• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 9 |OT| The Largest Cross-Dressing Convention of All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk if Sasha can win, she's not particularly versatile. She reminds me a bit of Max in that regard.

Violet was willing to step outside of her comfort zone when she had to, almost every Sasha look so far has just been Sasha.

Never forget Violet's ugly dress.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
When will Sasha? TBH
tumblr_niwa95K0J11rru9a2o1_500.png

mantidor

Violet is / was fierce, but it helped her a lot her competition was pretty weak, once Katya was out it was her crown. Sasha is not on that level, Shea/Valentina/Nina are tough competition.

Vazra

i love this look but i was really surprised to see the reception it got on fashion photo review (they basically said the oxygen tank and mask suggest she's still alive)

imo it's a slay either way though

I like Fashion Photo Ruview but they sometimes have questionable taste with some of the stuff they boot and toot. They like to nitpick tons on traditional looks that are well executed for being traditional but there is plenty of tacky or wtf looks they praised for simply being crazy even if the execution is shit.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Alexis talk backstage was ridic and I wish someone pointed it out to her. Lol @ gathering everyone like it was some important shit. Nina turning her back to it was worth it though, she's always making me laugh with her body language on untucked.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Alexis talk backstage was ridic and I wish someone pointed it out to her. Lol @ gathering everyone like it was some important shit. Nina turning her back to it was worth it though, she's always making me laugh with her body language on untucked.
She's delusional. Who in their right mind goes into a competition expecting the competition to help you WIN and when they don't, gathers everyone to discuss why they didn't?

really.gif

I could sort of empathize if her outfit was a mess and everyone lied to her face about it after she asked for their honest opinion and help. Sort of. But that's not what she was upset about, she was mad that they didn't prop her up and give her the win this week. Ridiculous.

Farrah's ugly crying in every episode plus Nina's overwhelming social anxiety speaks to me.
I could see the poor thing SHAKING on the runway during judging this week.
She really wants to show what she can do so she can finally be recognized and accepted for her work.

Vazra

I could see the poor thing SHAKING on the runway during judging this week.
She really wants to show what she can do so she can finally be recognized and accepted for her work.

Sadly all she showed so far is that she is not quite ready for this show. She can look pretty from what I've seen on her social media but what about performance or creating her own looks?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Shea was good and overall cute with her Ru rave. I'm okay with her winning the whole thing. But I thought Mamager Alexis was the best performer on the musical, her runway was bad though.

I'm warming up to peppermint as well. Her interviews are entertaining too.

I really loved Eureka, and hate that she had to go this way. I'm hoping she'll take Ru up on the offer, assuming the show isn't cancelled.

Nina can go. Farrah can go. Cucu can go. And the purple lit set can DIAF.

Vazra

I really loved Eureka, and hate that she had to go this way. I'm hoping she'll take Ru up on the offer, assuming the show isn't cancelled..

Show was renewed for Season 10 so she will most likely have the chance.

Adaren

Alexis was playing victim more than Nina in that Untucked. Really think they're gonna put you in the bottom two just because they slagged your runway outfit? They dug the hell out of her performance. It was a bad runway look for sure, but it wasn't gonna tank her. It was clear from the critique that Cynthia and Farrah were bottom two. So it just seemed like Alexis wanted an excuse to complain. "I might lose because of the dress." C'mon now.

IIRC she wasn't complaining that she might get eliminated. She was complaining that she wasn't going to win. Which only makes it even more eye-roll-inducing.

Sadly all she showed so far is that she is not quite ready for this show. She can look pretty from what I've seen on her social media but what about performance or creating her own looks?
Oh no, now I can see she won't win and can't quote handle all the pressure.
I'm excited for her post Drag Race growth and the new fans and love she'll get.

Vazra

Oh no, now I can see she won't win and can't quote handle all the pressure.
I'm excited for her post Drag Race growth and the new fans and love she'll get.

She will grow and even if she is not showing progress in the show she will learn from those mistakes when watching them on TV. Plus Im sure the queens from the season will help her too like it has been done in other seasons with girls that needed help polishing up on other areas.

I can't think of another show that would be harder to subtitle into other languages than this one.

Like, how would you even translate "Bitch, you turned that out!" or any of the the million Ru-isms ("Herstory!") without losing 90% of the intent behind them?

Gradon

I was quite annoyed with Nina being in the bottom, she had no critiques on her actual performance and they liked her look. It was just 'you're being a bit rude, so you're in the bottom sorry'

Monocle

Wow Alexis's embarassing entitled rant should be a red flag to anyone who wants to work with her in the future.

So she helped other contestants earlier. She thinks that means everyone agreed to her unspoken condition that they're in her debt now?

"WHY DIDN'T YOU SAVE ME FROM MY CHOICES?" Fuck outta here with that 6-pack-at-3pm you-made-daddy-angry control freak egomania.

P.S. Ru should have had a triple elimination. Cynthia and Farrah have reached their limits IMO. I did like Cynthia's runway though.

WonderzL

Banned
I was like "oh i feel bad for alexis" watching the episode

then untucked happened lmao.

next. what a crybaby.

Eureka is so good, I feel bad she is going. Anyway, that pretty much settles season 10 to be good with a lot of drama = D

Fake edit: I relate to Nina a lot. I know how it feels to feel like you're shit doing your "public" job. I cry every time I get a critique even though that leaves a bad image of myself.

Actual edit:
I was quite annoyed with Nina being in the bottom, she had no critiques on her actual performance and they liked her look. It was just 'you're being a bit rude, so you're in the bottom sorry'

So, this season's edit is SO BAD that it was very clear they got her in the bottom for drama

Do it. Also, don't forget to watch the Untucked. It took me 9 whole days (vacation days) to watch seasons 1-6, so keep that in mind if you are busy. It's very addicting.

Thank God for Amazon Prime.

Also
Eureka
....no!!!!! I love her.

EDIT: Dammit...Amazon only has a certain number of seasons :-(

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I don't know what the producers are going to do without Eureka's presence, potshots, and interviews. Save us Peppermint and Shea.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Wow Alexis's embarassing entitled rant should be a red flag to anyone who wants to work with her in the future.

So she helped other contestants earlier. She thinks that means everyone agreed to her unspoken condition that they're in her debt now?

"WHY DIDN'T YOU SAVE ME FROM MY CHOICES?" Fuck outta here with that 6-pack-at-3pm you-made-daddy-angry control freak egomania.

P.S. Ru should have had a triple elimination. Cynthia and Farrah have reached their limits IMO. I did like Cynthia's runway though.
Gurl, take responsibility for your own choices. These aren't your sisters, they're your competitors. You "helped" others of your volition. That doesn't entitle to get any help back.

royalan

This list is booty.

Alyssa only #7. Katya not on the list at all?

And Alaska doesn't deserve the #1 spot, and that's not even shade to Alaska
(even though I hated her on All Stars 2)
, but she's definitely one of those queens who's more well known for what she did after the show than while she was on it.

Meanwhile, every single thing Alyssa said or did in both her season AND all stars became a meme and is on a t-shirt somebody is wearing. Even if you hate her, no way she's not the most memorable queen to come out of Drag Race.

valeu

nina reminds me of me in my early 20's, not her genius talent (i never had that), but the 'poor me' low self esteem attitude. it must be intense to have to face that on television

Fuckin' Alexis, lol. Girl, it's a competition.

Nina getting the Rudemption edit? Mama Ru tic-tac sitdown: "You've overcome your inner saboteur and I'm so proud to see it, sniff... btw can you point to where the bad man touched you?"

royalan

Looking at Nina's Instagram, almost more than her creative looks I'm amazed by her more normal "glamour" paint, because it shows that unlike some queens, her creativity isn't a crutch. She's just really fucking talented.

Like this,

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTPQ1JIh15Y/?taken-by=nina_bonina_brown&hl=en

is a gorgeous face.

Which just makes it so heartbreaking that she has absolutely zero confidence in herself. But I totally get it. Artists are always harshest on themselves and, just being real, Atlanta was the worst city for her to be a creative, outside-the-box queen in. Pageant dominates that drag scene.

When even Nicole Page Brooks, for all her lack of talent, thinks she can attack Nina online, I can only imagine the type of reception she got from actual talented pageant queens in Atlanta.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
When even Nicole Page Brooks, for all her lack of talent, thinks she can attack Nina online, I can only imagine the type of reception she got from actual talented pageant queens in Atlanta.
Link please.

And I agree that she has talent. Her looks so far have been in the top for me, even while knowing she's cutting corners due to time crunch.

Even boy Nina looks good in his "natural look" makeup.

I mean, going through her Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BSuMXIvh0N9/

That's hot.

But the self-defeating/destructive attitude that unravelled on this, it may not register as "vulnerable" with some and instead read childish and Debbie-downer.

Nina did an Instagram Live last week and got pretty real about her issues with self esteem. Basically it came down to the fact she's been through so much and been beaten down so many times, she always expect the worst and it's hard for her to live in the moment and accept good things for what they are. She was in Hawaii and said she couldn't even enjoy that fully because she was worried about what happens next. It was actually really sad, but it was cool to see her be so honest and vulnerable with fans. The chat was really supportive. Even Chris Crocker was in the chat and telling her how cool and inspiring she is haha. Nina's obviously really intelligent and sensitive. I hope she can continue to work on herself and embrace the opportunities in front of her, because she has a lot of raw talent. With a little polish and more experience, she could do some amazing stuff.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I hope Nina wins a challenge and the prize is a year's worth of therapy because her lack of self-esteem is heartbreaking.

She's also the hottest in boy form so it's doubly unfair.

Wilsongt

I hope Nina wins a challenge and the prize is a year's worth of therapy because her lack of self-esteem is heartbreaking.

She's also the hottest in boy form so it's doubly unfair.

I think the show has helped her a lot. She was in a dark place during filming trying to justify herself in the Atlanta gay and drag scene.

I have generalized anxiety disorder so I relate with Nina so much. Im working on it and doing a lot better after therapy but it's an everyday struggle. If you're not on top of that shit, it's very easy to default into defeatist mode and just wallow in self pity. It's hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom