• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 Online Community Thread

Played with Loudninja, Rick808, Lince and a few games with Dave1988.. as usual we steamrolled the other teams, a special hilarius match was against a group of french high levels +50, all with the atomizer + berserk loadout, in Main Street. We were very agressive (the usual GAF like-a-viking-raid attitude) and we pushed them to their base, and rushed them (well, almost baserape them xD). It was so good to poke my bayonet like a maniac into those atomizer-idiots >:| . The fun fact was that they didn't switch weapons / perks until the end of the match, it was a TDM game in Main Street, and with a little of thought you could take them from distance. And of course they quit at the beginning of the second round.

BTW almost level 38, I need to unlock and upgrade the turret for my "tactician" set and I will have my loadouts more or less complete. The Assassin ability + Jamming perk, both upgraded (disguise, can't be spotted, no radar for enemies, they can discover you only through Thermal Vision), together with the Carbine with the bayonet, is a scary combination (and cheap as hell xD). I reserve it for teams specially annoying :D

Kurod

Banned
Vasilisk said:
The Assassin ability + Jamming perk, both upgraded (disguise, can't be spotted, no radar for enemies, they can discover you only through Thermal Vision), together with the Carbine with the bayonet, is a scary combination (and cheap as hell xD). I reserve it for teams specially annoying :D
Actually, the upgraded jamming perk renders you invisible to thermal vision (including auger vision). The only ways for an enemy to see through your disguise are the tracks you leave if they are equipped with the tracking perk or noticing that their crosshairs turn red when over you.

MrPliskin

Banned
Huh, that sucks man. Have you tried other browsers?

The rule set is pretty limited. You can only use the Carbine, Deadeye, and Marksman (I think Crygun as well). No support abilities, and a lot of other things are restricted.

Full rule set:

Restrictions
Using a Weapon, Equipment, Tactical Ability, Personal Attribute, or Combat Attribute listed below will result in the forfeit of the Game.

Equipment: Hedgehog
Weapons: Wildfire, Rossmore, Atomizer, Mutator, Bullseye
Tactical Abilities: Assassin, Turret, Thermal Vision
Personal Attributes: Demolitions, Bandolier, Leaper Corpse
Combat Attributes: Strapped, Grenadier

Capture the Flag
Max Players: 8
Time Limit: 10:00
Rounds: 2
Capture Limit: 7
Lives Limit: Off
Minimum Respawn Time: 10
Show Enemies on Map: Default
Friendly Fire: Yes
Late Join: Yes
One Hit Kill: No
Weapon Damage: Normal
Health Regen: Yes
Berserks: No
Support Ability: No
Tactical Ability: Yes
Personal Attribute: Yes
Combat Attribute: Yes
Use Weapon Overrides: No

Capture the Flag Tiebreaker Round
Time Limit: 10:00
Rounds: 1
Capture Limit: 7
Lives Limit: Off
Minimum Respawn Time: 10

Note: The winner will be determined by adding the total amount of flag captures between Round 1 and Round 2. If there is a tie in total flag captures, additional Rounds will be played until a Team wins. A Team must win 1 tiebreaker Round to win the Game. Side will continue to alternate between rounds.

Chain Reaction
Rounds: 2
Minimum Respawn Time: 12
Reinforcements: 75

Chain Reaction Tiebreaker Round
Rounds: 1
Minimum Respawn Time: 12
Reinforcements: 75

Cornbread78

MrPliskin said:
Huh, that sucks man. Have you tried other browsers?

The rule set is pretty limited. You can only use the Carbine, Deadeye, and Marksman (I think Crygun as well). No support abilities, and a lot of other things are restricted.

Full rule set:

Is this for the Team ladder, or for a special tourny?
I wonder what the weapons list looks like and if they allow secondary fire....

MrPliskin

Banned
It's the practice ladder for the $15K doomsday Tourney coming up in December. Each win enters you for a chance to win some stuff.

Weapons are Carbine, Marksman, Deadeye, and Cryogun ONLY. Also, only shrapnel grenades (no Killstreaks as well).

Darkatomz

Man... I know MLG gets a lot of hate around here, but I really do think they make the best game modes when it comes to shooters. It was great for Halo, and it sounds pretty nice here too.

MrPliskin

Banned
Darkatomz said:
Man... I know MLG gets a lot of hate around here, but I really do think they make the best game modes when it comes to shooters. It was great for Halo, and it sounds pretty nice here too.

Well, I think this is a decent start, but it still has its fair share of issues.

MrPliskin

Banned
Been working through all of the competitive medals, lately, and it really lets the game "shine". I usually just ignore things I don't use, but now that I've got some more skill points I've been buying other stuff, and man what a difference some of these make.

Hazmat is legitimately awesome against the shotgun, I'm noticing a pretty big difference in my play style with this new load out. Can't wait to try out some of these other ones.

Loudninja said:
Dudes we have to play some R3, especially with the new DLC now.

Last weeks I've been very busy, and Dark Souls and GT5 Spec 2.0 didn't help I think, but those next days I'll be playing some Resistance 3 , as always I'll log in the R3 Multiplayer chatroom.

Prezhulio

so does r3 multiplayer have the tendancy to lock up ps3's upon quitting after a match?

after first game i tried it went straight into the second round, and the sound went out a minute into the match. selected quit and locked up my ps3, had to do a hard switch turn off which i hate to do, but held the power button for 30 seconds and nothing happened :/

my ps3 is the 60gb bc phat, so i'm always expecting to my ps3 to just give out one day, but wanted to check if this was common. new york, team deathmatch fwiw.

MrPliskin

Banned
Prezhulio said:
so does r3 multiplayer have the tendancy to lock up ps3's upon quitting after a match?

after first game i tried it went straight into the second round, and the sound went out a minute into the match. selected quit and locked up my ps3, had to do a hard switch turn off which i hate to do, but held the power button for 30 seconds and nothing happened :/

my ps3 is the 60gb bc phat, so i'm always expecting to my ps3 to just give out one day, but wanted to check if this was common. new york, team deathmatch fwiw.

Lock ups are pretty uncommon at this point. There used to be lock ups during load screens, and it's definitely possible that it can happen rarely from time to time, but in the last 58 hours I've played MP, I haven't had it happen to me (anecdotal, I know).

There's another patch due in a few days that will clean up more performance issues.

MrPliskin

Banned
How does this game play with Move? I was considering getting it as a bundle while it's on sale today.

Replied in the other thread, but it plays well. I prefer to play without the sharpshooter (I assume that's the bundle you're talking about) but I know some who enjoy it. That bundle is kick ass though.

Top Bottom