• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samurai Jack Season 5 |OT| But Yeah, I’m Thinking I’m Back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheChits

I'm surprised at how upset this has made me. Pretty darn disappointed
LLShC.gif

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
It's a ten episode show they've been hyping for months.

They couldn't go four episodes without fucking it up somehow.

GG, Adult Swim.

Fuckers.

Zubz

Banned
Cause Rick and Morty fans have waited a painful excruciating WHOLE year and a half for a new season. What's 14 years to that? Fuck, I'm irrationally salty right now.

Yes, but we've (SJ fans) still had 3 weeks of Jack since those 14 years. The most we (R&M fans) had were 2 animatics since a year-and-a-half cliffhanger that wasn't even intended to be a cliffhanger.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Yes, but we've (SJ fans) still had 3 weeks of Jack since those 14 years. The most we (R&M fans) had were 2 animatics since a year-and-a-half cliffhanger that wasn't even intended to be a cliffhanger.

but why do they have to show the episode like 8 times in a row?

is that last repeat so necessary that they have to push Samurai Jack back a week?

Also, if i'm not mistaken they aren't even showing the rest of the Rick and Morty shows after this for months. Why break up a ten episode limited run just so you can have multiple repeats of a one-off episode? It doesn't make any goddamn sense

darklin0

Banned

is that last repeat so necessary that they have to push Samurai Jack back a week?

Also, if i'm not mistaken they aren't even showing the rest of the Rick and Morty shows after this for months. Why break up a ten episode limited run just so you can have multiple repeats of a one-off episode? It doesn't make any goddamn sense

It was either this or The Room again, they do this every year. Honestly, I don't know why more people didn't see this coming.

Zubz

Banned

As a guy that'd gleefully delay both Samurai Jack & Rick & Morty for a Venture Bros. premiere, I can't deny Rick & Morty's their biggest property right now. A surprise airing's a beautiful April Fool's joke, but people might be upset if they missed it.

I don't agree with the choice, & maybe I'm still in a rush after realizing [as] did a 2nd April Fool's joke today, but I can understand it.

It was either this or The Room again, they do this every year. Honestly, I don't know why more people didn't see this coming.

[as] usually does April Fool's jokes on the block that ends on April Fool's, and already did a joke of warping the audio on all the re-runs they aired this morning, such as Bob's Burgers with constant horror movie stingers, a laugh track, & demon voiced Fischoeder/Pesto Twins. There was no reason to expect anything after that.

Paskil

Hmmm, just not updated yet?

The Adult Swim daily schedule has been updated to no longer display Saturday April 1. However, the Samurai Jack rerun for Wednesday still shows episode 95 and next Saturday shows 96.

Jocund

... Huh. That also makes sense. This seemed like a relative breather episode, too (As did Super), so this definitely worked out for the best, IMO.
Nah

Fourteen fucking years waiting for this shit that might have never happened and then it does and they do this obnoxious bullshit

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
You know, I know we're all pissed about no Jack this week...but FUCK that episode of Rick and Morty was fantastic.

Yup. It's easily the best show on TV right now. Just watch the first episode of the fifth season, it's great. And the episodes only get better from there.

you can't just start with the season 5 opener. at least watch the first three episodes and the rest of the first season.

you can't just start with the season 5 opener. at least watch the first three episodes and the rest of the first season.

I think you can, it's intentionally reminiscent to the original pilot so if a new viewer likes what they see they can easily track down the old stuff. This new season kinda works perfectly on it's own, so far anyway.

Xe4

Banned
You really don't need to watch any of the original series to understand S5, and if people like this season well enough they can go back and watch the OG. Watching the original season could disused certain people.

Acrylic7

I think you can, it's intentionally reminiscent to the original pilot so if a new viewer likes what they see they can easily track down the old stuff. This new season kinda works perfectly on it's own, so far anyway.

You really don't need to watch any of the original series to understand S5, and if people like this season well enough they can go back and watch the OG. Watching the original season could disused certain people.

I think watching the very first episodes or the 1st season is a good idea. Even though the episodes are loosely connected it pretty much describes the main situation Jack is thrown into and is a great introduction into the futuristic and all over the place world Aku has built.

If you are starting from Season 5 then you don't really know anything. You cant even tell Jacks a samurai or who Aku is. If you just jump into S5 all you are seeing is a highly skilled crazy guy on a bike having a bad day.

Its also quite the tonal shift as well.

Seesaw15

I disagree. While you don't need to have watched any of the previous 4 seasons to enjoy S5 on a purely visual/action story telling level you need to at least watch the old intro to understand whats going on. If you asked someone what the plot of the show was just off the past 3 episodes and the new intro they'd probably think Jack was an immortal who wants to go back in time 50 years to stop something.

The 1 hr pilot is essential because it lays out the story and makes Jacks motivation clear.

cntr

Banned
You'll need the first three episodes and the Scotsman's introduction, at minimum. They've made other references, but they've been pretty subtle so far.

Man, talk about an unfortunate early morning---I'd really been enjoying my streak of hitting the DVR at night then catching Jack first thing Sunday before confronting the day. :/

darklin0

Banned
As a guy that'd gleefully delay both Samurai Jack & Rick & Morty for a Venture Bros. premiere, I can't deny Rick & Morty's their biggest property right now. A surprise airing's a beautiful April Fool's joke, but people might be upset if they missed it.

I don't agree with the choice, & maybe I'm still in a rush after realizing [as] did a 2nd April Fool's joke today, but I can understand it.

[as] usually does April Fool's jokes on the block that ends on April Fool's, and already did a joke of warping the audio on all the re-runs they aired this morning, such as Bob's Burgers with constant horror movie stingers, a laugh track, & demon voiced Fischoeder/Pesto Twins. There was no reason to expect anything after that.
Oh, wow! I did not know they did something before the Rick and Morty prank. I can see why they pulled the rug out of so many now.

Zubz

Banned
Nah

Fourteen fucking years waiting for this shit that might have never happened and then it does and they do this obnoxious bullshit

But Rick's been waiting 19 years for that Szechuan Dipping Sauce. You'd just take that away from him?

cntr

Banned
Oh, wow! I did not know they did something before the Rick and Morty prank. I can see why they pulled the rug out of so many now.
And they usually do their April Fools joke on the night of March 31, so this is something new for them.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
And they usually do their April Fools joke on the night of March 31, so this is something new for them.

Probably because it fell on a Saturday. Next year there will probably be nothing after midnight on Saturday.

Seda

Apparently they are showing XCV this Wednesday at 10pm Eastern. I hope my DVR catches it properly.

I doubt it even if that's what TV listings say. This stunt certainly isn't the first time Adult Swim has gone "off-script".

They will probably air Rick and Morty again, or maybe just replay the previous episode of Samurai Jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom