• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rez (PS2) to be re-released in November for $19.99

xsarien

daedsiluap
BuddyChrist83 said:
Awesome news, I'll be snagging copies of this and Katmari for all my gamer friends.

I'm being totally honest here:
I thought you said "I'll be shagging copies..." and I did a double take. :p

(Anyway, yeah. I'm gonna go down my list and see who doesn't have this game. If they don't, they're getting it for Christmas. If this is legit, anyway.)

That's great for everyone who didn't buy this wonderful game when it first came out. I hope that the Greatest Hits stripe is extra big and twice as ugly so that my copy won't go down in price too much though. :D

BuddyC

Dear Sega,

Since you're catering to fans of the obscure, how about a PS2 port of Samba Ver 2000, since DC is ...gone...now? YOU PROMISED US! YOU PROMISED AND YOU LIED!

PA.04962.003.jpg

Prospero

HA HA HA. Excellent.

EDIT: they can cover the whole box with a red stripe as far as I care, as long as it doesn't involve me paying $100 for the game on eBay.

selig

Banned
i doubt rez met the requirement to be a greatest hits title

Hope so. I really want a US version, but I wont pay 40-50$ for a better boxart, as I already own the pal and jp versions.

A greatest hit tag would ruin the cover.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
BuddyChrist83 said:
Dear Sega,

Since you're catering to fans of the obscure, how about a PS2 port of Samba Ver 2000, since DC is ...gone...now? YOU PROMISED US! YOU PROMISED AND YOU LIED!

PA.04962.003.jpg

920490_20040505_screen004.jpg

920490_20040505_screen005.jpg

Oni Link 666 said:
VF4:Evo is a different release though. Like SF2 Turbo or Champion Edition.

If that still won't fly then explain Sly Cooper and Stuart Little 2. :D

The greatest hits strip still pertains to the original VF4 release. VF4:EVO wasn't released without the greatest hits strip to begin with.

mosaic

go eat paint
I hope they don't put the stripe there just to snub all the freaks who think that video games should be collected instead of played. It'd be even cooler if in the press release, they put in a line amounting to, "Good luck on eBay now, freaks. Hope you got stuck with 5 copies you paid full price for."

And then everyone who ever bitched about a Greatest Hits stripe dies of an aortic dissection.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Marconelly said:
I'll buy it again. Just because.

Because what? I've yet to find the fun in Rez. I don't know how to go about replying in this manner without sounding like a troll, but god Rez was stupid.

Edit: I don't mean to turn this into a big argument, if you're all glad about Rez being rereleased, so be it, but seriously, if there was one game I didn't "get" of this gen, it was Rez.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Because what? I've yet to find the fun in Rez. I don't know how to go about replying in this manner without sounding like a troll, but god Rez was stupid.

Edit: I don't mean to turn this into a big argument, if you're all glad about Rez being rereleased, so be it, but seriously, if there was one game I didn't "get" of this gen, it was Rez.
Well, it's your loss :)

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Rez, while highly original, is ultimately a very dull and overrated game. This is all IMO of course. I beat it the first time I played it. It's just too easy for a shooter nowadays.

Rhage

Musashi Wins! said:
Is there a date on this? Because I'm about to jump on eBay immediately.
Haha, I'm sure we'll soon see a lot of copies of Rez suddenly appear on eBay. Dump before the huge value drop!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I beat it the first time I played it. It's just too easy for a shooter nowadays.
Did you beat the level 5 with a 'good' ending? Did you beat any level with 100% shootdown? Rez is actually one of the few shooters where a non-superhuman-reflex-equpped person can attempt to get 100% kill rate on any of the levels - and succeed.

xsarien

daedsiluap
JC10001 said:
Rez, while highly original, is ultimately a very dull and overrated game. This is all IMO of course. I beat it the first time I played it. It's just too easy for a shooter nowadays.

I'll bet my EPCOT Center postcard that you didn't even come close to unlocking everything.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
xsarien said:
I'll bet my EPCOT Center postcard that you didn't even come close to unlocking everything.

So its fun after 60 hours?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The game isn't really difficult at all (unless you set a goal for yourself and get 100% everything). The reason why I like the game is the experience itself. I cannot stress this enough, a LOUD SOUND SYSTEM IS MANDATORY FOR THIS GAME!

Boy, fighting the level 4 boss with the music rocking was an awesome experience

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
xsarien said:

Well I got 100% on every stage the first time I sat down with the game (with maybe 2-3 replays). I ended up unlocking a lot of stuff.... probably well over a dozen things in a few hours including a bunch of other modes and stuff like that. I don't know if I unlocked every single thing but I'm pretty damn sure I unlocked at least 80-90% of the stuff thats available.

Having said all that, unlocking those bonuses did nothing to change my opinion of the game.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
It seems everybody calling it a "challengeless shooter" has just missed the point entirely.

Oh well, not my problem.

Meier

Dump it while you can! I bet Disgaea is worth nowhere near as much as it was before "The Great Circuit City Sale of 2004" although I havent checked in awhile.

P.S. I dont see much of a reason for Sega to do this as limitied supply isnt what caused it to bomb before. But hey, good for the people who didnt get a chance to play it.

Ill Saint

JC10001 said:
Well I got 100% on every stage the first time I sat down with the game (with maybe 2-3 replays).

100% shotdown, 100% analysation, 100% item, on every stage?

To me, Rez was never one of those game I had to "finish" in order to enjoy, and I never saw "finishing" it as the point. One of the few games this gen that still feels fresh whenever I go back to it.

Fun game, but man does it kill my thumb after playing through a few levels.

Still, there are few more amazing experiences than level 6.

Teddman

border said:
ebayers are crying

value destroyed

"oh no what will i do with 10 copies of game I bought?"

no more money
Eh, Rez was only going for $10-$15 over its full price NEW on eBay anyway. Often you could get it sealed for $50.

I wonder if the new version will have different artwork.

Teddman said:
Eh, Rez was only going for $10-$15 over its full price NEW on eBay anyway. Often you could get it sealed for $50.

I wonder if the new version will have different artwork.

You know what would be AWESOME? If it has those concept/work in progress levels that only a few party goes got to play at the budget version's party last summer.

Top Bottom