• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Respawn is developing ‘the final chapter’ of the Star Wars Jedi story, EA says

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Electronic Arts has said that Respawn is developing “the final chapter” of its Star Wars Jedi story.

Laura Miele, president of EA Entertainment and Technology, mentioned the project during a presentation at the company’s investor relations day on Tuesday.

“We have delivered some of the highest quality and best-selling Star Wars games of all-time, with over $5 billion in net bookings,” she said.

“This impressive track record includes of course the Star Wars Jedi games, where over 40 million Star Wars fans have connected with Cal Kestis and his arc of becoming a powerful Jedi.

“Respawn is working hard to bring the final chapter of this thrilling story to players.”

Stig Asmussen, the director of 2019’s Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and 2023’s Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, left Respawn last year and has since formed a new studio.

Before he left, Asmussen had said he hoped to make a third Star Wars Jedi game because he always envisaged it as a three-game story arc.

“I always wanted to see this as a trilogy,” he told IGN at the time, speaking about the second game, Survivor. “How can we take Cal and the crew to new places beyond what we were doing in the first game?

“We had a pretty decent idea of timeframe where we wanted Survivor to take place, what the stakes were going to be, what the tone of the game was going to be, what Cal was going to be up against, and how the crew was going to factor into that. And there’s ideas of what we could do beyond that as well.”

Last edited:

Stuart360

Been playing Jedi Survivor past few days, and pretty addicted to it. Exploring these massive worlds which are full of collectables, finding it hard to put down.
It also runs surprisingly well on my 1080ti (1080p/60 High settings), i feared the worst after all the horror stories about the games performance.

Bring on the 3rd game!.

Bartski

Gold Member
GIF by Zack Kantor

Flabagast

This is a 30 vs 60 question. Performance mode has been patched to hell and back since its original launch and now runs at a pretty good nearly locked 60 FPS.
in this case the 30 fps mode appears to be significantly more visually enhanced that 60 due to RT. Just want to know if the impact on overall presentation is worth it !

Bojji

I just hope they manage to optimize the game before launch.
FFS, Jedi: Fallen Order is still a broken mess with stutters.
And Jedi: survivor took them almost a year.

If they switch to some new UE5 version they will at least fix some CPU problems (and maybe traversal stutters as well).

What's funny is that JS is a DAMN GOOD looking game on UE4, it looks better than most UE5 games.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
in this case the 30 fps mode appears to be significantly more visually enhanced that 60 due to RT. Just want to know if the impact on overall presentation is worth it !

IMO, it isn't. The Non RT mode actually looks sharper cause it doesn't need to do aggressive DRS drops to compensate. And it's a faster paced action game so a higher FPS will make it feel better to play it.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
They should kill off that utterly unlikable witch bitch girlfriend of his and then have him go on some John Wick revenge quest where he fully embraces the dark side.

He became a bit of a badass towards the end of Survivor. They should just go all the way.

R91j7uP.jpeg

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Enjoyed both games immensely.

Just hope they can get performance right this go around.

I wish devs weren’t forced to makes series S titles. To be fair they put this on ps4 pro too now so…. No excuses to get it running well.

Part 1: Pretty cool, but it looked like he shit his pants while running.
Part 2: REALLY sick opening, improved running animation (still not perfect), more depth to the combat.
Part 3: Hopefully they perfect all of the animations and give us Tatooine, Hoth and some full original trilogy planets.

Sephimoth

Been playing Survivor very sparsely on and off past couple months.

Gameplay is good, but nearly all characters so far are extremely boring and generic- like most games nowadays

Last edited:

Generic

They should kill off that utterly unlikable witch bitch girlfriend of his and then have him go on some John Wick revenge quest where he fully embraces the dark side.

He became a bit of a badass towards the end of Survivor. They should just go all the way.

R91j7uP.jpeg
Yeah no, Star Wars is supposed to be optimistic.

Top Bottom