• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samurai Action Game Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae Coming to PS4 February 16th

Loudninja

Hey there, PlayStation Nation! Nayan here again from Playism. We’ve been releasing plenty of games on PS4 up until now, but we’re not done yet! We’ve got a real heater coming, and it’s one of my personal favorites.
Welcome to the world of Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae.

We know full well that Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae is a mouthful to say, but we wanted to maintain that authentic samurai feel for this game.
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae is the story of a demonic sword, and the young warrior who stole it for her own ends. Hot on her heels is our main character, and her best friend. Once friends, but now forced to fight each other, players will cut their way through arenas filled with monsters, robots, and thugs in need of a good slicing.
While Mitsurugi uses a combo system similar to character action games you might have played in the past, it employs a unique combo finishing system inspired by classic samurai movies and anime.

In addition to this unique combo finishing system, players will be able to learn a wealth of awesome abilities during the course of their game, including devastating dive kicks, lightning fast sword combos, and incredible counters.
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae originally released on PC, but it’s a controller-based character action game at heart and destined to hit PS4. That’s why we’re so excited to finally put it in PlayStation gamers hands on February 16th, 2015. The game will be a digital purchase on PlayStation Store, and will be available for $11.99.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/02/03/samurai-action-game-mitsurugi-kamui-hikae-coming-to-ps4/

BadWolf

Just checked out some gameplay on YT.

The way she uses her sword reminds me of Vergil, she even sheaths her sword like him.

PantsuJo

I have it on Steam. Cool sword-smashing game for short&furious sessions. Can be challenging in last stages. I recommend it.

People who like character action shoud definitely get this game.

It's probably the best action combat in an indie game.

Corpekata

Banned
It's not terrible but like suggested above, I'd really only play in short sessions as it gets repetitive very quickly.

The combat system is interesting, it's essentially DMC-lite with a few unique mechanics of its own. But the amount of content is incredibly shallow.

It's gonna get destroyed for being bare bones, which it is. $12 is actually high for what it is.

Kinda wish they'd made it into a full game by now. Or even just an expansion pack to flesh out the game would be nice.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
How is the game compared to Croixleur Sigma?

biteren

I wouldn't recommend it. Even if you play it on every difficulty you will breeze through this game and it really doesn't have many enemy types. $12 is kind of steep for it.

i do have this on steam and haven't got teeth into it, but i do want to support indie character action games. best option looks like waiting for sale

RexNovis

Banned
Kinda weird that they didnt link to any gameplay video in their PS Blog post. Doesn't exactly breed a lot of confidence.

People who like character action shoud definitely get this game.

It's probably the best action combat in an indie game.

I love character action. This game is extremely bad. I beat it on normal and again on hard on Xbox One.

I couldn't recommend this to anyone. It's 2 hours long and the combat has no depth.

Anteater

Game is fun if you like character action games, and the game reward you for taking advantage of its combat, especially the parrying, you can clear some of the enemies fast if you have good timing, it's basically bloody palace and not sure if it's worth the price they're asking for, but if you can get it for a few dollars, I'd recommend it, it has some really neat ideas

here's a dude playing on inferno difficulty with mostly parrying/flourish (bosses spoilers):

https://youtu.be/KeupqUEhvCo?t=292

I never beat the higher difficulties but I thought it felt really great to play once you get the hang of the combat and it makes you feel boss

KyleCross

Remember seeing this and thinking it looked shallow, judging from the responses here seems that's quite accurate. Charging $12 is pretty ridiculous.

Got it on steam way back. Misa is loosely based on Vergil's darkslayer moveset, with some melee (kicks) mixups thrown in between. Some specials like the judgement cut lookalike, may seem entirely ripped off. Dont remember it having that much depth either. I think you can iframe abuse with certain moves, though it doesn't have a cancel mechanic. Its decent. I'm not complaining as I got it during a sale for a couple if bucks or something.

Its also a short game. The design is pretty much like bloody palace IIRC with bosses and cutscenes thrown in between.

CHC

"Samurai Action Game"

All screenshots show sexed up schoolgirl with a katana....

C'mon guys.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Total Biscuit did a WTF is granted it's the PC version but I assume the gameplay still apply for the PS4 version and honestly it looks cheap and unfinished.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I've always wondered how the hell a Kill La Kill mod hasn't been made for this game yet.

eksy

Banned
It's $4 on Steam right now due to a sale...

For those that have played it, is it best to wait for a sale on PSN? $12 does seem overpriced.

From the screens, it looks like it might have english voices, or at least english subtitles that weren't on the Steam version.

Top Bottom