• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rich white couple attacked with hammer for being rich and white

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
Here's the thing dude. Your motives are really fucking transparent, so what the fuck do you care?

Especially considering you rarely interact with threads you create.
And what exactly are my motives?

Rather than try to attack me, focus on the thread - isn't that the point of a discussion forum?

I interact whenever I have a moment to on a normal business day

Schattenjäger;233464801 said:
And what exactly are my motives?

Rather than try to attack me, focus on the thread - isn't that the point of a discussion forum?

I interact whenever I have a moment to on a normal business day

Dude. Every post I've ever seen you make in a thread that is even possibly political is just trying to paint liberals as the real bad guys.

You know, instead of understanding that shit like this is considered horrible even in liberal circles. The last thread I remember you posting was about how a gay guy was shunned because he was conservative. And you posted like twice in that thread.

CryptiK

Dude. Every post I've ever seen you make in a thread that is even possibly political is just trying to paint liberals as the real bad guys.

You know, instead of understanding that shit like this is considered horrible even in liberal circles. The last thread I remember you posting was about how a gay guy was shunned because he was conservative. And you posted like twice in that thread.
Wait whats the problem with the OP's post? It seems to include all the relevant information :/

Wait whats the problem with the OP's post? It seems to include all the relevant information :/

Oh I know it does. But he's well known for posting things that could create a negative view on liberals and then just abandoning it and only coming back to agree with certain posters.

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight

First, this thread has nothing to do with politics

(Now going off topic from this thread)

Second, I have nothing against liberals .. I identify as an independent

Third, if I do make threads that appear to be "pro conservative" it's not because I hate liberals.. it's solely for discussion and maybe try to get active participation from the silent conservatives on this board
As much as many liberals on his site try to paint conservatives negatively.. people fail to realize that America is pretty evenly split between conservatism and liberalism
Having balance is important

Schattenjäger;233466193 said:
First, this thread has nothing to do with politics

(Now going off topic from this thread)

Second, I have nothing against liberals .. I identify as an independent

Third, if I do make threads that appear to be "pro conservative" it's not because I hate liberals.. it's solely for discussion and maybe try to get active participation from the silent conservatives on this board
As much as many liberals on his site try to paint conservatives negatively.. people fail to realize that America is pretty evenly split between conservatism and liberalism
Having balance is important

Just because it's evenly split doesn't mean conservative opinions are right. Homophobia, racism and hatred of poor people isn't a fucking opinion, it's hatred.

Oh, and yeah, an instance of anti-white racism doesn't balance against the fucking centuries of anti-color racism.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Just because it's evenly split doesn't mean conservative opinions are right. Homophobia, racism and hatred of poor people isn't a fucking opinion, it's hatred.

Oh, and yeah, an instance of anti-white racism doesn't balance against the fucking centuries of anti-color racism.

yes - OP continually posts threads like this to dismiss larger systemic problems by saying, "look - both sides do it!"

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1343283

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1337250

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1182396

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1088427

it's transparent, theres no need to play dumb

dave is ok

aztek is ok
disgusting attack, though I didnt see any reference of a hammer i nthe attack within the OP. seemed more of a verbal attack, a arm swinging/spitting attack.

I expected somethign brutal with a hammer
There are pictures of the dudes bloodied face.. I don't think it was a verbal attack that did it.

At any rate, I'm sure it's all on camera. Should be a pretty open and shut case.

Who the fuck cares what the ops motives are, it really means nothing. Instead of trying to find someone to dog pile on, let's just discuss the topic and ignore op if he decides to shitpost.

Regarding this thread's topic, this shit is unnacepptable matter how you look at it. I'm really not sure how I feel about people on the internet diagnosing random citizens based on one or two clips of video or an article. I acknowledge that it could potentially be mental illness, but people also can just be fuckers while being completely in their right mind.

So I dunno. Either way it's worth it to find out so she can get help if she needs it.

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
yes - OP continually posts threads like this to dismiss larger systemic problems by saying, "look - both sides do it!"

