• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Platinum Games In Charge For MGS Rising Development [Platinum: Nope]

szaromir

Banned
Cooperation between KojiPro and Platinum Games? I can't even begin to imagine how silly and nonsensical the story would be.

Caramello

Chiggs said:
Faint praise considering Black had Hollywood at his disposal at one point in time and didn't do much after his initial success.

He's writing and directing Iron Man 3 though, so it is a fitting comparison.

Omikaru

Despite owning them all already, I would instantly double dip on MGS 1-3 on PC provided there were significant upgrades: HD and 16:9 are the two big things I'm after.

The PC ports thing is so incredibly unlikely, especially MGS4. That's the one that would benefit the most from it though I think. I want it to be true :(

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Baloonatic said:
The PC ports thing is so incredibly unlikely, especially MGS4. That's the one that would benefit the most from it though I think. I want it to be true :(

Yeah as much as I'd like it to be true I see virtually no reason for them to spend money on porting mgs 4 to the pc. ( 1, 2 and 3 already exist don't they? )

Mr_Zombie

I can believe in Platinum Games doing Rising. Something like releasing MGS and MGS2 on Steam is possible (although I doubt it), but porting MGS3 and MGS4? No way will that happen. Konami doesn't care about PC gaming that much to justify porting two (old) games.

Corky said:
Yeah as much as I'd like it to be true I see virtually no reason for them to spend money on porting mgs 4 to the pc. ( 1, 2 and 3 already exist don't they? )

Not sure about 3, I know 1 and 2 had PC versions.

Corky said:

I think MGS3 is still a PlayStation exclusive until the 3DS port is released.

Zenith

Banned
Finally, PC *PORTS* of MGS1, MGS2, MGS3 and MGS4 are bound to be released digitally via Valve's e-Commerce portal Steam.

No way that's true. That's just too "dream gaming announcement".

Gravijah said:
re-arranged by limp bizkit is actually snugglers favorite song, so i see what you did there
Glad I'm not the only one anxiously awaiting the 28th of June.

The Steam ports all boil down to whether or not Konami wish to make use of the DD platforms. Other publishers are making solid, continuing returns on Steam so why wouldn't Konami want to get onboard too?

Galvanise_ said:
*Ring Ring*

Kojima: Hi guys, its Hideo. . whatcha doing?

Young guys: Hi Hideo. . .erm. . .chopping melons. We are chopping melons.

Kojima: Cool.

2 years later

*Ring Ring*

Kojima: Hi guys, its Hideo. . whatcha doing?

Young guys: Hi Hideo, we are. . .erm. . .to be honest. . .we are still fucking around with chopping melons.

Kojima: You cannot be fucking serious. I don't rike this at all.

No, 2 years later, they probably would have discovered how to make watermelon wine.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Zenith said:
No way that's true. That's just too "dream gaming announcement".
I agree it's a bit too "dream announcement" to seem realistic, but it's actually not that absurd.
The first two are already on PC, MGS3 apparently has an unreleased PC version too, and MGS4 was basically developed on PC. Porting it would be quite trivial.
So, it's definitely within the realm of possibility.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
-NinjaBoiX- said:
So Platinum are deving Max Anarchy, MGS Rising and Bayo 2? That's a full plate right there.

Bayo 2? Where'd ya get that from?

Jocchan said:
I agree it's a bit too "dream announcement" to seem realistic, but it's actually not that absurd.
The first two are already on PC, MGS3 apparently has an unreleased PC version too, and MGS4 was basically developed on PC. Porting it would be quite trivial.
So, it's definitely within the realm of possibility.
People mentioned the unreleased PC version of MGS3 few times in this thread. What's the source?

brotkasten said:
People mentioned the unreleased PC version of MGS3 few times in this thread. What's the source?
Someone did a preview for a PC magazine because they were informed of an imminent port announcement. They never saw a PC version. This was a long time ago. This is how rumours start.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Graphics Horse said:
Perhaps the PC would get a version based on the 3DS remake..
I doubt the 3DS version will be much of an upgrade over the PS2 version, if it is at all.
Subsistence has one very big thing over the 3DS one: camera control (or at least camera control that's still feasible to use no matter what's going on in gameplay).
Snuggler said:
he's not that out of touch

I'll take it, we need more motorcycle based games this gen
Gravijah said:
re-arranged by limp bizkit is actually snugglers favorite song, so i see what you did there
What's with the lack of punctuation and capitals? You think it makes you look cool or something?

