• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] GTA VI internally delayed to early-mid 2026

Bitstream

Aging Matt Damon GIF

I wouldn’t count hacks and leaks as the same. 😛
Leaks are leaks my man, they could come from internal forces or external forces.

In the case of GTAVI, it’s been both.

- Hacker leaks in Sept 2022
- Aaron Garbut’s son leaking dev footage from Aaron’s at-home computer last year
- Trailer getting leaked the day before it was supposed to come out

This game has been plagued by leaks so far, and we’re still some ways off from launch.

You’re generally right though - prior to a few years ago, Rockstar had been one of the most water-tight companies around.

Edit: Forgot about RDR2’s map leaking in 2016. Before that though, yeah I can’t remember anything leaking from R*

Last edited:

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Uncle Phil got to them… Mid 2026 sounds right about the same time the nextbox is released.

Rockstar would love to have ps5 Pro and a nextbox sku for release window allowing them to get mad cash and not tipping the console scales too much.

I’ve been preparing for this. People been sayin nah it’s definitely coming out 2025 “cause rockstar said so”… yeah Rockstar talk shit. I still have my GTA V Spring 2013 poster to prove it.

until the game is downloading on my PS5 then I don’t believe it’ll come out when Rockstar say so.

I bet part of this is because they want to launch as close to next gen as possible so they can sell us the same game again for PS6/Xbox Next.
Just as they did a year later before PS4 came out.

Fess

PC version potentially in 2028 is insane.
They want the double dip money. But it’s such an outdated strategy to not sync the releases like every other successful release the last couple years. And it’s totally going to sour the release talk, millions will be salty on the fence, some won’t be able to handle it and will do nothing but search for and exaggerate flaws. It always happens.

That said, I still haven’t played GTA5 🫣 so I’d say just make sure it’s a great version.

saintjules

Gold Member
I mean I felt like the game was set to release in either summer or fall 2025. So early 2026 wouldn't be that bad of a push back. Especially if a date was given.

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member
The fact that i have to wait and extra year after for whenever the release date is is just a big fuck you from RS, i lost all interest in following knoing i gotta wait until prob 2027

ItJustWorks

Neo Member
If this is true...then this is bordering on disrespectful to the base imo lol

And gaming in 2024 man...jeez. this gen....we need to have more convos about how to resolve all of this lol

Why are we even discussing what “some random Twitter dude” says?

While we’re talking GTA 6’s release date: I think it will be September or October 2025. I don’t see a delay to 2026 happening. I believe the original plan was 2024, then it became first half 2025, and then Fall 2025. So already internal delays.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Would be pretty rough if it gets delayed.

The only silver lining is if they get the pc version up to snuff for launch day. Which they won't do.

Z O N E

These days everyone thinks they're an insider... especially when it comes to GTA 6.

It's a random guy with 10k followers. What better way to stir up shit than to post "GTA 6 delayed" in the middle of the night.

PeteBull

There might be some truth to the delay info/leak, its already 9 months from the reveal trailer and we didnt get 2nd one. If we get no gameplay trailer this year(less than 4 months left) then i think actual delay is inevitable.

Top Bottom