• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

School-to-prison pipeline exposed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
I can believe a lot of shocking, horrific, and depressing news stories but I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that this was actually going on in the US in the 21st century....

Sadder yet is this makes the private prison system in Riki Oh look reasonable in comparison.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Lol not that I'm defending the US Prison system, but that is pretty funny. Alaska has like 700k people, Macedonia is 2million lol. PA is 12 million, Poland is 38 million lol. Most of those states have less than the countries listed.

I think it's saying that Alaska has the same number of people incarcerated as Macedonia and Pennsylvania has the same number of people incarcerated as Poland. Not that the prison populations of Alaska and Pennsylvania are the same as the TOTAL populations of Macedonia and Poland, respectively.

Chichikov

Because the private for profit prisons are the reasoning behind the governing bodies broke the laws?

Hurr durr government. No. The private prison lobby lobbies for the laws and judges and the result is this. Can't have one without the other.
While the profit definitely played a role here, there is a horrifying and systemic failure of the government on all levels here.
Hopefully, the DOJ will start to correct that.

Anyway, I find this whole private sector vs. government angle this thread took to be really bizarre.
I mean, the very concept of the prison industry is the evil spawn of both having unnatural horrible sex.

nrrV8.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom