• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksmith |OT| While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Next week, we'll have a whole slew of exciting news to reveal at E3, including a new song pack from a legendary classic rock group!

Facebook

YOnSv.png

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
No "Dead!" ?

Fuck.... :(

ya not really that keen on the selection..seems to be alot of secondary tier songs lately..probably just my perception since last 3 or 4 selections haven't been bands I like all the much..but oh well.

I think I'm one of the group that want the same old songs from Rockband and Guitar Hero since I'm using this game to learn the songs, I want to learn the hits.

I'm less interested in stuff that's not available from the other rhythm games for the sake of being different.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we're happy to officially announce that BASS is coming to Rocksmith this fall! It will initially be offered as a DLC for the current game in Sept, then included on a new disk edition of the game in Oct. We can also confirm the October release will include a PC Edition. Thanks for playing Rocksmith, there's lots more great stuff in the works right now!!

http://theherofeed.com/4264/rocksmith-announces-bass-pc-2012-e3/

Ubisoft today announced that Rocksmith will receive downloadable content which allows players to plug in and play with a bass guitar. The bass DLC is slated for release on Sept. 4 and will be available for $29.99. In addition, on Oct. 16 the standard edition of the game—available for $79.99—will ship with the bass content included on the disc and the Real Tone Cable, which is a unique ¼” to USB cable that allows you to plug in any guitar/bass into your game console.

The guitar bundle will also be available for $199.99 and includes the Epiphone Les Paul Jr guitar, along with the bass DLC and real tone cable. It will be ship for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC.

Ubisoft announced that bass arrangements have been added to existing in-game tracks and previously released DLC tracks. You’ll also get the chance to hone your skills like 2-finger plucking, slapping, and popping with technique challenges, tutorial videos and mini-games. You can also play any 6-string guitar to emulate a 4-string bass.

http://www.psu.com/a015642/E3-2012--Rocksmith-getting-bass-DLC-this-fall-

Not sure if 100% true but there you go

pompidu

Keep playing, the songs get harder. Since you're actually playing a song, it's not like they can randomly add notes just to make it harder.
Well I played the first nirvana song and it has one note going in the beggining with the actual guitar player is going apeshit in the song. Confused to hell.

sladeums

Well I played the first nirvana song and it has one note going in the beggining with the actual guitar player is going apeshit in the song. Confused to hell.

The more notes you play accurately the more notes it gives you to play.
Conversely, if you miss enough notes it takes notes away.

The game will continually adjust up or down in difficulty to match how you are playing.

I'm guessing by the first Nirvana song you mean Breed, assuming you're looking at the songs in alphabetical order.
If so, here is an example of what the arrangement of that song looks like once you attain a higher level of mastery :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOosNX91Xh4

Your first several times performing the song, though, you're only gonna see a small fraction of those notes until you are performing them accurately and consistently.

pompidu

The game will continually adjust up or down in difficulty to match how you are playing.

I'm guessing by the first Nirvana song you mean Breed, assuming you're looking at the songs in alphabetical order.
If so, here is an example of what the arrangement of that song looks like once you attain a higher level of mastery :

Your first several times performing the song, though, you're only gonna see a small fraction of those notes until you are performing them accurately and consistently.
Omg thank you! Scaling difficult is unique. Was so damn confused about how this worked. So basically keep playing and it will scale accordingly? Amy way to get rid.of that split second lag? I've adjusted the timing meter and am running analog but can't get rid of that delay.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Omg thank you! Scaling difficult is unique. Was so damn confused about how this worked. So basically keep playing and it will scale accordingly? Amy way to get rid.of that split second lag? I've adjusted the timing meter and am running analog but can't get rid of that delay.

if your running it thru a receiver set it to stereo direct and don't use simulated surround modes or 6 channel stereo ect..they all add latency

sladeums

Every person's set up is unique and it sometimes can be difficult to determine the best possible configuration for you.
The main rule of thumb is just to eliminate as much digital conversion going on anywhere in your signal chain as you can.
Using component instead of HDMI, the previous advice to not use any other signal processing in your stereo, if you have a Gaming mode on your TV fiddle with that, make sure your TV isn't trying to do any additional sound processing or EQ'ing...etc

It can be a little frustrating to troubleshoot depending on what you got going on.

