed the name herself and claimed responsibility for Lanshiang.

Simmons ordered The Family's agents to shoot Carla, rather than The Family taking matters into their own hands. The Family were otherwise quite neutral. It wasn't until Simmons mutated that The Family abandoned him.

Goddamn, what an epic ending. We need a gif of that scene with Barry. Everyone know the one I mean, that was such an epic moment, I nearly jumped out of my chair to fist pump the air.

Interesting post credit scene too, really hope we get a second season that builds on that ending. Such a wonderful experience, I can't believe how good this turned out to be. I still remember being pretty down on it when the first screens/footage came out showing it was set in a prison...capcom played that perfectly. They didn't ruin any of the things post chapter 1, really good to see a company not show virtually everything in pre-release material.

AdaWong

Speaking of English localization, I was reading RE6 files in Japanese (translated through Project Umbrella) and comparing them to the "official" translation.

Take a look at this:

Project Umbrella Translation
ADA WONG
"....However, Ada seems to have some "true purpose" and doesn't mind betraying organizations and clients in order to achieve it either."

Official English Transcript
ADA WONG
"....She appears to be working toward a specific goal, and once she accomplishes it, she is the type that would have no qualms about betraying her handlers."

____

lol wat? They literally screwed up Ada's personality. She's NOT evil, an anti-heroine at best, in the Project Umbrella translation, it says that Ada would betray anyone IN ORDER to achieve her goal.

In the "official" translation, it's implied the Ada is the biggest asshole in the world that once she's finished with her objective and achieved her goal, she'll betray everyone else just because.

pizzacat

Banned
What's the limit on inheriting. I'm trying to make wesker a god, so I'm leveling up Chris for RPG, Hunk for invisibility, Cypher for the sword. Who else has some interesting perks

In my older age I haven't had a lot of time to sit down and play a game with a buddy since resident evil 5. Had that same friend come over last night and we played episode 1 and thought it was interesting and had some great moments. We were gonna switch off between characters so he could shoot something every so often but then I loaded up raid mode just to see.

Fucking 9 hours later we decided that we should call it.

This is a good ass video game

Does anyone know if the pc split screen also offsets and shrinks the screens too? I imagine it's a resource thing on consoles and can't imagine the pc version having that

Seyavesh

What's the limit on inheriting. I'm trying to make wesker a god, so I'm leveling up Chris for RPG, Hunk for invisibility, Cypher for the sword. Who else has some interesting perks

auto-evade on neil, drill from pedro, ground pound from gabe are the ones that stick out in my head

i guess leon's weird ass push but i think that thing sucks ass

gabe's ground pound causes stun so if you've got charge you can do ground pound->charge up melee on big boss dudes for mega damage

villain spoiler:
alex has an interesting skill but i think it's really mediocre. the confuse time is really low and having enemies turn on each other doesn't really help that much as nominally you'd just be wiping them out anyhow

News Bot

Banned
Speaking of English localization, I was reading RE6 files in Japanese (translated through Project Umbrella) and comparing them to the "official" translation.

Take a look at this:

ADA WONG
"....However, Ada seems to have some "true purpose" and doesn't mind betraying organizations and clients in order to achieve it either."

ADA WONG
"....She appears to be working toward a specific goal, and once she accomplishes it, she is the type that would have no qualms about betraying her handlers."

____

lol wat? They literally screwed up Ada's personality. She's NOT evil, an anti-heroine at best, in the Project Umbrella translation, it says that Ada would betray anyone IN ORDER to achieve her goal.

In the "official" translation, it's implied the Ada is the biggest asshole in the world that once she's finished with her objective and achieved her goal, she'll betray everyone else just because.

The English translations are full of shit like this. Like the translators just glanced at the original text and then wrote something merely similar.

Joey Ravn

Banned

Ah, I see. I knew that the original translation of RE1 was kinda terribad (Jill sandwich et al). I was thinking that Barry's backstory/motivations had been changed in the REmake, but if it's only the tone of his dialog, then I guess I'm covered to play RERev2.

Also, RE3 is considerably harder than RE2... wow. It's kicking my ass.

Dusk Golem

Ah, I see. I knew that the original translation of RE1 was kinda terribad (Jill sandwich et al). I was thinking that Barry's backstory/motivations had been changed in the REmake, but if it's only the tone of his dialog, then I guess I'm covered to play RERev2.

Also, RE3 is considerably harder than RE2... wow. It's kicking my ass.

I usually play every RE game on the hardest difficulty possible on my first run through the game. In terms of difficulty, I think the harder RE games (judging off the hardest selectable difficulty you can choose out-the-gate and not unlockable difficulties) would be:

01.) Code Veronica (especially if you don't know how OP the knife is)
02.) Revelations 2 (it's legitimately challenging on Survival)
03.) Revelations Unveiled HD (a bit of an unfair advantage Revelations 1 has is the console/PC version had the 'remixed' difficulty mode, Infernal, unlocked out of the game. If going by the 3DS original, it'd be much lower).
04.) Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (it has its moments)
05.) Resident Evil REmake (I think the beginning is the hardest part on Hard)
06.) Resident Evil: Dead Aim (this wouldn't be nearly so high if it weren't for that FUCKING FINAL BOSS ON HARD Eqwaslsdlfkgkdf)
07.) Resident Evil 2
08.) Resident Evil 5 (while plenty of supplies, some encounters are tough on Hard)
09.) Resident Evil Zero
10.) Resident Evil 4 (pro difficulty is challenging, but you can't go higher than Normal first run, which with constant savepoints and surplus supplies, is middling challenging)
11.) Resident Evil 6 (even on Professional, it wasn't that hard of a game, a few moments, but manageable if you got the mechanics down. Wasn't able to play No Hope out the game, so didn't experience that first)
12.) Resident Evil 1 (this is a bit hard to judge, I decided to go with Original as opposed to Arranged in the DC as that should be played after the Original as its basically a different game, and honestly, RE1 isn't that hard if you have tank controls down).
13.) Resident Evil Survivor (helplessly short and easy, meant to be replayed but I think very manageable on Hard).

That's just my personal opinion off the top, though. Need to finish Gun Survivor 2 and the Outbreak games though, and didn't include the Chronicles games.

Akibared

The references to Piers in this game (
secret file, good ending
) make me miss the guy. I'd be OK with them cheating and saying his transformation at the end of RE6 allowed him to survive the underwater explosion. He comes back, they make him human again, and he resumes being Chris' most loyal friend ever.

He's one of the reason I want to read the manga I need more Piers!

The ending kinda makes me wonder if
the whole idea of transferring ones mind into another body would give them excuse to maybe bring back a dead character. It would give them the chance to bring back Albert Wesker (which I could see them doing down the road) or Spencer. I always hated what RE5 did to Spencer. He is the mastermind behind almost everything in the series and I hate how Wesker easily kills him in a cutscene. Give him a new young body and let him wreck shit. He is the evilest thing in the series.

TGMIII

In terms of endings is it possible to do
Claire EP3
and then skip straight to
Barry EP4
or do you have to play the remaining episodes again?

Jawmuncher

the whole idea of transferring ones mind into another body would give them excuse to maybe bring back a dead character. It would give them the chance to bring back Albert Wesker (which I could see them doing down the road) or Spencer. I always hated what RE5 did to Spencer. He is the mastermind behind almost everything in the series and I hate how Wesker easily kills him in a cutscene. Give him a new young body and let him wreck shit. He is the evilest thing in the series.

No Joke
Alex Wesker being in a cloned albert's body would be amazing. Would bring back some CVX type stuff and would make sense with how much she idolizes him.

Dusk Golem

In terms of endings is it possible to do
Claire EP3
and then skip straight to
Barry EP4
or do you have to play the remaining episodes again?

As been answered, yes you can. I will extend on that answer though, the game saves whatever choice you made last and overwrites it if you do the other choice. You can tell what choice you have currently selected by going to episode 3 Claire's scenario in episode select, and then in the bottom right-corner of the screen you'll either see Claire or Moira highlighted, based on what choice you made.

Pilgrimzero

I have the ability to unlock either the chicago typewriter or bowgun, but no real info on what they do aside from the obvious (shoot bullets/arrows). how are they worth 10K points to unlock?

Take a look at this:

ADA WONG

ADA WONG

____

The official translation is saying the same thing. It's just easy to misread it the other way.

Shauni

It does open this door, I think, to an extent, but it would also be pretty horrible. Wesker and Spencer are already dead, their consciousness is out and gone (Wesker's especially since there's literally nothing left of him at this point). The stuff with Alex was done while she was still alive, she died after transferring her mind to Natalia. They could do something like have it were Spencer or Wesker found out about Alex's research and had like a backup body, but eh, that would be pretty dumb, in my opinion. I mean, RE can be dumb, sure, but that especially would be an eye-roller for me

Dusk Golem

Major spoiler talk about the post above.

I'm less worried about them bringing back dead characters, though that would be worst case scenario but I don't think they're going to do it. What I think they might do is the technology gets in another villain's hands, and we may have a situation of a villain's consciousness being in multiple different people at once, which has potential to be pretty dumb. XD; Imagine a game where there's a mysterious villain, and it turns out the villain is multiple characters from the story because of this. While I'm fine with Alex and such, I hope we don't seem some extravagant form of this in the future.

SeanTSC

The official translation is saying the same thing. It's just easy to misread it the other way.

Yeah, those are both saying the same thing to me. Maybe it's easy to misread, I don't think it's that easy to, I think people are just purposely reading into the exact wording too deeply and trying to pick it apart.

SeanTSC

Major spoiler talk about the post above.

I'm less worried about them bringing back dead characters, though that would be worst case scenario but I don't think they're going to do it. What I think they might do is the technology gets in another villain's hands, and we may have a situation of a villain's consciousness being in multiple different people at once, which has potential to be pretty dumb. XD; Imagine a game where there's a mysterious villain, and it turns out the villain is multiple characters from the story because of this. While I'm fine with Alex and such, I hope we don't seem some extravagant form of this in the future.

Yeah, you can go to some pretty wacky places with it. Like:
Having "The Family" actually all be one person!

Jawmuncher

It does open this door, I think, to an extent, but it would also be pretty horrible. Wesker and Spencer are already dead, their consciousness is out and gone (Wesker's especially since there's literally nothing left of him at this point). The stuff with Alex was done while she was still alive, she died after transferring her mind to Natalia. They could do something like have it were Spencer or Wesker found out about Alex's research and had like a backup body, but eh, that would be pretty dumb, in my opinion. I mean, RE can be dumb, sure, but that especially would be an eye-roller for me

Not gonna lie
A villains mind being in a 9 year olds body is already pushing it for me at this point. I need a main villain our heroes can actually fight against. I just can't imagine RE7 being about the team trying to stop a 9 year old girl despite what braing she is currently working with.

Neiteio

Not gonna lie
A villains mind being in a 9 year olds body is already pushing it for me at this point. I need a main villain our heroes can actually fight against. I just can't imagine RE7 being about the team trying to stop a 9 year old girl despite what braing she is currently working with.
Good sir, are you familiar with
Alma of FEAR fame
?

Shauni

Not gonna lie

Hm, with as much mutation that goes in this series, I really don't think this is much of a problem unless you just have to have a humanoid who is superhuman like Wesker was in RE5. Which...honestly, I'd rather they just not have that anyway.

Jawmuncher

The only villain I can think of that could come back and not be pushing it is Krauser.
Because there was nothing special about how Ada beat him in her story.

SeanTSC

Not gonna lie

Well, you also have to consider the timeline.
Isn't Revelations 2 set back in like 2012? And who knows what year the next time she shows up will be set in.

Neiteio

The only villain I can think of that could come back and not be pushing it is Krauser.
Because there was nothing special about how Ada beat him in her story.
Mutant Piers. Turns out the virus helped him survive. He is salvaged by The Family and brainwashed to work at their behest, until Chris uses the power of not-gay-but-totally-is to restore Piers' bro-manity.

Jawmuncher

Hm, with as much mutation that goes in this series, I really don't think this is much of a problem unless you just have to have a humanoid who is superhuman like Wesker was in RE5. Which...honestly, I'd rather they just not have that anyway.
I would think
with the set up that they wan't a villain who will last more than one game and have a presence. Which if that's the case you need a human who isn't so young as a threat if you want a face. Since mutations are saved for the final event.
Alma of FEAR fame
?

I would find that even more of a stretch for RE.
A little girl with super powers as well against our heroes? Considering the amount of people who disliked Wesker in RE5 I can't imagine how that would go. Though I understand why you bring it up since it was in the bad ending.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Sold a CSGO gun skin to buy the increased parts and weapon storage A DLC.

I was starting to get really tight on part space.

The weapon storage also feels a little too dumb at 24, gives you just enough to have 1 of each gun but that's it.

96 slots is a bit over kill but i desperately needed more room.

Jawmuncher

Alma of FEAR fame
?

She is 11 when RE6 ends in 2013. So if the next game is 2020 she would be 18.
That's a 7 year gap between sequels. 2020 would be a perfect year setting for the 20th anniversary, but a whole 7 years seems like a lot. Then again we have had those sort of jumps before. But our main case would really start feeling the age. Which makes me wonder if perhaps that could happen. Not a reboot but a chance at trying to push a new cast. Like we saw with Jake and the return of Sherry in RE6.

SeanTSC

She is 11 when RE6 ends in 2013. So if the next game is 2020 she would be 18.
That's a 7 year gap between sequels. 2020 would be a perfect year setting for the 20th anniversary, but a whole 7 years seems like a lot. Then again we have had those sort of jumps before. But our main case would really start feeling the age. Which makes me wonder if perhaps that could happen. Not a reboot but a chance at trying to push a new cast. Like we saw with Jake and the return of Sherry in RE6.

Well also they could just timeskip the next game a few years ahead. It doesn't *have* to be set in the same year that it's released. Or
Alternatively the virus could be speeding up the aging process if they wanted to go that route, though the whole point of the experiment was to get a new body to keep living longer and longer, so hopefully they don't do that.

Top Bottom