• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Review: Ace Combat 5: Unsung War (US Version)

It's not progressive scan enabled. It still looks sweet though. On that note, what PS2 games are progressive enabled?

And what is a DVD-9?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Socreges said:
That could have easily been a review of AC4.

Anyway, how many hours did you play today if you only just got it?

Welcome to the group of approximately four people that actually care about how long a person plays a game before review. I gave up complaining about it myself though.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Socreges said:
That could have easily been a review of AC4.

Anyway, how many hours did you play today if you only just got it?

I didn't even see this reply. I made sure to complete half of the game. I'm on mission 22 right now and some serious shit went down in the past 2 missions. Plot twisting shit. This game is sooooo fucking good.

teepo

AndriaSang said:
It's not progressive scan enabled. It still looks sweet though. On that note, what PS2 games are progressive enabled?

And what is a DVD-9?

well that sucks :(. normal games look so ugly on my hdtv. atleast it has widescreen support.

AC4 had one of the best stories ever told in a game IMHO...
I rented the game and got like 3 levels in. when I returned it to the rental store I went out and bought the game right away just so I could see what happened to that little boy.

It'll be hard to top it.

teepo

one of my favorite missions in ace combat 4 was lethal skies(?) where it was basically d-day in the sky. i'm hoping ac5 has more of these sort of missions.

WarPig

teepo said:
one of my favorite missions in ace combat 4 was lethal skies(?) where it was basically d-day in the sky. i'm hoping ac5 has more of these sort of missions.

There's a couple of good ones where it throws a lot of ground and air targets at you, including one like that, where you're flying close air support over an amphibious assault.

Others...simultaneously flying air cover for a ground assault and a bombing run, big cool mountain fortress assault, couple good sea battles, one real nice shootout over a major city...it's a pretty good selection, all told.

DFS.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
got this yesterday.

Very nice indeed so far, but ....

the graphics....

jebus H Corbett!
What a stunning looking game.

Gek54

sammy said:
AC4 had one of the best stories ever told in a game IMHO...
I rented the game and got like 3 levels in. when I returned it to the rental store I went out and bought the game right away just so I could see what happened to that little boy.

It'll be hard to top it.

Im only a few mission's in but the story is told in a very similar fasion. The CG looks great.

Top Bottom