• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Revelations of sexual misconduct by Google exec Andy Rubin

Nymphae

Banned
“You will be happy being taken care of,” he wrote. “Being owned is kinda like you are my property, and I can loan you to other people.”

This shit is so fucked up.

And you literally spoke for him. What makes you think you can do that? Why do you feel you know what he thinks, what he'll say? I know why...
Nice parody. I thought you were a serious account for a moment.

You criticize someone for daring to speak on behalf of someone else, and then you claim to know someone's motives.

The zealotry of your ideology on full display. "I can read minds, but how dare you speak for someone else".

Sannakji

Banned
Nice parody. I thought you were a serious account for a moment.

Ah, the 'oh I get it, you're a troll account' '"""""argument"""""" I've been hearing since 2014 from god knows how many dudes at this point. Seriously y'all the same, almost like....

Last edited:

plushyp

Ah, the 'oh I get it, you're a troll account' '"""""argument"""""" I've been hearing since 2014 from god knows how many dudes at this point. Seriously y'all the same, almost like....
What is the bold supposed to mean? Were you an old poster on this forum or what?

Shai-Tan

Banned

I'm glad the full story is coming out. It was hard to judge from the initial piece that let Rubin frame it as "disgruntled wife trying to sabotage divorce proceedings and custody of children". I don't see a problem with being a sugar daddy if the relationship is mutual but the guy was also married, shitting up his office with it and acting like his money was a license to act like a creepy stalker who thinks giving a gift creates an obligation to put up with his denigration and lack of respect for other people.

llien

What does “coerced her” mean in that context? Any kind of sexual activity involves some form of coercion. Did he ask her to suck his dick and she complied? Did he threaten to fire her if she didn’t suck his dick? Either scenario could be considered coercion, but only one is illegal.
Is that rue? Isn't a mere fact of him being the boss enough even without explicit "or else" threats?

I'm glad the full story is coming out
I'm rather frustrated as how ok it is to paint women as will-less beings who can be coerced into anything.
How did they end up in a hotel room, to begin with, what were the intentions?

Last edited:

Blam

I mean not really it's a fantasy for some. Some want to be owned. Some controlled. Some will follow everything their master says.

I’m confused. Did he pay people for sex? Or did he use his power to get sex? Both?

He paid people to be his pets/property. Not in the literal sense more in the kink sense, and it's not like he's forcing them to do it these people clearly are perfectly up for it.

Last edited:

bigedole

Right? Google, the SJW darling company, had an exec who literally treated women like his property. I mean, you can't even satire this, people would think it was too on the nose and lacking all subtlety.

TrainedRage

Banned
My friend works at Google and is super progressive. I will have to see what she thinks about this. Wouldn't be surprised if she quits.

Nymphae

Banned
Right? Google, the SJW darling company, had an exec who literally treated women like his property. I mean, you can't even satire this, people would think it was too on the nose and lacking all subtlety.

It's craziness. But people seem to be ok with anything these days as long as it meets the "it was a consensual act in which no outside parties were harmed" criteria.

I mean not really it's a fantasy for some. Some want to be owned. Some controlled. Some will follow everything their master says.

There was also a case in Germany a few years back about 2 sick fucks that met on craigslist, one wanted to eat a human and the other wanted to be eaten. Some people's fantasies are sick and twisted, and just because both parties involved wanted it doesn't really make the desires ok in my mind.

Blam

Bolding it doesn't make it sound worse. They wanted to be treated that way, and I can guarentee both parties signed contracts and NDA's just for this one case. I don't know how nobodys ever heard of this kink when 50 Shades of Grey is literally centered around this.

There was also a case in Germany a few years back about 2 sick fucks that met on craigslist, one wanted to eat a human and the other wanted to be eaten. Some people's fantasies are sick and twisted, and just because both parties involved wanted it doesn't really make the desires ok in my mind.
I can understand where you're going sure it's incredibly fucked up that someone would want to do that, but if people wanted to do that then so be it. It's gonna happen. I mean shit people want to "null" themselves by getting castrated like I don't know what to say other then if they wanted it to be a thing they it would have happened.

