• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 runs at 60FPS on Xbox Series X

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
It includes all sorts of mutants, so it's really hard to feel excluded.
Meme Lol GIF by ALL SEEING EYES

Did you just call trans, mutants? lol

BigLee74

the game is likely only 10% gunplay. the rest is all exploration. id rather the 90% of the game look the best it can look and settle for 30 fps for the few combat encounters.
You can’t have played any of the Stalker games before, because there are more than a few combat encounters.

60fps should always be a priority. 30fps an option for masochists.

(Just finished replaying the first stalker - clunky AF - just as I remembered it)

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I don't doubt it but at what resolution?
I don’t think anyone has come out and said. But resolution doesn’t mean everything. Take a look at Starfield for example. Its new performance mode is at a lower resolution, but its image quality is top notch. Resolution doesn’t mean as much as it used to.

Going to be fine. It's a shooter not a complicated RPG with lots of systems running in the background. Also running on UE5 so no archaic engine holding it back.

Stafford

Watching the Xbox stream now and the dev too says they are showing it on Xbox there but when the gameplay starts it's clearly PC. Or can you actually hook up keyboard and mouse nowadays on Xbox?

StueyDuck

Glad to hear it, I still am a little worried this isn't going to live up to what we all expect a STALKER 2 to be.

But here's hoping

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Watching the Xbox stream now and the dev too says they are showing it on Xbox there but when the gameplay starts it's clearly PC. Or can you actually hook up keyboard and mouse nowadays on Xbox?

Yes, lots of game, even the Xbox UI, has KB+M support natively these days.

thatJohann

Pay attention, developers. This is how it should be on consoles. One single mode and well-optimized. Save all the graphics settings toggles for PC.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Oh wow, i had no idea. That's kinda awesome for those that really want to use it. I won't, it's far from ideal on the couch looking at the big screen. But in that case it looks super smooth on XSX. Unfortunately it's solely night gameplay, but ah well.
maxresdefault.jpg

Roberts

A wonderful surprise. I think all the promotional videos so far have been 30fps so I kind of assumed it is what we are going to get.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Haha, nah that ain't for me. I got my dog most of the time sleeping next to me or on my lap, so that wouldn't work.
I hear ya. On weekends, I’m in my recliner, I have my 5 year old laying between my legs, my 2 year old sleeping on my arm, and 1-2 cats laying on my chest. It’s a sight, lol. My wife has many pictures of me with everyone/thing laying on me while I’m asleep. They all steal my warmth!

Bry0

Going to be fine. It's a shooter not a complicated RPG with lots of systems running in the background. Also running on UE5 so no archaic engine holding it back.
Uh, stalker has tons of rpg elements and systems running in the background…

Bry0

Not really. It has some basic RPG elements but hardly anything that stresses the CPU enough to turn it into a 30 fps game.
A-life in xray brought every pc to its knees on the original game. I couldn’t get good frames in anomaly until I bought a 5800x3d. X-ray was a pretty old engine though

skyfinch

You guys seeing the common theme? Black Myth on PS5 is rock solid 60fps, now Stalker 2 on Xbox is the same.
It took a while but I think 60fps is here to stay this gen!

Top Bottom