• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Microsoft Studios Is Working On Two Transformers Video Game Projects

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

We have received some intel stating that Microsoft Studios is working on not just one but two video game projects simply (code)named Transformers.

While we do not have any information at the moment, both projects seem to be targeting this year for their release.

It is interesting that Microsoft Studios now owns Activision Blizzard (formerly known as Activision). The company, prior to the acquisition by the tech giant, published multiple Transformers-related video game titles including Transformers: War For Cybertron and its follow-up Fall Of Cybertron.

There has been a renewed fan interest for the aforementioned games in recent times

We will update you all as we receive more info.

StereoVsn

Xbox PS5 Pro titles incoming! 😉

What are the chances these games would be any good? My kids kind of like Transformers so I wouldn’t mind even if these was more younger crowd oriented titles.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I just can't see how it'll be anything remotely interesting if it's not related to original G1-2, Headmasters, Victory or SGMF - the last three never even had high quality dedicated games. And of course if High Moon is not involved, I'm not interested.

But if I were to guess, it'll probably be WFC and FOC remasters or re-releases for all modern platforms and PC.

Last edited:

Holammer

Is the Transformers really a good mass market IP? One would have imagined how Transformers: Devastation should have sold like hotcakes with its developer pedigree, but it passed gently into the good night without ever making an impact. Delisted and forgotten.
Same with Macross.

Is the Transformers really a good mass market IP? One would have imagined how Transformers: Devastation should have sold like hotcakes with its developer pedigree, but it passed gently into the good night without ever making an impact. Delisted and forgotten.
Same with Macross.
Sales-wise I kind of agree. Quality-wise, they have had a pretty decent track record of fun and experimental games.

68xcbym069r91.jpg

digdug2

Same with Macross.
I really hope they remaster and re-release Devastation. It was a fantastic game and it's sad that it was just tossed to the side and is hard to get now without shelling out some serious $$$.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Fall of Cybertron was remastered on the Xbox One and is of course BC. They could just be relisting that.

Quasicat

My guess is that it is a rerelease since it sounds like they haven’t been in development very long and they are scheduled for 2024.

raduque

I have all 3 Cybertron games and Devastation on Steam, so these are gonna have to be good remasters for me to double dip.

Angry_Megalodon

Gold Member
I'd love a narrative hack-and-slash with huge bosses, based on the old comic arcs.

Not happening, though. It will likely be shit.

Last edited:

Ristifer

Anything to do with that Cybertron series and I’m one happy mofo. Glad I still own Devastation as well.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Looks like there might be something to this rumor afterall.

n8ZdbEe.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom