• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] GTA VI internally delayed to early-mid 2026

Paasei

Don’t really care. GTA is fun, but it’s been a while since R* games been truly amazing gameplay wise. They sure as hell can write and make it look good, but where it truly matters they’ve been lacking.

Toons

Is this the "Oh shit we better take all the woke crap out" delay?

Yall would be so lucky

This game could open with a drag queen dry humping frankie grande while rainbow fireworks go off behind them and its still gonna sell 20 million copies first 6 months

PeteBull

Yall would be so lucky

This game could open with a drag queen dry humping frankie grande while rainbow fireworks go off behind them and its still gonna sell 20 million copies first 6 months
That would be well below expectations, supposedly game has 1b usd budget so i would think it will sell 40-50m in launch window unless ppl get offput by something in the trailers(massive downgrade in visuals or/and some weird purple settings for "modern audience" aka no1;p) otherwise game is selling 2-3x higher than top2 of that year.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Did they though?

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 4, 2023-- Rockstar Games®, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto VI is coming to PlayStation® 5 computer entertainment systems and Xbox Series X|S games and entertainment systems in 2025.

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Digital Art Omg GIF by Vibeke Bertelsen (Udart)

Xtib81

I mean, would people really be surprised ? Every single GTA game has been delayed since at least San Andreas. If it Comes out in 2026, the best way to play this game will be on next gen consoles^^

Last edited:

Stafford

Now this Michael guy on Twitter, LegacyKillah said we should never doubt him because apparently he's been saying this for a while now.

You don't have to be Einstein to to realize a second delay can easily happen. I just wish Rockstar had waited with revealing it, but here we are.

ProtoByte

Weeb Underling
If this is the case, it begs the question: Why?

I get game development times are longer now. But let's put this in perspective:

GTA6 has been Rockstar's sole purpose since soon after Red Dead Redemption 2 in late 2018. 6 years ago.
They have the most profitable entertainment product of all time in GTA5 and TakeTwo continues to take away hundreds of millions from that game alone as they have for the past 9-10.
We already know that this game is breaking the record for the production budget. Rumors put the total cost at 1 billion, marketing surely included. Inflation's been nuts, but prices haven't quintupled or even doubled since GTA5's <250 million total.
No doubt, thousands upon thousands of developers have already touched this game. You can guarantee that Sony and Microsoft are at Rockstar's beck and call for support like they would be for their most key first party studios.

From what has been leaked so far, do we really expect GTA6 to be a quantum leap over 5 to the degree that it probably should be given all of this investment? And for that investment to stretch into 2026?? I highly doubt it.

Last edited:

Bernardougf

I dont have any faith this massive game releases bug free and without perfomance issues .. so 2026 .. I usually wait 1 year so they can ironout all the bugs and ajust perfomance.. so 2027... yeah.. Im playing this thing on my 2028 Ps6 at stable good 60fps mode ..

Bernardougf

Is this the "Oh shit we better take all the woke crap out" delay?
Imagine taking 8 yesrs to make a game and in the 6th year of dev time you realize that the social trope you had build is now cancer to your game ... time to rework some shit.

Its fun to joke and imagine but at the same time would be entirely possible, IF this people had introspection, which they usually dont.

Last edited:

Elios83

Hopefully it's not true, if it is we'll see reports from Schreier and others.
With one year of development left another small delay is possible though.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Gold Member
Make it a next gen launch title. It's going to be sad on the current consoles anyway lmao! Weak afff

I don't trust any "insider" but there are hints, like Rockstar bosses asking people to get their asses back to the office.

This game might become The One flop to rule them all.

Synless

I can not state how much I miss getting 2-3 mainline titles/sequels in a single gen. Now we can’t even get a single new GTA in 11 years.

I honestly think it’s pathetic, but I’m sure someone here will defend it.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Uncle Phil got to them… Mid 2026 sounds right about the same time the nextbox is released.

Rockstar would love to have ps5 Pro and a nextbox sku for release window allowing them to get mad cash and not tipping the console scales too much.
Team green would sure love their nextbox launch to align with GTA

But I have been saying this for about a year now :)

Hookshot

Gold Member
No way this is true. Sony are rushing their Pro out before Christmas to get sales that capitalize on this game. If it's not coming out what will people be playing? Last of us remake deluxe?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Uncle Phil got to them… Mid 2026 sounds right about the same time the nextbox is released.

Rockstar would love to have ps5 Pro and a nextbox sku for release window allowing them to get mad cash and not tipping the console scales too much.
No they were probably rushing to beat the launch of the PS5Pro so they could have released a PS5Pro version separately. Knowing they missed their window they probably thought what's the rush - keep pulling in that GTA online money an extra year.

Top Bottom