• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 runs at 60FPS on Xbox Series X

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Focus on one mode and polish it well.

Good.

O4UYDgc.png

Cobaiye

4A games are going to have to step their game up even further with the next Metro game. They got some serious competition now.

What are you talking about there is no competition between these two titles, they cannot be more different from each other.

Last edited:

Bry0

I’m actually shocked to hear John give it praise. I was expecting it to be a bit of a technical mess.
Hats off to GSC, seriously! I can’t wait to play this.

Xdrive05

It should. Recommended spec is a 3700X and RTX 2070 Super / 1080ti / 5700xt which should translate very well to the consoles. Great to hear!

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I think this is great news for PC gamers though. Most rigs shouldn’t have an issue getting to 60 fps as well.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
watch the gameplay footage they released last week. it has little to no action. its an exploration game.

its no metro.

Something commendable about them just focusing on one mode if it means a good 60 FPS.

John does say the IQ looks very good as well.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
The difference was that last gen there was no choice, the CPUs just couldn't do 60. Now that they can, there is no reason for 30fps gunplay.
the game is likely only 10% gunplay. the rest is all exploration. id rather the 90% of the game look the best it can look and settle for 30 fps for the few combat encounters.

Reactions: Isa

Darsxx82

If they achieve a good performance in XSX, it will be doubly commendable after all the difficulties they have suffered. That said, they will surely also have to thank MS for the patience they have had with them and the support offered.

StereoVsn

watch the gameplay footage they released last week. it has little to no action. its an exploration game.

its no metro.
Have you played the original Stalker games? It’s always like that, careful exploration interspersed with frantic action.

You don’t want 30FPS Stalker game.

StereoVsn

You don’t want any 30FPS.

30FPS should be eradicated from gaming all together.
I mean in some games it would be ok. Not great but passable. Namely turned based games, adventure games, perhaps walking sims.

But definitely you don’t want 30FPS in anything with fast pacing. Plus 30FPS on OLED TVs just sucks.

Skifi28

I mean in some games it would be ok. Not great but passable. Namely turned based games, adventure games, perhaps walking sims.

But definitely you don’t want 30FPS in anything with fast pacing. Plus 30FPS on OLED TVs just sucks.
On the one hand we have the "120fps or nothing" crowd and on the other the "give me 30fps on everything". I feel like there's lots of room in-between instead of dealing in absolutes.

Top Bottom