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1343283

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1337250

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1182396

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1088427

it's transparent, theres no need to play dumb

Really? What about this one?
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1354314

Timing is an issue
Most anti conservative stories are posted pretty quickly here so by the time I hear about it, it's already posted

But way to continue derailing the thread

Oh I know it does. But he's well known for posting things that could create a negative view on liberals and then just abandoning it and only coming back to agree with certain posters.

Who cares honestly? It's transparent but a thread is a thread and we dont really have a right to discredit news just because it has an agenda if the source is legit.

Who gives a shit about the couple, they are white and rich others have it way worse, let's dogpile on OP and derail the thread as much as possibe because I don't like him.

Makes me sad to realize these types of scenarios will only keep aggravating as time goes on, she being mentally stable or not, doesn't negate the fact that disparity in the US will bolster up this type of irrational behavior.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4

That's a very poor way to look at it. Continuing on your line of thought if there was equal race related victims then that would be okay. That's terrible.

You're also pushing a point of view where you feel that any reporting of anti-white racism shouldn't be allowed because of the huge amount of anti-black racist actions by whites over the years somehow makes whites an okay target. That is unacceptable.

Although I don't like the OP's thread. I really dislike the kind of replies that argues that the OP shouldn't have made the thread based on those lines of arguments.

Frodo

oh man, white people have it so hard... all my white friends are afraid of getting richer because of things like this. Someone needs to do something about it.

Boney

Banned
This is the least surprising post I've read from a specific poster so far today.

At least you're not hiding it anymore.
It's just a tacky joke around the inability of a certain subsection of GAF to articulate constructive dialogue around race relations and race resentment. It being predictable is what makes it amusing.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
That's some total BS. NJ is one of/if not the most ethnically diverse states in the entire country. We are also a consistently liberal state. I'm guessing we get that moniker because there are a bunch of factories near the main highway people use to drive through the state. I guess not so smart people extrapolated that to mean the entire state is an industrial wasteland.

Yup. NJ is crazy diverse - heck, I grew up in a town where there was a different parade supporting a minority group every other week.

But it's called the armpit because New Yorkers joke on it, a lot of writers for TV/film grew up or lived/live in NY and spread that joke, on a map it looks like the armpit of the country, passing through the industrial area around the meadowlands to get to the airport smelled rancid in the 90s and finally, the state's super hero is this guy:

lwBkAvp.jpg

glow

Banned
"NEWARK, New Jersey - A couple driving home to Massachusetts was allegedly attacked by a woman from New Jersey with a hammer in Virginia."

This was confusing, attack happened in Virginia but all that NJ in the first sentence was off-putting.

This really really bothered me when I read it. If the writer had just written "New Jersey woman" instead of "woman from New Jersey", the sentence would've been a lot more clear and concise. Bad way to start an article.

Dhx

Half the posters on this board or any board post threads consistent with their personal narrative.

I mean, no shit.

Who cares honestly? It's transparent but a thread is a thread and we dont really have a right to discredit news just because it has an agenda if the source is legit.

Yes, but what kind of conversation could be had about this? What the person did was horrible and they should be either put in an institution or in jail. There isn't much else to talk about. We could discuss the current class struggle and the way rich people are viewed, but that would only lead to the OP concluding that we are defending the attacker.

That's a very poor way to look at it. Continuing on your line of thought if there was equal race related victims then that would be okay. That's terrible.

You're also pushing a point of view where you feel that any reporting of anti-white racism shouldn't be allowed because of the huge amount of anti-black racist actions by whites over the years somehow makes whites an okay target. That is unacceptable.

Although I don't like the OP's thread. I really dislike the kind of replies that argues that the OP shouldn't have made the thread based on those lines of arguments.

I never said the thread shouldn't be made. And in fact, I gave an honest opinion on the subject with my first post in this thread. What I am questioning is the motives for posting this anyways since the discussion that would evolve from the initial reporting would cause some people to take the side of the attacker, which would then be used as a conservative/liberal dividing line, thus giving diablos991, MAB128, Fazgoolin, or any of the other drive-by posters ammunition to paint liberals as the real bad guys.

Regardless of the magnitude of anti-POC racism compared to anti-white racism, this is not acceptable (whether the attacker was mentally unstable or not). It's a fucking race based attack and I don't think it's acceptable to condone physical fucking assault against people because they are rich, either. You can condemn this incident while keeping in sight that people of color do suffer much more overall.

This would be the first fuel station without a proper security camera setup that i have seen. Could have been helpful in this situation to detail what happened exactly and identify the alleged attacker.

I never said the thread shouldn't be made. And in fact, I gave an honest opinion on the subject with my fist post in this thread. What I am questioning is the motives for posting this anyways since the discussion that would evolve from the initial reporting would cause some people to take the side of the attacker, which would then be used as a conservative/liberal dividing line, thus giving diablos991, MAB128, Fazgoolin, or any of the other drive-in posters ammunition to paint liberals as the real bad guys.

NeoGAF power politics folks. It's some serious business.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I never said the thread shouldn't be made. And in fact, I gave an honest opinion on the subject with my first post in this thread. What I am questioning is the motives for posting this anyways since the discussion that would evolve from the initial reporting would cause some people to take the side of the attacker, which would then be used as a conservative/liberal dividing line, thus giving diablos991, MAB128, Fazgoolin, or any of the other drive-by posters ammunition to paint liberals as the real bad guys.

Okay. I can understand that and agree.

Yes, but what kind of conversation could be had about this? What the person did was horrible and they should be either put in an institution or in jail. There isn't much else to talk about. We could discuss the current class struggle and the way rich people are viewed, but that would only lead to the OP concluding that we are defending the attacker.

If the thread isn't note worthy it will die quick. Like all the other threads on gaf. Going at OP for having an agenda is not an actual topic. Or is it?

I never said the thread shouldn't be made. And in fact, I gave an honest opinion on the subject with my first post in this thread. What I am questioning is the motives for posting this anyways since the discussion that would evolve from the initial reporting would cause some people to take the side of the attacker, which would then be used as a conservative/liberal dividing line, thus giving diablos991, MAB128, Fazgoolin, or any of the other drive-in posters ammunition to paint liberals as the real bad guys.

do you just want non-liberals to not post anything? can a liberal person not be a bad guy in a situation?

Toxi

Banned
Just because OP is transparent as glass doesn't mean you shouldn't treat this attack with the seriousness it deserves.

do you just want non-liberals to not post anything? can a liberal person not be a bad guy in a situation?

Is that what you gathered from my post? I'd actually love to see some moderates or conservatives post a response to the OP. I mean it'll probably be the same opinion as mine, the attacker did something horrific and should be put in jail or institutionalized. This person is probably a liberal and so am I.

It's just a tacky joke around the inability of a certain subsection of GAF to articulate constructive dialogue around race relations and race resentment. It being predictable is what makes it amusing.

How thick are the walls in your glass house?

This thread turned sour quickly.

On topic, she doesn't sound like she's right in the head. But she still attacked someone with the intention of harming them because they are white. So I believe it should be classified as a hate crime.

Is that what you gathered from my post? I'd actually love to see some moderates or conservatives post a response to the OP. I mean it'll probably be the same opinion as mine, the attacker did something horrific and should be put in jail or institutionalized. This person is probably a liberal and so am I.

I dont see how you would love for a conservative or moderate to respond to the OP when you seem to have a strong issue with the thread being posted in the first place.

I dont see how you would love for a conservative or moderate to respond to the OP when you seem to have a strong issue with the thread being posted in the first place.

Well the thread has been posted already. So why not get an opinion from the right on it?

Well the thread has been posted already. So why not get an opinion from the right on it?

How would a conservative opinion differ from a liberal opinion in this regard. You have tried to make it an issue of liberals vs conservatives but the original story is loosely connected at best in that regard.

How would a conservative opinion differ from a liberal opinion in this regard. You have tried to make it an issue of liberals vs conservatives but the original story is loosely connected at best in that regard.

I never said that it would differ. And the only issue I've been pushing is the questioning of the OP's motives. But even then, all I did was agree with another poster, and then defend my views on the OP's motives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom