• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roblox banned indefinitely in Turkey over child exploitation

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.dexerto.com/roblox/robl...ly-in-turkey-over-child-exploitation-2855423/
Relevant prior thread: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/bloomberg-robloxs-pedophile-problem.1673093/

The Turkish government has blocked access to Roblox for all users and creators over “child exploitation” concerns.

Further claims stated, according to Turkish media, that Roblox hosted virtual parties promoting pedophilia and that “robux,” the platform’s virtual currency, was being distributed by bot accounts to encourage children’s involvement in these activities, and excess presence of gambling sites and their predatory tactics.

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

Skifi28

Not very smart. You had all the child molesters concentrated in one place, now they're going to spread everywhere.

Z O N E

We live in a day and age where a lot of parents don't want to take responsibility for the media their kids consume, so they automatically blame anyone and everyone but themselves when their kids are exposed to things.

So, no surprise a Government would get involved and do it for them.

We live in a day and age where a lot of parents don't want to take responsibility for the media their kids consume, so they automatically blame anyone and everyone but themselves when their kids are exposed to things.
Thank god i'm from 1988 and literally grew up as the internet started showing up. My first social media was in 2006 (HI5) and there won't be cringe tiktok videos of mine of some weird instagram stories. My parents never had to deal with this.

Nowadays everything is so damn different. If i were a parent i'd be stressed as hell 24 / 7 but that's because i know how dangerous things can be. Most parents don't seem to know or care.

Top Bottom