Prine

Banned
5fcb9_MGS_4--article_image.jpg

This.......this is good.

Gravijah said:
i'm taking a stand against the lack of education in third world countries
Aren't you promoting the acceptance of a lack of education by not using punctuation? Or should people feel bad for you BECAUSE of the lack of punctuation and therefore will feel the need to donate to their nearest 'Educate the poverty and war stricken' charity? This is the real question that has been raised in this thread that needs an answer. Extra points for twitter use.

Gravijah

reptilescorpio said:
Aren't you promoting the acceptance of a lack of education by not using punctuation? Or should people feel bad for you BECAUSE of the lack of punctuation and therefore will feel the need to donate to their nearest 'Educate the poverty and war stricken' charity? This is the real question that has been raised in this thread that needs an answer. Extra points for twitter use.

#yes

reptilescorpio said:
Someone did a preview for a PC magazine because they were informed of an imminent port announcement. They never saw a PC version. This was a long time ago. This is how rumours start.
Konami told that PC mag that a MGS3 port would be released, the mag did a preview and Konami didn't release shit. Is that correct?

NinjaBoiX

Corky said:
Bayo 2? Where'd ya get that from?
No? I'm sure I heard that. Oh well, my bad.
That being the case, it sounds more likely to be true. MA's dev cycle is probably just about winding up in the next few months, so they can go full steam into MGS:R.

/XX/

duckroll said:
Of late, 5pb has not been doing well, and I recall they just got bought over by a Korean company. This was a small personal project by Kojima, and if it got canned, it would probably affect him on a more personal level than if some MGS project he was casually overseeing got canned.
Oh! You know more information about this? Last I know about 5pb. was that they merged with their parent company, AG-ONE, forming MAGES (メージス). They said Chiyomaru Shikura (that he himself had meetings with Hideo Kojima and Goichi Suda, supposedly related with that new incarnation of 'Project S') would still be the visible head of said new company, and apparently no ongoing work of 5pb. would be compromised because of this situation. Has this changed lately?

duckroll

/XX/ said:
Oh! You know more information about this? Last I know about 5pb. was that they merged with their parent company, AG-ONE, forming MAGES (メージス). They said Chiyomaru Shikura (that he himself had meetings with Hideo Kojima and Goichi Suda, supposedly related with that new incarnation of 'Project S') would still be the visible head of said new company, and apparently no ongoing work of 5pb. would be compromised because of this situation. Has this changed lately?

It hasn't really changed, but after such restructures, what companies say they will do, and what they actually do are often not the same thing. I wouldn't be surprised if it did have an impact on ongoing work, especially stuff which has not been officially announced. Again, this is just speculation.

DieH@rd said:
And in the other news, TTP has started crying.

I still BELIVE in his rumors.

Were all of those rumors intended to be announced at E3? If not then none of those comments by Kojima disprove those rumors. They could announce Rising dev switch and those PC ports at E3 and save the MGS5 announcement for TGS. Kojima did say last year that he wanted to announce his next game at this years TGS.

.la1n

I love GAF around E3 time, the smell of crow in the air. We are going to be shitting feathers for weeks when it is all said and done.

Yen

All that news is far, far too good to be true. I don't believe it because the world could not contain all that awesome.

Kafel

Banned
Please do not ban if it ends up being a dud. My source is 100% reliable.

Every rumor thread should start with this. You can post all the shit you want but if you do it politely then you're safe.

Top Bottom