• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Revelations of sexual misconduct by Google exec Andy Rubin

iconmaster

Banned
I really have to wonder how widespread this sort of thing is among tech executives.

Google employees have staged a walkout in response, though honestly I don't see that changing anything.

New York Times report

Some choice bits:

The woman, with whom Mr. Rubin had been having an extramarital relationship, said he coerced her into performing oral sex in a hotel room in 2013, according to two company executives with knowledge of the episode. Google investigated and concluded her claim was credible, said the people, who spoke on the condition that they not be named, citing confidentiality agreements. Mr. Rubin was notified, they said, and Mr. Page asked for his resignation.

That seems to be the smoking gun in all this, but

In a civil suit filed this month by Mr. Rubin’s ex-wife, Rie Rubin, she claimed he had multiple “ownership relationships” with other women during their marriage, paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to them. The couple were divorced in August.
The suit included a screenshot of an August 2015 email Mr. Rubin sent to one woman. “You will be happy being taken care of,” he wrote. “Being owned is kinda like you are my property, and I can loan you to other people.”

Yeah.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
tbf he hates Trump and blocks Alex Jones so he gets a free pass on treating women like property /s
He’s not getting a free pass...don’t know why you lapdogs are always so quick to turn every store into some sort of Donald Trump redemption.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Kind of funny the person defending a company who controls global search results and is working with the Chinese govt to systematize social engineering and create a permanent surveillance state is somehow not a lapdog. Lol fight the power dude

Last edited:
The fact that this is your main take-away from the story is gross and alarming.

Because the real 'NPC's are... ;)
Sensitivity and alarm are your default mental state, and that of others who share your ideology.

In fact, to you I am not even a person. I am merely the words typed on the screen that offended you. You are so detached from reality that your sense of scope, value, and perspective are completely thrown into disarray. Even the use of 'gross' shows that you can't manage to perceive reality above a biological, instinctual level. You just react.

Tough times at the Goolag

Sensitivity and alarm are your default mental state, and that of others who share your ideology.

In fact, to you I am not even a person. I am merely the words typed on the screen that offended you. You are so detached from reality that your sense of scope, value, and perspective are completely thrown into disarray. Even the use of 'gross' shows that you can't manage to perceive reality above a biological, instinctual level. You just react.

Sannajki's main debating tactic is to belittle the user they are replying to so they come across as having a superior opinion.

Last edited:

ickythingz

Banned
For those of you not in higher positions in power be it a work place or in other capacities, this stuff is absolutely the norm. Even funnier is most females go along with it more than willingly. I see it everyday.

Gander

Banned
I'm just going say it. Sexual misconduct is life. People do it everywhere all the time men and women. If you are unattractive however you might run into trouble. It's not fair but it's the truth.

I never worked for them but I've heard stories about T. Rowe Price and how their employees who take business trips basically act like they don't have significant others. Sorry to hurt your feeling if your loved one works there but it is pretty well known how scandalous it is.

I'm just going say it. Sexual misconduct is life. People do it everywhere all the time men and women. If you are unattractive however you might run into trouble. It's not fair but it's the truth.

I never worked for them but I've heard stories about T. Rowe Price and how their employees who take business trips basically act like they don't have significant others. Sorry to hurt your feeling if your loved one works there but it is pretty well known how scandalous it is.
Funny how you'll take such a laissez-faire stance toward sexual misconduct here, but when it comes to Supreme Court judge nominees... well...

Everybody knows that sniveling whinny gutless bastard did it by his reaction, so I don't fault people for acting out.

Evil won and people are frustrated they can't make it right.

Papa

Banned
Maybe try reading before you trip over your own shitty morals.

What does “coerced her” mean in that context? Any kind of sexual activity involves some form of coercion. Did he ask her to suck his dick and she complied? Did he threaten to fire her if she didn’t suck his dick? Either scenario could be considered coercion, but only one is illegal.

Papa

Banned
He didn't cheat on his wife, he tried to rape a chick.

*Allegedly tried to rape a chick 30 years ago with no corroborating evidence (in fact, several witnesses that she named who refuted her allegations) at a politically convenient time for the Democrats.

You are confusing yourself. That second quote is about Kavanaugh
Yeah, and I'm pointing out that Andy Rubin coerced her. :messenger_tears_of_joy: But apparently you only care about sexual misconduct if it's aimed at your political opponents. If it's Google execs, that's fine.

Gander

Banned
Yeah, and I'm pointing out that Andy Rubin coerced her. :messenger_tears_of_joy: But apparently you only care about sexual misconduct if it's aimed at your political opponents. If it's Google execs, that's fine.

It's not the same. Coerced could be a guy sitting in a chair saying "It's not going to suck itself."

Rape is to be forced thrown down and groped which is what Kavanaugh did.

It's not the same. Coerced could be a guy sitting in a chair saying "It's not going to suck itself."

I think I've sufficiently demonstrated the massive contradiction in your morals. You don't have to keep repeating it for everyone to see.

Unproven allegations = evil, despicable, intolerable

Proven allegations =
I'm just going say it. Sexual misconduct is life. People do it everywhere all the time men and women. If you are unattractive however you might run into trouble. It's not fair but it's the truth. .

What does “coerced her” mean in that context? Any kind of sexual activity involves some form of coercion. Did he ask her to suck his dick and she complied? Did he threaten to fire her if she didn’t suck his dick? Either scenario could be considered coercion, but only one is illegal.
Do you not know what coerce means? I flat out disagree that "any kind of sexual activity involves some form of coercion".

https://www.womenshealth.gov/relationships-and-safety/other-types/sexual-coercion

plushyp

For those of you not in higher positions in power be it a work place or in other capacities, this stuff is absolutely the norm. Even funnier is most females go along with it more than willingly. I see it everyday.
This sounds disturbing. Am guessing you work in a large MNC. Could you care to cite a few examples?

Zenaku

So that's why they're pushing for 50% female hires; more fodder. Puts a whole new spin on gender quotas.

Dontero

Banned

Wait did't Kava thing backfire because victim couldn't correctly remember when it happened at what party and where ? And witnesses directly contradicted her on numerous occasions.

Papa

Banned
You know nothing about me, the nonsense you just spewed is a projection indicative of mental illness. Nice deflection though? And I mean both deflections.

Eh, your vernacular gives away at least a little about you.

Sannakji

Banned
Eh, your vernacular gives away at least a little about you.

White? Male? Straight? European? Moderate individual? Fan of sushi? Which one?

EDIT: Ooooh, being anti-sexual assault in all cases and not using instances of it to deflect onto something else? Well. Yeah. I would hope so.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
White? Male? Straight? European? Moderate individual? Fan of sushi? Which one?

EDIT: Ooooh, being anti-sexual assault in all cases and not using instances of it to deflect onto something else? Well. Yeah. I would hope so.

See, your mind immediately goes to defining yourself by immutable characteristics. I was talking about telltale ideological signs, and I suspect DunDun was too.

Makes sense. Wolves don't want other wolves around their sheep.
step 0: get woke
step 1: hire prey
step 2: remove "problems"
step 3: reap

Last edited:

Sannakji

Banned
See, your mind immediately goes to defining yourself by immutable characteristics. I was talking about telltale ideological signs, and I suspect DunDun was too.

Who are the hivemind/NPC's again? I mean, if you feel like you can speak for someone else.

Papa

Banned
Who are the hivemind/NPC's again? I mean, if you feel like you can speak for someone else.

He literally said “Sensitivity and alarm are your default mental state, and that of others who share your ideology.”

Back to Ree you go, NPC.

Sannakji

Banned
He literally said “Sensitivity and alarm are your default mental state, and that of others who share your ideology.”

And you literally spoke for him. What makes you think you can do that? Why do you feel you know what he thinks, what he'll say? I know why...

iconmaster

Banned
I’m confused. Did he pay people for sex? Or did he use his power to get sex? Both?

Allegedly, both.

So that's why they're pushing for 50% female hires; more fodder. Puts a whole new spin on gender quotas.

Honestly, I think there is something to this. The more young women working for you, the more access you have to young women — with a built-in power dynamic working for you, to boot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom