• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samsung Galaxy Note II (new flagship Android phone from Samsung)

reKon

Banned
If I decide to get the S4, I can see myself using the multitask window a lot. How often do you guys use it on the note II? Also, would you be able to do the combinations of Google maps/texting app or fb messenger OR YouTube/facebook messenger?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
If I decide to get the S4, I can see myself using the multitask window a lot. How often do you guys use it on the note II? Also, would you be able to do the combinations of Google maps/texting app or fb messenger OR YouTube/facebook messenger?

Almost never.

tigerin

i love it. I use it all the times with YouTube while I'm browsing on chrome. All i need now is for them to add in netflix and I'm set.

all the time. but i'm running a multiwindow mod that enables all apps... and i dunno about FB Messenger but even with a stock rom, Google Maps, Text and Youtube are supported (except on Verizon iirc) so those would work right out of the box.

I am going to get mine tomorrow.

So, walk in, buy it at the Verizon store, walk out? That simple?

16gb is the only one out right now, correct?

Volotaire

So the Note 3 flexible plastic display rumors are around again, and apparently it will allow the handset to be up to 50 g lighter and 1 mm thinner. I think this could be a big feature to me, I'm a very clumsy person, and this kind of screen would be a killer feature for me.

Just hoping the handset won't be enlarged too much, as the Note 2 is on the borders of being big enough for me (don't actually own one). Hopefully they reduce the bezel instead.

I swear that every fifth person who walks by on the streets of Beijing and Xi'an has a Note II in her hand. The other people have S3s, some flavor of iPhone, or some home grown brands like Huawei.

Rarely on my Note 2 but I use it all the time on my Note 10.1 tablet.

TheTowel

I've definitely gotten shit for having such a huge phone. Most of my friends have iphones. Then they actually use the note and immediately see the appeal.

I also jumped on board now because I think the gn2's gonna be even bigger.

My browser (stock) has been crashing a lot while on GAF the past few days, this used to never happen before. I'm not sure what might be causing it, I haven't installed anything recently, I've restarted the phone a few times since, I only have one tab open but it still happening :(

Also the battery cover has developed a crackling sound when I hold it or push on it a certain way.

Top Bottom