• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

School Days |OT| (Adult VN, English, Nice Boats) Don't hate the player hate the game

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Quoted for infinite truth. School Days is so much more than its ending.
Oh yes, it's all about the journey, not just the boat. You will still likely call it crazy at the end too, but damn if you won't be on your feet applauding at that crazy. Best crazy in romance anime evar.

This VN is not in HD, it just has 16:9 support.
You sure? I mean, I know the quality went up. The original was in 800x600, but wouldn't this one be in like 720p? Or is it 600p?

Kame

Lol didn't
the protagonist's head get his head cut off at the end of the anime series?

Not sure if that was that anime, watched it way back then. If so, that was a horrible show :/

Lol didn't

Not sure if that was that anime, watched it way back then. If so, that was a horrible show :/

how so? An anime with consequences for all the tomfoolery was a great wakeup call imo.

wonzo

Banned
Lol didn't

It's the greatest deconstruction of shitty harem shows ever made. Unfortunately, few heeded its message. :(

Kame

how so? An anime with consequences for all the tomfoolery was a great wakeup call imo.

Hmm well, I do agree to your statement, but in general I felt that the point of the show was dumb. Personality of the protagonist was really weak, he can't decide anything for himself.

Hmm well, I do agree to your statement, but in general I felt that the point of the show was dumb. Personality of the protagonist was really weak, he can't decide anything for himself.

Well... yeah. You only can do so much with adaptions (But you gotta appreciate the balls on the director to choose a combo of all the worst routes of the VN versus the plentiful of 'happier' routes).

The anime would have probably worked out better as a 2 cour show. The ending arc did feel rushed and I was going "wait, wtf is going on?" for quite a bit. Was still a more interesting (but still dumb) show than it had any right to be.

Makoto was plenty assertive. His decision was to have his cakes and eat them too.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
7duuj.png

scy

To be fair, I think many of us are secretly hoping for a nice boat finish.
Since there is no Haqua route

In regards to School Days, the anime went for a
bad end route
because the popularity of the game was due to them in the first place. I wouldn't really take the anime ending as an indicator of the game. You might be disappointed if you do!

Kotonoha's suicide dive expression still haunts me.

Aedile

Is there anything that makes this VN distinct from others in the genre (aside from the difference in presentation mentioned in the OP)?

icecream

Public Health Threat
Is there anything that makes this VN distinct from others in the genre (aside from the difference in presentation mentioned in the OP)?
The unique aspect of the game pretty much is the presentation. Even now, there aren't that many animation eroge on the market (especially with as many characters and paths), and the fact that this one happens to have such an... unusual storyline on top of that is the reason why it's so popular.

Though unfortunately in the end, 0verflow paid the piper for their ambitions...

hamchan

Played through it twice. It being basically like watching a choose your own adventure anime is blowing my mind. It's freaking amazing. Damn, I wish all visual novels had production values like this.

Also Otome route is hilarious. I feel like in this route Makoto wasn't actually being an ass yet the two mains still turned into crazy chicks! Loving it!

Top Bottom