And yes the difficulty will scale up as you do better (or down if you do worse!) and is constantly adjusting according to your performance - this feature is called "Dynamic Difficulty".
So depending on your skill it might take some time to get songs up into a higher mastery level where you are seeing a fuller and more exciting to play arrangements ... but for the most part I think it feels pretty rewarding getting there.

Note that you can also level up individual phrases/sections from songs in Riff Repeater instead of playing the entire song and the mastery levels carry over between them all.

Bass DLC for $30 is beyond reasonable. And I'd rather pay that with bass added in to all the previous songs and DLC along with technique challenges, tutorial videos, and mini-games (Slap-A-Mole incoming). Excited.

Woah, playing a left handed guitar right handed (read: he inverted the strings). Didn't know the game lets you do that, also didn't know anyone has such a preference.

Ooooh, ok I'm stupid. I was thinking actually reorganizing the strings themselves on the actual guitar so they are inverted, which would be quite weird and that's what had me shocked. I must of phased out when reading your comment about it resembling tablature, which makes a of sense now.

Omg thank you! Scaling difficult is unique. Was so damn confused about how this worked. So basically keep playing and it will scale accordingly?

You can also go into riff repeater
press pause
set mastery to 95%
play it perfectly
that section will now be levelled up in the game

I also recommend doing all the technique challenges. Those level up the arrangements a lot

Now, I’m not saying that I have insider information regarding anything Rocksmith-related (jk, I do), but I may or may not have happened upon Paul Cross and Nao Higo outside the Los Angeles Convention Center after the first official day of E3 2012 wrapped up.They definitely didn’t tell me that Queen was going to be making an appearance in their game, by the way, and they also didn’t tell me that the songs were possibly going to be “Bohemian Rhapsody,” “Stone Cold Crazy,” “Keep Yourself Alive,” “Fat Bottomed Girls,” and one super secret mystery song (but only because I can’t remember what it was).
You know, this is all conjecture, by the way. Nothing confirmed. Nope. Nothing at all. Go on your way.
Oh, and the songs, if that is indeed their nature as DLC, will be available as a pack or as individual downloads. Just sayin’.

http://www.thegamingvault.com/2012/...o-rocksmith-it-will-not-let-you-go-let-me-go/

So, is there any indication that this is ever actually coming to PC? Been waiting for that so I can travel with it easily on my laptop. I assume it's not really coming at this point and I should just get the 360 version.

sladeums

So, is there any indication that this is ever actually coming to PC? Been waiting for that so I can travel with it easily on my laptop. I assume it's not really coming St this point and I should just get the 360 version.

PC was confirmed to be releasing with the Bass DLC/Re-release in October.

You can pre-order at all the usual outlets who are showing a date of 10/16.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
maybe their waiting for windows 8 launch and its gonna be a windows 8 xbox live title..tho I'd much rather it was on steam.

I just want to it to work with a windows 8 tablet so I can bring it with me where ever to practice

sladeums

Awesome. Little late, but good to hear. Why would I pre order though?

Uh...I dunno, in case you really wanted it or something; which your post seemed to imply.

Primarily I was commenting on that to help lend credence to the fact that a PC retail version will in fact exist due to the fact that retailers are accepting orders for the product at this time.

Gotcha. I didn't know if there were pre order bonuses or something like they did with the console version. Short of that or $20 amazon credits, I don't believe in pre ordering, especially something that was supposed to be out months ago. I'll be there day one, though.

BigDug13

I have a fear with these kinds of games and DLC. Is the DLC going to stay viable through next gen? Will MS and Sony drop support in a few years for all previous console DLC? I have probably around $1000 worth of Rock Band DLC and I'm wondering if I should get this game for the 360 or wait for the PC version which should be more guaranteed to continue DLC support.

Has there been any mention specifically about DLC support for next-gen consoles for games like this?

Top Bottom