I mean shit I read into that and the two people involved were just normal people. I don't think the other person fully ate them I think they ate their arm or something like that.

bigedole

Bolding it doesn't make it sound worse. They wanted to be treated that way, and I can guarentee both parties signed contracts and NDA's just for this one case. I don't know how nobodys ever heard of this kink when 50 Shades of Grey is literally centered around this.

I can understand where you're going sure it's incredibly fucked up that someone would want to do that, but if people wanted to do that then so be it. It's gonna happen. I mean shit people want to "null" themselves by getting castrated like I don't know what to say other then if they wanted it to be a thing they it would have happened.

I mean shit I read into that and the two people involved were just normal people. I don't think the other person fully ate them I think they ate their arm or something like that.

I mean, I don't give a shit what they want to do. I'm just pointing out how ridiculous it is at face value that Google is so heralded by the SJW sheep despite the clear wolves that are among them.

Sannakji

Banned
What is the bold supposed to mean? Were you an old poster on this forum or what?

2014 is when Gamergate happened lad. I never had a Gaf account pre-cataclysm, no accepted email account for it, but I did unfortunately use Twitter back then.

You're not making the point you think you're making. :messenger_blowing_kiss:

Yes I am. You regurgitate the same nonsense alt-righters have been spewing since 2014 and moderate individuals are the NPCs? Yeaaaah...

Right? Google, the SJW darling company

Citation needed. Moderate individuals have been critical of Google's inner workings for many, many years. Including some of it's services, like YoutTube.

iconmaster

Banned
They wanted to be treated that way, and I can guarentee both parties signed contracts and NDA's just for this one case.

This seems like something of a leap given the same guy accused of having these arrangements is accused of coercing a woman into performing oral on him. But until someone else comes forward about it, we probably won't know how consensual these relationships were.

Sannakji

Banned
Last edited:
2014 is when Gamergate happened lad. I never had a Gaf account pre-cataclysm, no accepted email account for it, but I did unfortunately use Twitter back then.

Yes I am. You regurgitate the same nonsense alt-righters have been spewing since 2014 and moderate individuals are the NPCs? Yeaaaah...

Citation needed. Moderate individuals have been critical of Google's inner workings for many, many years. Including some of it's services, like YoutTube.
I never used the term NPC. You did. I'm not an alt-righter.

Your shtick is boring. You have no foundation for your arguments. And when this is pointed out you lash out emotionally. It's boring and predictable. Feel free to start posting substance any time now. Your post count is rapidly surging forward. Will we still see you around here after the midterms?

Nymphae

Banned
What do you think a wiki article simply acknowledging the existence of some manifesto written by a known and incredibly fired alt-righter proves? This memo talks (inaccurately probably) about the inner workings, not how moderate society feels about google.

What was he fired for?

Sannakji

Banned
Being a massive dickhead.

Point stands. Your 'citation' bears no relevance to what I actually asked for. Can you provide such a thing? Prove that moderate society is a-ok with Google's shenanigans with taxes, Youtube, copying terrible moves Apple makes with its products?

Nymphae

Banned
You first.

https://www.wired.com/story/labor-board-rules-google-firing-james-damore-was-legal/

Sophir concluded that Damore's memo contained both protected statements (like criticizing Google) and not protected statements (perpetuating stereotypes about women), and that Google ultimately fired Damore for things he said that were not protected under federal law. Sophir wrote in her memo that workplaces should have the ability to "'nip in the bud' the kinds of employee conduct that could lead to a 'hostile workplace.'"

Am I mistaken, or does this paragraph state that Damore was fired for "perpetuating stereotypes about women"

He was fired for having opinions. My bringing up the Damore fiasco was to back @ bigedole bigedole 's statement that Google is an SJW company. The fact that many moderate people criticize their practices doesn't really change their practices.

iconmaster

Banned
S Sannakji , if you're trying to sow doubt in the notion that Google is a liberal, progressive company (the "SJW" shorthand is perhaps not helping anyone here), you're gonna have a tough hill to climb. Even Google's own shareholders recognize it. Entirely apart from citing specific examples, it's a tech company located south of San Francisco that attracts young people. How could its culture not be progressive?

That all seems slightly beside the point to me, but I will note this: Google has tremendous power over how we find, store and communicate ideas. The bent of its leadership has a ripple effect on pretty much everyone around the world. Unfortunately.

Blam

I mean, I don't give a shit what they want to do. I'm just pointing out how ridiculous it is at face value that Google is so heralded by the SJW sheep despite the clear wolves that are among them.
Yeah I know what you mean. It's dumb but then again that's what PR, and legal departments are for right?

This seems like something of a leap given the same guy accused of having these arrangements is accused of coercing a woman into performing oral on him. But until someone else comes forward about it, we probably won't know how consensual these relationships were.
I mean but who goes into these arrangements especially someone in a place like him and doesn't have this stuff setup sure I'm assume he's not an idiot but :shrug:. If he didn't he'd be getting sued atm, but he's not because I'm so damn sure he waived their rights in whatever agreement they signed.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
What do you think a wiki article simply acknowledging the existence of some manifesto written by a known and incredibly fired alt-righter proves? This memo talks (inaccurately probably) about the inner workings, not how moderate society feels about google.
Please explain how James Damore is alt right

Sannakji

Banned
I never used the term NPC. You did. I'm not an alt-righter.

Your shtick is boring. You have no foundation for your arguments. And when this is pointed out you lash out emotionally. It's boring and predictable. Feel free to start posting substance any time now. Your post count is rapidly surging forward. Will we still see you around here after the midterms?

"I'm not alt-right"

*Proceeds to quack like an alt-righter*

Am I mistaken

Yes.

He was fired for having opinions.

He was fired for demonizing an entire demographic that works for Google.

S Sannakji , if you're trying to sow doubt in the notion that Google is a liberal, progressive company

Who ever claimed anything other than that in this thread? Seriously? You need to improve your reading comprehension. Again I will state it, I am not referring to the inner workings of the company in any way whatsoever (same bolding as last time, hopefully you spot it this time). I am 'sowing doubt' in these silly statements-

- by pointing out that the general moderate public are actually quite critical of Google. They are not 'moderate darlings' at all. When they pull shit, both the moderate public and governments around the world pull them up on it.

Last edited:

iconmaster

Banned
I am 'sowing doubt' in these silly statements-

Google, the SJW darling company,

- by pointing out that the general moderate public are actually quite critical of Google. They are not ‘moderate darlings’ at all.

I see now. You find-and-replace “SJW” with “moderate” and claim anyone who objects is “alt-right.” I don’t think this is as subtle a tactic as you hope.
Again I will state it, I am not referring to the inner workings of the company in any way whatsoever

I don’t know what else there is to talk about besides Google’s “inner workings.” The company’s effect on anyone outside it (like users, customers, the general public) stem directly from its “inner workings.”

It seems like you’re trying to have it both ways here: Google may be progressive in its “inner workings” but “moderate” in every other way (its external workings?).

I don’t think it’s a sign of poor reading comprehension that I can’t understand this at all. It’s simply nonsense.

Last edited:

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
S Sannakji can you answer me about why James Damore is alt right? Is that your own conclusion or you just parroting something you read on another forum?

Sannakji

Banned
I see now. You find-and-replace “SJW” with “moderate” and claim anyone who objects is “alt-right.” I don’t think this is as subtle a tactic as you hope.

Fool, who are you to say what I 'hope' for? You in my head now? It's not supposed to be subtle at all. It's just real life.

I don’t know what else there is to talk about besides Google’s “inner workings.”

Oof. We got a slow one.

OK. Come in close.

Uh, I'm referring to the fact that someone incorrectly claimed Google is a 'darling' of the general population. It ain't. That's what there is to talk about. Get it now?

It seems like you’re trying to have it both ways here: Google may be progressive in its “inner workings” but “moderate” in every other way (its external workings?).

I don’t think it’s a sign of poor reading comprehension that I can’t understand this at all. It’s simply nonsense.

Below I've quoted some actual nonsense.

(what the hell are external workings?) You're really not following. How is a brand's reputation 'external workings? And how much glue have you had today?

Last edited:

Sannakji

Banned
Yes we are all one single poster.

Just how all 'NPCs' are actually just one reeally busy dude.

OK. I confess.

It's me.

I am every NPC.

That's why 'we' all sound the same.

Not because alt-right don't want to listen but for the reason I already gave.

Last edited:
Top Bottom