• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rez, Panzer Dragoon Orta, & Jet Set Radio Future to be re-released (GMR)

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
From November GMR:

"Sega is planning to release another run of the cult-classic PS2 music/shooting game Rez to the U.S. market in November. A favorite of more than one GMR editor, Rez marries pounding tunes with stunning visuals and engrossing gameplay. Other sleepers getting the nod are Panzer Dragoon Orta and Jet Set Radio Future, both for Xbox. All will hit for $19.99."

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Meh, I tried JSRF for about a hour and I didn't like it. Music is worse and no timer. Plus there's no directional input graffities...all you gotta do is run and hold the right trigger. Meh!

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
xsarien said:
Rez is worth $50, not getting it at $20 is criminal.

amen to that. basically, that's the real prize because lately you've had to pay that much to get it. I know some people only buy new games but PDO and JSRF are extremely easy to get used.

Miburou

PDO is my second favorite Xbox game after the almighty Ninja Gaiden. Funny, seeing as how I'm usually not an action game fan. Both are extremely beautiful games that are challenging (although PDO does become quite easy once you figure out all the patterns) yet rewarding.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i don't get the jsrf rerelease. there are tons of copies of that jsrf/sega gt pack floating around the secondhand market for less than $20. is this a rumor or is it news? still, that rez reprint wold be nice for all the people who missed out.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Yeah, I don't get the JSRF reissue too but if it leads to more games being re-issued, I'm all for it. And OPM confirmed the Rez re-issue in last month's issue, so it isn't really new

Great news, esp. re: Rez. It's nice to see that underground acclaim and popularity can make a difference - even if it took a few years, it's gotten more copies of Rez out there than there otherwise would have been.

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
drohne said:
Is this a rumor or is it news?

It was reported in their news section.

Now I'll get to re-buy Rez and add it back to my collection. Sold it off eons ago since I had the DC version...heh. ^_^

robochimp

drohne said:
i don't get the jsrf rerelease. there are tons of copies of that jsrf/sega gt pack floating around the secondhand market for less than $20. is this a rumor or is it news? still, that rez reprint wold be nice for all the people who missed out.

I got my copy for all of 4.95

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I can find JSRF for like $9 because of the Xbox bundle thing, tons of copies at the secondhand stores...but I guess Sega doesn't make money off secondhand purchases.

Finally I can get the PS2 version of Rez, not having a working dreamcast has prevented me from playing Rez in over a month.

NotMSRP

Companies need to reprint old catalog titles more often. About every other industry does it and JP PS2 titles get reprints.

Gribbix

Awesome. The Gamestop nearby recently got an a used copy of Rez. I was thinking of picking it up but didn't because I just wouldn't feel right paying $29.99 for a used game, especially since the game wasn't in the greatest condition.

Subitai

You guys all have to play JSRF at least to the rollercoaster level, and if you're really dedicated get to the last level. IMO, one of the best final boss levels ever.

Panzer Dragoon Orta being re-released is a good idea for Xbox since, alot of new xbox owners out there, and might get picked up for being a cheaper game at christmas and the name SEGA on it..

also, get the panzer dragoon name back out there incase they want to make a sequel on xbox or xenon.

Rhindle

The main reason publisher don't reprint older titles is that most store chains don't want to stock a lot of older catalog titles. The Greatest Hits line was a clever way Sony came up with to get older titles back on shelves. I wonder whether Sega will be able to get BB/CC-type stores to restock these titles.

Oh, and JSRF rocks. Still one of my favorite games this gen.

TheGreenGiant said:
the whole situtation is a disgrace. All those games need to be selling more AND not at a bloody discount.

Oh cry me a river. What's with the drama queen's and immaturity... There's money to be made in the budget game market, but I also do have my doubts if they can get retailers to restock in decent numbers.

Coen

It's a nice chance for some to get these games, but I'm somewhat bumbed that they're not porting this to other consoles, like they did with Sonic Mega Collection and Super Monkey Ball.

segagc.jpg

=

wario.jpg

"OOH YEAH!"

AniHawk

You know what would be REALLY cool? If Panzer Dragoon Saga was rereleased for $20. :)

Why must I kid myself...

Anyway, that's good news as I'll finally get to pick up Rez. PDO and JSRF should see sales spikes because of this, like how Skies of Arcadia has been doing for the past four or five months.

I switched Amped and Panzer Dragoon Orta's boxes today... PDO looks SO much better in a Platinum Hits box and not the normal uglyass green one.

Seth C

drohne said:

Over the weekend I paid $3 for the double pack. Yeah, $3.

NotMSRP

Rhindle said:
The main reason publisher don't reprint older titles is that most store chains don't want to stock a lot of older catalog titles. The Greatest Hits line was a clever way Sony came up with to get older titles back on shelves. I wonder whether Sega will be able to get BB/CC-type stores to restock these titles.

We know that. What publishers do is make it a "new" product again to get stores to stock old catalog titles. This is done by changing the name, changing the packaging, change the product's contents. The problem is that only select titles are reissued in the US and only one budget brand name. US publishers can get their titles back on the shelf by following what is done in Japan: having various rerelease budget brand names. If B&M stores won't stock them, they still have online stores that will. The problem is that US games companies are using old marketing strategies and thus they suck ass.

Here's maybe a dumb question: do you think Rez will be released on the old blue disc or perhaps moved to DVD? Guess the $40 price already answers my question, but still...

Top Bottom